I Really Killed A 1/4" X 7" Stainless Square

jpmmkrahling

This was my first attempt with the 1/4" x 7" stainless square. I have never bent a stainless square before so i do not have anything to compare it to, but when i tried to crush it, it snapped in half. I can only assume that it is a brittle batch of stainless. I just got it from FBBC about a week ago. Has anyone else had this happen with this batch? It was just a good feeling to just destroy it, brittle or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pWLkP-jV9Q

That's the first I've heard of SS square snapping. :ohmy Good thing it happened on the crush. It's still a good bend...well under 2" between the ends. :laugh

Thanks David

Perry, your right, i'm glad happened on the crush too and i also that I did not get hurt when it snapped.

Nice bending Mike.

Be carefull bro you dont want one of those in the neck?

Must be a day for snapping i just snapped my head harness.

Nice bending Mike.

If we wanted to be careful, we would not be bending steel. But thank you for the advise. I just do not want to worry about something like getting stabbed in the neck deter me from bending harder stuff. Like you always say, this is a mind game and i need to keep thoughts of caution out of my mind if i am going to get better :mosher

snapped head harness, wow. That must have ben some seroius weight, is everything okay?

Nice bending Mike.

If we wanted to be careful, we would not be bending steel. But thank you for the advise. I just do not want to worry about something like getting stabbed in the neck deter me from bending harder stuff. Like you always say, this is a mind game and i need to keep thoughts of caution out of my mind if i am going to get better :mosher

snapped head harness, wow. That must have ben some seroius weight, is everything okay?

I was gonna do a bend with the head harness on with my anvil attached plus weight in mouth i picks up the head harness with the anvil and was just getting the weight in the teeth into position and the harness snapped scared the shit outa me :D good job the feet were wide to accomodate the anvil otherwise ouch felt my neck wip abit when the harness went but am ok just need a new stronger harness now.

Stainless square snapping? :blink Crazy.

Nice bending Mike.

I was gonna do a bend with the head harness on with my anvil attached plus weight in mouth i picks up the head harness with the anvil and was just getting the weight in the teeth into position and the harness snapped scared the shit outa me :D good job the feet were wide to accomodate the anvil otherwise ouch felt my neck wip abit when the harness went but am ok just need a new stronger harness now.

Quick feet are happy feet, just glad okay :rock

Stainless square snapping? :blink Crazy.

it is crazy, i'm really need to do another from the same batch to have something to compare it to. As much as i would like to think i am getting stronger, it is probably a brittle batch