Koab To 90 Degrees

AdamTGlass

Gents

tonight i took a stab at a KOAB. I have not tried steel this tough since my shoulder injury last August. In 2 minutes i took it to 90, and was so pooped after that. No way i was moving it any farther this evening. My kink is much stronger this year, but my sweep really sucks. I am hoping to nail this down by July. Big thanks to Gazza for posting all the INSANE bends lately for inspiration! :rock:rock

congrats! it won't be long now!

Great job Adam! Your hard work and dedication is really paying off. I am sure you'll finish the bend soon :rock

Great job!

the kink is the hardest part of the KOAB I'd say. You'll get it soon!

I think that depends ......... if it's the 665 KOAB this is true, if it's the 750 and above, I'd say the kink is more managable unless you get it moving real fast, which then the bar could be hot enough to keep your momentum, but if it's a slow kink, then I think the crush would still be harder - make sense?

Great job!

I think that depends ......... if it's the 665 KOAB this is true, if it's the 750 and above, I'd say the kink is more managable unless you get it moving real fast, which then the bar could be hot enough to keep your momentum, but if it's a slow kink, then I think the crush would still be harder - make sense?

Did you ever kill one of the 750s?

no - Aaron and I tried, but the crush is ridiculuos - I got a kink in it and then it froze, so we cheat kinked it a little further an Aaron hit it and moved it alittle, but then it froze again - that was a long time ago - we may need to revisit that bar

Great job!

no - Aaron and I tried, but the crush is ridiculuos - I got a kink in it and then it froze, so we cheat kinked it a little further an Aaron hit it and moved it alittle, but then it froze again - that was a long time ago - we may need to revisit that bar

I have done (2) 750 KOABS...all I had was 2. I will try to find that video when I get home. Keep up the great work Adam :rock

Great job!

I have done (2) 750 KOABS...all I had was 2. I will try to find that video when I get home. Keep up the great work Adam :rock

you are fibbing

you are fibbing

:fear

:laugh good job Chad - that is an elite bend bro - maybe we can have a bend-off at your comp during the aftermath - you down?

nice! thats some serious bending power. you'll get it soon for sure man :rock

speaking of KOABs does anyone have an easy 1 or 2 that theyd be willing to send me :whistel

Id be willing to pay a very generous amount of money :D

Great work Adam. That is impressive man !! :rock

Great progress Adam! :rock

Monster bending Adam!!! Just like you've been saying for a while, KBs can lead to some big bends. I tested that theory out at the contest yesterday and hit a Huge Shiny in about 30 seconds as an opener with no warmup - and it was the last event. I haven't bent anything but 4 or 5 barehanded bends in the past 3 months or so. Been doing a healthy amount of KB stuff and some USAWA event training.

Monster bending Adam!!! Just like you've been saying for a while, KBs can lead to some big bends. I tested that theory out at the contest yesterday and hit a Huge Shiny in about 30 seconds as an opener with no warmup - and it was the last event. I haven't bent anything but 4 or 5 barehanded bends in the past 3 months or so. Been doing a healthy amount of KB stuff and some USAWA event training.

Hey man I'm willing to do anything to get my bending to keep improving. What are some kettlebell exercises that you have found that would give a carryover to bending?

Hey man I'm willing to do anything to get my bending to keep improving. What are some kettlebell exercises that you have found that would give a carryover to bending?

I'm not Adam or Ben, but have been really big into Kettlebells for the last 2-1/2 years. It is hard to say for sure what Kettlebell exercises have the best carryover to bending, but Kettlebell presses (like a standing military press) in my opinion is a good start. Presses are the biggest shoulder exercise i have been consistently been doing for the last 2-1/2 years. And it took me less then 6 months to bend the Huge Shiny :D So i would start there. The thing with KB's is how they force your stabalizing muscles to get stronger because they are not a very balanced weight to work with. And when doing presses the weight of the bell is on the back of your arm (not in your palm like dumb bell presses) So you really need to activate more muscles to left them.

If you are interested i can give more information, i just would not want to bore you with the details unless you want me to. Let me know

I'm not Adam or Ben, but have been really big into Kettlebells for the last 2-1/2 years. It is hard to say for sure what Kettlebell exercises have the best carryover to bending, but Kettlebell presses (like a standing military press) in my opinion is a good start. Presses are the biggest shoulder exercise i have been consistently been doing for the last 2-1/2 years. And it took me less then 6 months to bend the Huge Shiny :D So i would start there. The thing with KB's is how they force your stabalizing muscles to get stronger because they are not a very balanced weight to work with. And when doing presses the weight of the bell is on the back of your arm (not in your palm like dumb bell presses) So you really need to activate more muscles to left them.

If you are interested i can give more information, i just would not want to bore you with the details unless you want me to. Let me know

I'd also be interested in hearing how KB specific training could translate to bending vs. just normal gym lifts. I don't really ever do any KB training, and not to out do Mike here, but I bent the Huge shiny in just over 3 months :D . I'm an amateur strongman competitor though, so I train heavy and hard on a regular basis. But if KBs could take my bending to another level, I'd definitely want to hear about it :rock

congrats Adam!!

Don't want to take over Adam's thread. The short answer is that I don't do any pressing exercises with KBs - and only the pullover and floor press for the single pressing exercise for the last 3 months.

-Snatches

-TGUs

-Slingshots

-Figure 8s

That's all I do with the KB. What makes it truly extraordinary in my case is that I only have a 16kg KB. Well, a 20kg now, but I picked that up on Saturday.