Huge Bastard

easyWeight

I was well rested today and bending was going well. I absolutely destroyed a 6.5x5/16 CRS that IMO is harder stock than Bastard. That inspired me to go after the Huge Bastard; a length that I had never bothered to even try due to my slow progression over the Big Bastard. It didn't quite 'melt' but wasn't too bad either :rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7fuhO-jOs8

Great ben Darin! Thoose bastards are freaky hard. Have you tried to bend cut reds? Should be good for a 5" red if you're comfortable with that length

Great Job :rock:rock , I think those Bastards are harder then the Stainless right now.

Thanks guys!

David, I'm running low on Reds so I'm saving them to keep working on my IMP bending. I was almost tempted to try for a Grand Bastard today. It'll fall soon I think.

Mike, they are definitely MUCH harder to kink, but I think the crush on the Shiny is still in a league of its own. The Huge Bastard crushed quite easily for me and after the camera shut off, I easily took it down another 1/2" in a single quick hit :D

Good job Darin! :rock I don't know how you get any power with that open hand crush technique, I've never had any luck with that.

congrats Darin , as was a matter a fact it was one easy bend for u:-)

Kink technqiue looks different now! all your body doing the job! thats what work for me aswell

Good job Darin! :rock I don't know how you get any power with that open hand crush technique, I've never had any luck with that.

Thanks Perry! Do you mean interlocking my fingers on the crush? If I'm not mistaken, that's how you crush also isn't it? Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean...

congrats Darin , as was a matter a fact it was one easy bend for u:-)

Kink technqiue looks different now! all your body doing the job! thats what work for me aswell

Thanks Hugo! I realized a while back that I wasn't lifting my elbows up high enough. I'm definitely getting more body into it now and my kink is feeling good. Grand Bastard next!

No, not the interlocking of the fingers. After you switch to the IM wraps (or what looks like IM wraps) you give it one final hit holding it like a gripper and keep the other hand open and just push against the hand holding the bar. I've never been able to get that to work for me. Maybe it's good for the guys with strong pecs?

Great Bend Darin :rock Looks about a half inch off center. That could have easily been a Grand Bastard !!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

No, not the interlocking of the fingers. After you switch to the IM wraps (or what looks like IM wraps) you give it one final hit holding it like a gripper and keep the other hand open and just push against the hand holding the bar. I've never been able to get that to work for me. Maybe it's good for the guys with strong pecs?

Ah OK, I see. I generally switch it up back and forth between that and interlocked fingers depending on the piece of steel. I'm not sure I feel any real advantage between the two methods, but on really hard crushes like the Grand Shiny, the gripper style is really hard on the fingers of the hand gripping the steel.

Great Bend Darin :rock Looks about a half inch off center. That could have easily been a Grand Bastard !!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Thanks Booyah! Strange that it was off center. That doesn't happen to me very often. The Grand Bastard WILL fall soon!