For The Steel Slayer List

David_wigren

I hope I got it right concerning theese new rules for the top 20 list.

Huge shiny bend

Now that I overlook the rules again I'm not sure if I got it right concerning the hole. All other things should be good.

The bend itself not so difficult. ;)

Thank you

It looked good to me but i'm not the judge. My only question is rule #4 about the calibration. Was that batch calibrated? That rule is why i was looking into calibrating stock in the near future. It seems to me that the reason for the rule #4 calibration was so the actual result of the calibration is what would rank one pc higher then another pc. This would combat the problem of variations in steel from batch to batch. Like i have heard on here that the bastards are harder today than at other times etc...

So to follow rule number 4 would we have to have a pc that is tagged with a batch calibration number? I'm still confused but i am glad you are giving this a shot to move this forward.

Also, wether this follows the rules or not it was a great bend, and i can only hope to do that one day. And damn, those IM wraps have been around a long time.

It looked good to me but i'm not the judge. My only question is rule #4 about the calibration. Was that batch calibrated? That rule is why i was looking into calibrating stock in the near future. It seems to me that the reason for the rule #4 calibration was so the actual result of the calibration is what would rank one pc higher then another pc. This would combat the problem of variations in steel from batch to batch. Like i have heard on here that the bastards are harder today than at other times etc...

So to follow rule number 4 would we have to have a pc that is tagged with a batch calibration number? I'm still confused but i am glad you are giving this a shot to move this forward.

Also, wether this follows the rules or not it was a great bend, and i can only hope to do that one day. And damn, those IM wraps have been around a long time.

Thank you Mike!

You will bend theese in Im pads or equivilant wraps one day. You are progressing way faster than I am/did.

lol yeah theese Im pads have been around. It was a bit tricky to get the shredded parts of the pads through the hole. But I like them when they are that way. They get a little more ruggid and sturdy, so they are nicer to use than brand new ones. I'll keep using them untill they become completly shredded.

This batch have not been calibrated. I PM'd Eric about that just a minute ago. Figured it would work if I sent a few peices of this batch for calibration. So if he wants it I'll send a couple as theese would probably calibrate lower than the old shiny's that calibrated 545 at 7"... Just my guess but they do feel easier than the old stuff, at least on the kink.

I'm confused aswell as how this is how it was meant to be. Or if pre calibrated stock is to be avalible through fbbc or sent out when requested or whatever.

It should be clear down the line. I just wanted to post a video to se if I got everything right with the bend it self. And if all I need from now on is to send a few of theese to Eric. Then that would be sweet

What i did for the whole was i drilled a 1-1/4" hole in the 2x4 that is part of my bending table. I don't think i posted a picture / video of that table yet but i will eventually.

What i did for the whole was i drilled a 1-1/4" hole in the 2x4 that is part of my bending table. I don't think i posted a picture / video of that table yet but i will eventually.

That's pretty smart. I will probably do the same with my table now

Really strong! :rock

Right on, David. Great Bend!

All I need is one piece of that batch to calibrate. As far as getting stock calibrated is concerned, you can send me a piece, get a piece from someone who has stock calibrated already, or request a piece from me. I've always hoped that others would get into calibrating, and I'm thrilled Mike is getting started, but in the meantime I guess it's all me.

Great bend David! :rock The new rules make it a bit more of a hassle for those wanting to get on the list, but I guess only those who are serious will go through the trouble. It's good to see someone take the first stab at it.

Thanks everyone.

The new rules make it a bit more of a hassle at first. But I don't mind. Theese new rules almost feels tailer fit for me so I might as well have the first go.

It will also be nice to know exactly what the shiny's calibrate.

Nice Bend David!!! Congrats :rock

awesome bending as usual David! :rock

David sent me three pieces of the stainless he bent. All three hit 705 at 6". Maybe they all came from the same length of steel.

David has made his mark and got the ball rolling with the new Steel Slayer's list in impressive fashion!

David sent me three pieces of the stainless he bent. All three hit 705 at 6". Maybe they all came from the same length of steel.

David has made his mark and got the ball rolling with the new Steel Slayer's list in impressive fashion!

Yep a HUGE thumbs up to David :rock

Thank you Eric and Gazza. I'm a bit surprised that it cal'd over 700lbs. My first guess was that it would go at 670 or 680lbs. But it's only positive to learn that you're a little stronger than you thought you where. Thanks again