Crush Pad Tutorial

bencrush

This is just a short video going over the basics of stabilizing the crush pads in your hands and it also deals with the distance issue. You'll understand when you watch it.

There have been requests for a while for me to shoot a quick video and I just got around to it finally when the last person asked. Wish I had shot the video when I was moving Huge KOABs though. :blush

If you've already tried out the crush pads and found them to be useless - you might want to try them again. You probably just didn't practice with them enough to get efficient at using them to best advantage. And don't worry, you won't suddenly lose your ability to crush things down when you're not using the crush pads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deJ-Cq94870

Thanks for the Video Ben :rock

its a great video ben! :rock

i never used crush pads but my friends told me using im wraps be do the trick(probably not the same).

after this i asked my bro to send me one but i may use im wraps instead.

Nicer video ben! You should become a teacher or something, you really catched my interest there, thanks!

I haven't used them much but that's a great video. Thanks for posting it Ben! :)

Wow Ben, never realized your pads have pockets. Is that what most peoples are like?

- Aaron

Wow Ben, never realized your pads have pockets. Is that what most peoples are like?

- Aaron

Yeah, mine do not have pockets either. Any tutorial on how they were made or where we can get them?

I use them on really tough bends but without the pockets they are real tricky, if i had a pair like that i would get better use from them.

- Aaron

Yeah, mine do not have pockets either. Any tutorial on how they were made or where we can get them?

I use them on really tough bends but without the pockets they are real tricky, if i had a pair like that i would get better use from them.

Jason "Big Nasty", currently Medium Nasty, Payne makes the "Caddy Crush Pads". The pads are very nice, very tough, and worth every penny if you love to bend. They added a little for me but the main advantage was I didn't palm strike myself in the mouth or torque my wrist everytime I'd slip off the steel.

Thanks guys! :D

Aaron, I'm not sure how most of the guy's crush pads are these days. I don't think most have the pockets. I like the way they feel but strangely - the pocket doesn't help stabilize the bar anymore for me than the old ones I had where I just kept the bar in place with good old pressure. The main reason to use the ones that Jason made for me is that they're super heavy-duty! I was tearing through my crush pads when I was doing some shorter 5/16" G8 crushdowns. I got tired of gluing a new pair up every few weeks. His pads have taken a huge beating and kept on trucking.

great stuff as usual Ben. I always love watching tutorial videos from experienced benders. I may have to order some of those pads soon they look badass

I have learned a load of stuff from Ben in the last 4 years and he keeps on giving!!! Thanks again Ben, you are Kick A$$ :rock:D

Thanks guys! :D

Aaron, I'm not sure how most of the guy's crush pads are these days. I don't think most have the pockets. I like the way they feel but strangely - the pocket doesn't help stabilize the bar anymore for me than the old ones I had where I just kept the bar in place with good old pressure. The main reason to use the ones that Jason made for me is that they're super heavy-duty! I was tearing through my crush pads when I was doing some shorter 5/16" G8 crushdowns. I got tired of gluing a new pair up every few weeks. His pads have taken a huge beating and kept on trucking.

Ok, yeah I punch thru my heavy duty ones as well on the really nasty bends.

Thanks,

Aaron

Thanks again Ben .... you never disappoint :rock:rock

So what are benefits from crush pads? Can I use rubber for crush pads?

BTW, after watching this video I tryed crushdown like you do it. I got a lot strenght to crushdown by this technique change :). Thanks!

My personal favorite part of the video is at 1:55 :rock "You know what, I'll take off one of the fat pads because you know I don't have any power without the fat pads" LMAO :D:D:D:D:D:yikes:yikes:yikes:yikes:yikes