7 Inch Stock Woes.

Skic

I am new to the board, thanks for hearing me out. I have bent a Red in practice, but have great trouble with the 7 inch stock, the feel is all wrong to me. Is it possible to be a stronger bender at shorter cuts? 6 inch grade 8 I killed, and the square FBBC 6 was real easy the red and Bastard hurt the shoulders and feel strange. For what it's worth. Skic

Its all about leverage and flexibility mate youve found out that you cannot apply your strength as effectivelly on 7inch stock as you can on 6inch stock.

Start training on 7 1/2 inch stock seated infront of a mirror and also do dips and shoulder dislocates and in time you will kill 7inch stuff jusat like you do with the 6inch stuff most importantly stick with it and dont give up it will come with time.

Just as Gazza suggested, the shoulder dislocates are amazing. YouTube them, then implement them. Other things that help are Hindu Pushups and just wrapping up an 8" bar and trying to get it to touch your chin, then your neck, then the crook where your chin meets your neck, then you start to apply power and bend 8" lengths unbraced. If you do nothing else, keep bending 7"+ stock and it will come. Good luck!

Great advice. We've pretty much all been there but like has been said, stick with it and it will one day be second nature.

Tim

This helped Hugo:

...at least to a little degree. :)

My 8":

My 9": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz8rKsDF_Jo...re=channel_page ...I think this is my max flex at the mo! :laugh

I am all over it! Thanks for the help and suggestions. I have been doing alot of reverse grip benches to keep my strength but laying off the shoulder strain. I get in pretty good weight 300lbs for reps no freak show stuff but a nice base for Bending and grappling. Does anybody digg the exercise for bending ?

I am all over it! Thanks for the help and suggestions. I have been doing alot of reverse grip benches to keep my strength but laying off the shoulder strain. I get in pretty good weight 300lbs for reps no freak show stuff but a nice base for Bending and grappling. Does anybody digg the exercise for bending ?