Bending Makes You Stronger?

MANTHOS

Hi guys,

Bending makes you stronger?

It helps for the whole body or just increases upper body strength?

If you want to close big grippers, bending will help?

Bending does make you stronger but it is not good for gripper strength. In fact many people find it hard to progress at grippers while bending. Bending taxes your hands pretty hard so it can come in the way of other grip training.

But if you're looking for something that will make your mind stronger than bending is it. Really something that builds character IMO wich will help you with all type of training

It sounds very intresting so let's bend!

Thanks guys for your replies.

Bending is definitely a challenge of the mind in large part. It will make your wrists stronger, definitely, but not over all body strength. I actually have a difficult time believing it has mcuh carry over to upper body strength either. Bending is very specific. There are guys here like Mr. Wigren up there who is a very strong guy, but I probably out weigh him by at least 40 pounds of muscle, yet he owns me and a lot of others in bending :bow:rock More or less what I'm saying is don't expect bending to lead you to a bigger bench, overhead press, or anything like that and don't expect that if you have a big bench that you're automatically going to dominate the bending scene, although it no doubt helps. You need to train specifically for both and overcome a lot of mental obstacles. However, don't neglect your gym lifts. A good full body gym routine, including full body movements like squat and deadlift will help you tremendously. Be patient, work hard and stay strong. Good luck!

Edited by easyWeight

Bending is definitely a challenge of the mind in large part. It will make your wrists stronger, definitely, but not over all body strength. I actually have a difficult time believing it has mcuh carry over to upper body strength either. Bending is very specific. There are guys here like Mr. Wigren up there who is a very strong guy, but I probably out weigh him by at least 40 pounds of muscle, yet he owns me and a lot of others in bending :bow:rock More or less what I'm saying is don't expect bending to lead you to a bigger bench, overhead press, or anything like that and don't expect that if you have a big bench that you're automatically going to dominate the bending scene, although it no doubt helps. You need to train specifically for both and overcome a lot of mental obstacles. However, don't neglect your gym lifts. A good full body gym routine, including full body movements like squat and deadlift will help you tremendously. Be patient, work hard and stay strong. Good luck!

:blush:):D:cool

The different styles of bending use completely different muscles - just get strong every where and you'll be fine. Like most things - bending is a LOT of technique and the ability to achieve proper position is key - your strength will be worthless if you can't get into the proper position to use it.

I agree with all the above and I especially agree with Josh, a 17 year old with the wisdom of a 50 year old.

In the past i did some training with grippers .. 1 mm from the coc#3. after this i started bending ;after 6 month with zero gripper training i am at the same level i was before. for me bending didnt decrease my gripper "ability"...its still the same.

U will notice when u ready for bending ... if u want to do it badly u are ready to beat another p.b! if your mind and stamina are slow its probably one "off-day" concerning bending.

I believe the best benders in the world have born "benders":-) best of luck.