Starting To Finally Get Some Bending Prs Again

EricMilfeld

Now that I'm training bending with some focus as I prepare for our contest in September I've recaptured the zest and lust for the steel warfare again. :yikes Tonight I finished off a Griprite galvanized 8" spike, with my previous best being 8 3/4", performed at a body weight 20 pounds heavier than I am now. The Tim T technique all of a sudden clicked for me during these past few weeks. I didn't require near the angle of bend during the initial phase that I did when I would crush it between my torso and leg. I didn't measure it, but it was probably well under 20 degrees when I placed it between my legs tonight for the crush down. Anyways, I'm really excited, as this form of bending has always been my weakest.

The ol' horseshoes are doing nicely, too. I've been working on speed and it's paying off with the steel staying hot. When I did a St. Croix Plain #3 with thick pads a while back I was at my peak. At the time the Diamond Broncos were still taking me a couple of minutes as I worked for those last few degrees. I'm now thrilled to report that various sizes of Broncos are going past 180 in 15 seconds with my thin pads.

Double overhand, the crush in particular, is still not quite up to par, but I can't complain too much as my weight is well under my optimal for that endeavor. Reverse grip is staying steady.

Just sharing the joy of discovering a renewed passion for bending six years after my first 60D. :)

That's impressive, Eric! :rock15 seconds! Was that a Bronco you bent a couple of weeks ago..?

Good to hear you're still enjoying it after all those years. :rock

That's impressive, Eric! :rock15 seconds! Was that a Bronco you bent a couple of weeks ago..?

Thanks, everybody!

Sherrie, yeah it was. I did a Bronco 0 and 00. And I did a St. Croix Lite O or OO that Ryan brought over, as well. I'm still doing isos with that Diamond #3 Plain Mule shoe, though. Well, actually I have managed about a 1/8" kink with it.

Thanks, everybody!

Sherrie, yeah it was. I did a Bronco 0 and 00. And I did a St. Croix Lite O or OO that Ryan brought over, as well. I'm still doing isos with that Diamond #3 Plain Mule shoe, though. Well, actually I have managed about a 1/8" kink with it.

I couldn't remember which shoe I happened to catch while playing with the camera. I'll guess September for you to get the #3 mule to 180...I have a feeling you'll be revved up for the next 3 months - that should do it! :D

The motivation of competition is incredible. Glad to see you are back in the groove, keep it up. I think it will be alot of fun in September :rock

Glad to see your steel bending is still Kicking A$$ :rock

Great bending! What steel do you manage reverse style?

I've done 6" bars that calibrate in the mid 500s.

The motivation of competition is incredible. Glad to see you are back in the groove, keep it up. I think it will be alot of fun in September :rock

Yes. No one wants to look to like a big weakling in front of every one. :laugh Seriously, it will be some serious fun.

Glad to see your steel bending is still Kicking A$$ :rock

Right back at you, Big Mike!

Keep up with the good work Eric

Thanks, David! Too bad you don't live in the states. You would be a serious force to be reckoned with in the under 200 pound class at the contest. :ohmy

Keep riding that wave Eric !! I'm glad to hear your still progressing. :rock

Also, David W. would be a serious force to be reconed with in ANY weight class. :whacked

Nice job and glad to see you at it again.

Tim

Good to see you fired up about bending again Eric! Hope you continue on to smash the KOAB this year too.

Keep riding that wave Eric !! I'm glad to hear your still progressing. :rock

Also, David W. would be a serious force to be reconed with in ANY weight class. :whacked

:fear