Finally Got A Do

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

I know the form is horrible, but I finally got a decent DO bend. Here is the video for you guys to have a good laugh over. This was a 1/4" X 6" standard grade bolt.

After I did this, I watched David Wigren's Huge Shiny bend again and I realized I wasn't keeping the steel up under my chin the right way. I wrapped a 60D and gave it a shot. Didn't bother video taping it because I figured there was no chance. Well, to my amazement, it went. Keeping the steel up under my chin made a big difference. Here is a pic of the final damage...

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/124725460...092_1767772.jpg

Here is another shot of the 5/16" X 6" HRS I wobbled DU. Planning on finishing this off later in the week.

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/124725460...092_1192092.jpg

Awesome man. Just got my first over the weekend as well. You'll be killing the big stuff in no time! :rock

Great job, form was not that bad once you put it under your chin :rock , notice how it finally moved when you did that. Keep that in mind on every bend.

Glad I could help you through my video.

Just keep that bar high and you'll get alot stronger. But it won't solve all problems right away. You will still suffer from not being flexible enough. While holding the bar high, it will want to go away from your body. Just focus on bringing it in close and work on shoulder flexibility. And it will get alot better

Solid work, Mikey!

Those wraps are solid! Where'd you get them?

Guest Bullitt
Solid work, Mikey!

Those wraps are solid! Where'd you get them?

Michael's. Eaton told me about them. Craft leather. They work great. I bought an extra square you can have.

That was good Mike!!! You obviously have some flexibility issues getting the bar up high, but if you keep doing your bends just like that, you'll soon find yourself bending like a pro!!! You just brute-forced your way through that 60d :rock :rock :rock

Awesome Man :rock It will just keep getting better from here :mosher

You can also use your wobbles from Reverse and DU to help you get the DO kink down :)

Great job!

Judging from your pic, I bet your 5/16 isn't actually true hot rolled steel but harder stuff like the 3 foot sections sold at hardware stores. True hot rolled is easier and has a scale that flakes off with the slightest bit of bend.

Tim

Guest Bullitt
Great job!

Judging from your pic, I bet your 5/16 isn't actually true hot rolled steel but harder stuff like the 3 foot sections sold at hardware stores. True hot rolled is easier and has a scale that flakes off with the slightest bit of bend.

Tim

Yea, that's exactly what it is. I bought a 3' or 4' rod from the hardware store and have been cutting it down to size with a hacksaw. I just figured it was HRS.

Question: Any idea where to get grade 5 and 8 bolts from? The longest I have been able to find are 4" at Home Depot and Lowes.

Congrats Mike;no matter how u did it!

the style u used was the hardest possible; i believe u will learn the easier(for u) and then we are going to watch great bends!go for it! but first the mm1 cert title:-)

• 2 weeks later...
Question: Any idea where to get grade 5 and 8 bolts from? The longest I have been able to find are 4" at Home Depot and Lowes.

I have been able to find g5's at my local hardware store. As well as horseshoes. :blink But, I do kind of live in Hickville. :rock

Guest Bullitt

I have been able to find g5's at my local hardware store. As well as horseshoes. :blink But, I do kind of live in Hickville. :rock

:laugh I'll keep looking then. I'm pretty sure there is a Hickville around here somewhere. ;)

I was kind of bored so I took the liberty of looking this up for you:

Fastenal

1360 Blair Dr. Suite F

Odenton, MD 21113

P: 410-305-1123

F: 410-305-0153

mdode@stores.fastenal.com

They have any kind of bolt you would want. Also, they have drillrod that you can get in just about any size imaginable. If they don't have it in stock, you can usually call them and they can have it in a few days. We deal them with alot for work and I just picked up some drillrod for myself the other day. Hope this helps man.

Guest Bullitt
I was kind of bored so I took the liberty of looking this up for you:

Fastenal

1360 Blair Dr. Suite F

Odenton, MD 21113

P: 410-305-1123

F: 410-305-0153

mdode@stores.fastenal.com

They have any kind of bolt you would want. Also, they have drillrod that you can get in just about any size imaginable. If they don't have it in stock, you can usually call them and they can have it in a few days. We deal them with alot for work and I just picked up some drillrod for myself the other day. Hope this helps man.

Dude, you have just confirmed that the grip and bending community is the coolest bunch of people in the world. Above and beyond bro. I really appreciate it. I will grab some tomorrow. The serious bending commences this week after the MM1!!!!! :rock

Dude, you have just confirmed that the grip and bending community is the coolest bunch of people in the world. Above and beyond bro. I really appreciate it. I will grab some tomorrow. The serious bending commences this week after the MM1!!!!! :rock

No problem man. I am sure that you and pretty much everyone else deals with what I deal with. I tell people that I am interested in grip and bending and they either look at me like I am absolutely crazy or just come right out and tell me I am. I just thought about fastenal having it the other day. So, I thought I would pass that along.

I am not real sure about the difficulty of the drillrod compared to CRS or HRS. Hopefully my stuff will be in from FBBC this week, so I will be able to make a good comparison. But, I do know that the 1/4" is alot easier than a g5. But, one thing that is really good about the drillrod is that you can get it in 1/64 increments. So, that will give you alot broader range of stuff to work on once you get to larger stuff.

Good luck on the MM1 too! I know you guys should have no problem whatsoever. Kill it!!!

Guest Bullitt

YES!!!

Now that MM1 is behind me (one way or the other), I had to do some bending. Warmed up with some 3/16 X 6 shiny square keystock. That stuff was a little tougher than I thought it would be for 3/16. Then I tried the 1/4 X 6 G8s, but couldn't get them. So I remembered what Booyah said about using the 5/16 I had wobbled about 5 degrees DU to work on my DO. Gave it everything I had and shoulder flexibility, while still bad, was much improved. It finally kinked on the 5th hit and then three more hits to get my paws around it and crush it down. That hurt, but felt great. Here's a pic of the final damage!

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/124932338..._1092_80734.jpg

Thanks everyone. I may actually be able to do this stuff. :D

Not sure how hard this stuff is. It's the 4' rod stock you get at the hardware store.

Edited by Bullitt

YES!!!

Now that MM1 is behind me (one way or the other), I had to do some bending. Warmed up with some 3/16 X 6 shiny square keystock. That stuff was a little tougher than I thought it would be for 3/16. Then I tried the 1/4 X 6 G8s, but couldn't get them. So I remembered what Booyah said about using the 5/16 I had wobbled about 5 degrees DU to work on my DO. Gave it everything I had and shoulder flexibility, while still bad, was much improved. It finally kinked on the 5th hit and then three more hits to get my paws around it and crush it down. That hurt, but felt great. Here's a pic of the final damage!

Nice work! Like a seasoned pro

Guest Bullitt
YES!!!

Nice work! Like a seasoned pro

If you could have seen me almost pass out on the 4th hit, you would have known nothing is further from the truth. :blush

Awesome man! I like keeping up with your progress. Seems to me you are just a shade ahead of me. Looks like I am gonna have to go get some 5/16 now and bust a bollock on it! :laugh

Seriously though, great work! :rock

Guest Bullitt
Awesome man! I like keeping up with your progress. Seems to me you are just a shade ahead of me. Looks like I am gonna have to go get some 5/16 now and bust a bollock on it! :laugh

Seriously though, great work! :rock

Thanks bro! I love this stuff!