How To Grip'n'rip

Paul Knight

Great video Paul, along with your gripper setting one you have done some of the best tutorials I have seen. You and Eric have enough knowledge between the two of you to make a video that many people would pay for.

I have to thank Nick Rosendaul for showing me how to grip n rip in person, good instruction and same stuff Paul does here.

Careful, when Clay Edgin made a tutorial on how to tear phonebooks he was accused "literally decimating the iron game" :D

I can't wait for certain individuals to see this thread :D

seriously?

Careful, when Clay Edgin made a tutorial on how to tear phonebooks he was accused "literally decimating the iron game" :D

seriously?

I couldn't make up something that good :D

seriously?

I couldn't make up something that good :D

One of them wouldn't happen to start with a J and end with usticeislost1988 would it? :D:D:D

seriously?

Paul, you ought to be ashamed of yourself! I mean, you are literally "decimating the iron game" with your "how to" videos. It's disgusting ;);););););):laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:D:D:D

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i tried.. and still couldnt rip it.. So I tossed it down and my 8 year old daughter informed me that "the guy in the video had a much bigger book and he could do it." My son immediately backed her up and said "He must be alot stronger than you daddy." then they walked away.. Thanks Paul!

well i tried.. and still couldnt rip it.. So I tossed it down and my 8 year old daughter informed me that "the guy in the video had a much bigger book and he could do it." My son immediately backed her up and said "He must be alot stronger than you daddy." then they walked away.. Thanks Paul!

anytime :laugh - that's my specialty ......... making you look bad infront of your kids

seriously - your waaaay strong enough to do it Chris - did you have that line in the book before you started pulling?

tell me Paul, it's got to be around the same as popping right? i mean the difficulty, because what you're doing is almost similar to popping by separating the pages, it's just they all rip so nice and even. i want to try it so bad, but i have no phonebooks because my brother went crazy popping them after i showed him how to pop.

Edited by Pancake Sprawl

i want to try it so bad, but i have no phonebooks because my brother went crazy popping them after i showed him how to pop.

:laugh

tell me Paul, it's got to be around the same as popping right? i mean the difficulty, because what you're doing is almost similar to popping by separating the pages, it's just they all rip so nice and even. i want to try it so bad, but i have no phonebooks because my brother went crazy popping them after i showed him how to pop.

at first it was harder for me, but it's getting easier the more I practice, but to answer your question, it's pretty darn close once you learn the technique although I'm still better at "popping" ........ certain phonebooks I can pop but not G'n'R, but that could be because I've had alot more practice w/the popping method

Great video Paul! I'd love to learn how to do that, but will probably need coaching as I'm not too great at learning from observation.

Great video Paul! I'd love to learn how to do that, but will probably need coaching as I'm not too great at learning from observation.

John Eaton tells me you guys fart around on Skype - I'll get my webcam setup and we can go to town

John Eaton tells me you guys fart around on Skype - I'll get my webcam setup and we can go to town

That would be great Paul! I'll let you know when I get my hands on a few, I think we have some at work.

Fair warning, you'll need a lot of patience. I'm terribly uncoordinated w/ fine motor stuff, ask Eaton how hopeless my gripper setting is if you haven't noticed that already. Or look at my keys sometime, most of the frequently used ones are bent. :blush My handwriting has always been horrible as well.

I hope your elbow heals up soon, my left elbow was dinged up when I got back into grip and it took over 1/2 a year before it got better.

Edited by odin

Skype is Eaton's training platform

Great Vid Paul.Smitty had shown me this technique at ggc 07,I must admit it takes a little bit to get used to it but once you get it you'll know it. ;)