How Do You Train For Horshoe Bending

jpmmkrahling

I know, i know. If you want to get better at bending horseshoes, i have to bend horshoes. But is there any other exercises you have found to help? Should i work on my tricepts?

Close grip benches, rows, and ab work wouldn't hurt. I really like isometrics with shoes that won't budge.

Core work and a strong back. The very best thing you could possibly do is find your groove with the shoes(so yes, bend more shoes too :D ).

Close grip benches, rows, and ab work wouldn't hurt. I really like isometrics with shoes that won't budge.
Core work and a strong back. The very best thing you could possibly do is find your groove with the shoes(so yes, bend more shoes too :D ).

I agree with colleagues

I'm not expert for shoe..... Isometrics with shoes helped for me the most

Isometrics have worked great for me. Isometrics in 3 different stages. I have one shoe that I work on that I can't budge at all. Another shoe at 90 and finaly one at 180 or close to 180. That's all you need. The rest is just complemeting stuff like deadlifts and working on a strong core and lockout tricep strength.

Thank you guys for the input. But with isometrics, how long should i hold them and how many reps? i have never tried iso's with anything before.

Thank you guys for the input. But with isometrics, how long should i hold them and how many reps? i have never tried iso's with anything before.

I think most follow the Gazza advice with long holds at 4-6 seconds.

For myself I want to learn to activate as much fast strong twiching musclefibres as possible so I usually go for around 2 seconds. Don't have a rep or set range. I do what feels right for the moment. Just to give a range, we're talking about 2-3 reps for 4-5 sets for each of the different isometric stage... If you get me

For myself I want to learn to activate as much fast strong twiching musclefibres as possible so I usually go for around 2 seconds. Don't have a rep or set range. I do what feels right for the moment. Just to give a range, we're talking about 2-3 reps for 4-5 sets for each of the different isometric stage... If you get me

Thanks David, looks like ii will be adding ISO's to my daily bending now.

Thanks David, looks like ii will be adding ISO's to my daily bending now.

http://ditillo2.blogspot.com/2009/03/back-...bill-starr.html

http://ditillo2.blogspot.com/2009/04/back-...bill-starr.html

I gues those are good info on isometrics.

I have never done iso's ,but maybe that's why these guys are better at shoes than me. Core work, over all strength training, and finding my grove with the shoes has helped me the most. My grove still isn't perfect.

I haven't done 'em in years, but weighted dips have got to be good.

I really hate horse shoes. I have bent long bars, medium bars, short bars, and even chains. But horse shoes as far as I remember I could put only a dent in one.

that and start just bending them... get light, easy shoes and work on form and technique and pound away. It will do a few things..

specifically train your body for exactly what you're trying to do, build up your hands, wrists, and legs for the bend itself, and engrain the motion (technique) into your body. Start light and build up! I got lucky and have a strong base from powerlifting and strongman so i got a heads up along with some badass coaches like eric... I LOVE horse shoes but hate all other bending. We'll put a video together soon to help beginners for sure!