Grand Shiny Race?

David_wigren

I think I might be down for a mag shiny race.

Mike, don't rush it. Some times it just takes some time. Little over a year ago I was in a mag race and took almost 6 months to finish it :blush

Caolan, now I know you ain't thinking of joining a mag shiny race... you need to look up a IM blue nail race ;)

Thanks for the idea but I've already bent the blue nail. did it just now, took me about 4 minutes in triple wraps :D. Haha just sandbagging, When my mags get here this race is over! You should just forfeit already cause you have no chance. Step aside David, its time to let the big boys play :tongue

Edited by cberg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David_wigren

• easyWeight

• jpmmkrahling

• cberg

Just a quick update on my progress on the mag shiny so far. It's a hard peice for sure and will take a few months at least before I can get it in one go, if I ever manage to.

Hopefully this will be a kick in the butt to start the up competition again and perhaps motivate a few to join the grand/mag shiny race

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8907

Took me a good 30 minutes or so to get it this far. Took it to just short of 90 degrees pretty much in one go but then I had to earn every millimeter, just rewrapping it and hitting it, rewrapping and hitting until it didn't want to move anymore

Just a quick update on my progress on the mag shiny so far. It's a hard peice for sure and will take a few months at least before I can get it in one go, if I ever manage to.

Hopefully this will be a kick in the butt to start the up competition again and perhaps motivate a few to join the grand/mag shiny race

Took me a good 30 minutes or so to get it this far. Took it to just short of 90 degrees pretty much in one go but then I had to earn every millimeter, just rewrapping it and hitting it, rewrapping and hitting until it didn't want to move anymore

Nice work David! I'm out of SS. Caolan bent my last piece :blink Haha, it's all good though. I have some on order. I just have no idea when it will show up.

That's an incredible bend David :rock Did you manage that in IMP????

Darin, how are you bendingwise now? You've mentioned some troubles. Hope that you're strong again

Yep it was with imps. But I doubt I would have gotten it further than this with doubles. It would just have made the kink a heck of a lot easier, but I would be stopped at this point anyway

Darin, how are you bendingwise now? You've mentioned some troubles. Hope that you're strong again

Yep it was with imps. But I doubt I would have gotten it further than this with doubles. It would just have made the kink a heck of a lot easier, but I would be stopped at this point anyway

That's really impressive work David!!! I am sure you will beat down the mag just as you did the grand! Great progress! :rock

Thanks guys. I've actually got the initial attempt of the mag shiny on video. I've put it in my latest video on youtube.

There's a bunch of other stuff before it gets to the attempt. Poorly documented but it was a failed attempt so it doesn't matter

I'm doing OK David, thanks for asking :D I've been taking a bit of a break to let my hands heal up; I strained some ligaments and then my shoulder, but they're all better now. I haven't bent anything in a couple weeks, but think I'll get after it on Friday. I'm leaving town tomorrow for a few weeks so I won't be here when my new stuff arrives unfortunately. Should give me some good time to work on all the locally purchased 5/16 CRS I've rarely touched heh.

Edited by easyWeight