St Croix Forge No.2 Bend

Rocketman248

For starters that was nice work! With some technique work you'll take down bigger shoes in short order.

When you start the bend, try to have the shoe a tad further back on your hip, almost behind the quadriceps. What you want to do is brace one whole side of the shoe on your thigh so that when you drive into the other leg it wont spin around on you. This also allows you to lean forward a bit more and really torque your body into the bend instead of trying to use all oblique and tricep power. Check out some of my vids for where I put the shoe: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Malach...amp;view=videos Notice that my whole body turns into the first hit.

Also, the more padding you have, the harder a shoe bend is. So you want to get rid of the padding as fast as possible. It does hurt more, but once your leg gets used to it, it's no problem. You will have bruises from bigger shoes until you start to bend them regularly.

Other than those little tidbits, shoe bending is very feel-oriented I think. Its about you getting comfortable in the positions that work you and your body type. Good luck!!!

Nice shoe bending and congrats on the number 2 shoe.

Listen to Zach.

Hes probably the best shoe bender on here and only behind Pat anda couple of others in the world.

That looks just like one of the two shoes I got in my advanced bender's bag from FBBC (I haven't attempted to bend them yet). You looked pretty good to me...the shoe got bent. I'm sure there's a lot of technique involved like Zach was pointing out but you seem to have a good start on it. :rock

Nice bend!

Zach summed it up pretty good. Another thing though is that I find that it helps alot wearing jeans while bending horseshoes. Makes it more stable and it wont wobble around so much during the final crush down on it

I will say only: listen to Zach