Best Bending Style For Armwrestlers?

ewokhugo

i am glad to be back to my "world" ...

my friend told me the sport of armwrestling may be olympic soon ...

just curious to know what do u guys think ...

does reverse style makes me a better armwrestler? i know all the talk : u must practise in the table ...

thanks in advance.

i am glad to be back to my "world" ...

my friend told me the sport of armwrestling may be olympic soon ...

just curious to know what do u guys think ...

does reverse style makes me a better armwrestler? i know all the talk : u must practise in the table ...

thanks in advance.

Glad to see that you are back Hugo! I was thinking yesterday that you hadn't been on here for a while.

I'm no armwrestler. But I would think that the reverse style would be the best way. It would probably build basic strength wich could be put to use during a top roll.

Edited by David_wigren

Hugo

Why pick? work on all of them. an Arm wrestler who becomes a well rounded bender would be formidable!

Hugo

Why pick? work on all of them. an Arm wrestler who becomes a well rounded bender would be formidable!

I agree - it wouldn't hurt (I don't think) to build all the supporting muscles as well - every little thing helps. You may also post this in the arm wrestling thread casue those guys could probably give more input - Josh Dale is an armwrestler and bender also, so maybe he could help

I think both the double underhand and the reverse style would give some tranferable strength to the table. It also depends on how you pull but any wrist strength can't hurt for armwrestling. Hope this helps,

Austin

Double Overhand

None until you've reached a level that it doesn't interfere with your table time. If you're at that level, a real reverse (not away from the body DO) would help strengthen your wrist for top rolling but there are more efficient ways to do it. DO, specifically trying to crush down that PR piece of steel for X minutes that gives you that insane total forearm pump, would be good for endurance but again there are more efficient ways to do it. Real DU will give you stronger R&P which is great for pulling but again, there's more efficient ways to do it.