Is There A List Of Difficulty For Horse Shoes?

jpmmkrahling

I am just trying to figure out how to progress in my training for the Steel Slayer showdown but i have NO idea of what is considered easy or hard. I know some of the pony shoes are tough because you can not get your hands around them, but does that make them a better bend than larger horse shoes?

There must be some kind of guideline being used at the SSS, i just can not find it anywhere.

Any guidence would be helpfull, Thanks in advance

Most of the shoes for the contest will be in the smaller range to save money. 00, 0, and 1s will make up the bulk of the selection. Have you tried a Diamond Classic 1?

Most of the shoes for the contest will be in the smaller range to save money. 00, 0, and 1s will make up the bulk of the selection. Have you tried a Diamond Classic 1?

I have not tried a DC1, i had 2 DCO's and the first one is what i am stuck on. The first time a moved it about 1", and today i got it to just past 45 degrees. Not quite far enough to get leverage to push straight down. But each time i have been learning a little more, and the videos on youtube help alot also.

We tried to do that in this thread from awhile ago:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=26603&hl=

Your welcome :D

This is exactly what i was looking for. Thank you, i have alot of reading to do tonight :D

Mike, 45 degrees should be enough to push straight down. I will put my hands out on the ends of the legs with a good bend in my elbows and then lean far forward as I bounce down on it. You'd be surprised how little bend is required in the initial push - pull phase. It's just a matter of honing your technique. I think the best way of perfecting your technique is work with very difficult shoes that demand you using the best possible leverages to bend it. Then when the shoe finally submits you'll be certain of what exact technique did it for you.

Listen to these 2 they know shoe bending!! Sometimes for me if i can only get them to 45 I can Use my abs to push down on the shoe to move it a little more befor i move to the all arm push. It takes more out of ya but if you can move it enough it helps.