Grand Shiny Race?

David_wigren

Not many open races here now days. I propose a grand shiny bend. I know that there are many close to that now and training for it (wow the bending standard have really leaped forward)

My plan is to take it down with IMP's but I might turn over to the dark side and use doubles to take it down.

Anyone who wants to jump into the race will be apritiated.

The general idea will be to shoot for the grand shiny. But if you are not quite there or if you are way past that level. Just put any bend you wanna race for, or challange anyone specific if you know that the person is around your level and agrees to race you.

Lets jump start the bending forum and kick the standards up just a little more

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David_wigren

• easyWeight

• jpmmkrahling

• cberg

I'm in David! :rock It'll be a tough bend, but I'm not scared of such puny steel!! Hehe, good luck!

Edited by easyWeight

I am definitely in! No imps for me though :D. Gonna give it a try for sure tomorrow and see what happens

I'm in David! :rock It'll be a tough bend, but I'm not scared of such puny steel!! Hehe, good luck!

Sweet Darin. I was hoping for you to be one of the guys up to it

I am definitely in! No imps for me though :D. Gonna give it a try for sure tomorrow and see what happens

Nice. But we do have one problem though. The rules say that you can't show up and dominate the race and end it in 1 day :laugh

Just kidding ofcourse. Hope you murder that thing. I think I'll get after it tomorrow myself. But I have to get the huge first. We'll se how much steem I have after that

Nice. But we do have one problem though. The rules say that you can't show up and dominate the race and end it in 1 day :laugh

Just kidding ofcourse. Hope you murder that thing. I think I'll get after it tomorrow myself. But I have to get the huge first. We'll se how much steem I have after that

Seeing as I've only gotten the huge to 2'' on the dot, I think the grand's safe for a little while anyway. It's YOU we should all be worried about ;). Didnt you bend a grand a while back

Seeing as I've only gotten the huge to 2'' on the dot, I think the grand's safe for a little while anyway. It's YOU we should all be worried about ;). Didnt you bend a grand a while back

:fear

I have bent the grand in imps when I was in my "prime" But it was over the course of many workouts. Never bent it fully under 5 minutes with any wraps. I feel confident though that with some hard focus that I can perhaps take it down.

Wether I'm to be worried about. I have a habit of losing every challange I throw myself into. But this time it will be different. I'm doing light isos as I typ to prepare myself for tomorrow

Oh jeez, you guys are going to start tomorrow? Haha, I actually just took a shot at one, and failed epically (and on a Red in IMPs!)! Stupid choice to even bend tonight though after the long and grueling strongman event training day I had yesterday lol. Honestly, I probably shouldn't be bending until after my competition in two weeks. But if for some reason no one gets it tomorrow, I'll try again later in the week after I've rested :) Good luck to both you guys tomorrow!

Edited by easyWeight

I'll be in but I wont be bending for awhile. It seems to have taken a back seat to my sledge levering and grippers lately.

I failed aswell :( But at least I got a huge shiny in imps(will upload video of that tomorrow). PR for me since I have never gotten one within 5 minutes with ironmind pads.

I think this race will go on for a little while, at least for me. I kept at the grand shiny for almost 2 hours, resting alot and rewrapped many times and got it down to 2 7/8". I think that I could have taken it down to 2" but my hands where mush at this point.

The race is still on!

nice job on the huge shiny David :rock.

I had a case of David Wigrenitis during my grand shiny attempt today :laugh. Got it to 2 7/8'' as well. Took about 15 seconds to get it there and then I realized it was a full inch off center making the crushdown impossible, for me anyway. So I just stopped there. If I coulda just bent the damn thing on center it probly wouldve went down.

The race is still on haha!

BIG CONGRATS to Both of u guys!

David, i believe it wont be a prob if u were using fat pads ... 2 hours ... i see the "eye of the tiger inside u"!waw :rock

Caolan, off-center and everything ... impressive at least!

well done!!!

Indeed, great job on the Huge David! and on the Grand guys! I'm thinking I'll take my second attempt tomorrow, hehe. Hopefully I'll get it at least kinked this time :blush

A GRAND Shiny is a very IMPRESSIVE bend in anyones books good luck 2 those after it and congrats David and Caolan NICE!

I might enter this race if you all will allow me i will go for a Grand Shiny barehanded probably start a mix of reverse and du styles to 40-60degrees then see if i can finish it under 2inches.

A GRAND Shiny is a very IMPRESSIVE bend in anyones books good luck 2 those after it and congrats David and Caolan NICE!

I might enter this race if you all will allow me i will go for a Grand Shiny barehanded probably start a mix of reverse and du styles to 40-60degrees then see if i can finish it under 2inches.

Gazza if you can take down a grand shiny barehanded you can use whatever style you prefer! Have you medled much with short stuff like 5.5" barehanded? I tried a 5" 1/4 G2 and couldn't figure it out even after bending a 6" without to much effort.

If you can do it YOU HAVE TO JOIN THE RACE!!!

I'd allow 40 degrees as a finished bend. If you can take it down to 2" then that would just make it that much better. But 40 degrees is all it takes and you win it!

nice job on the huge shiny David :rock.

I had a case of David Wigrenitis during my grand shiny attempt today :laugh. Got it to 2 7/8'' as well. Took about 15 seconds to get it there and then I realized it was a full inch off center making the crushdown impossible, for me anyway. So I just stopped there. If I coulda just bent the damn thing on center it probly wouldve went down.

The race is still on haha!

Don't worry about that. Its like a flu, it will take you down temporarly, but it will pass fast.

BTW 15 seconds?! 1" offcenter?... you are not in this race anymore. I vote you out ;)

Good luck with your next attempt Darin. Just lay into it. You are well strong enough for it

Edited by David_wigren

Gazza if you can take down a grand shiny barehanded you can use whatever style you prefer! Have you medled much with short stuff like 5.5" barehanded? I tried a 5" 1/4 G2 and couldn't figure it out even after bending a 6" without to much effort.

I'd allow 40 degrees as a finished bend. If you can take it down to 2" then that would just make it that much better. But 40 degrees is all it takes and you win it!

David

Ive done a huge shiny barehanded in the past at one of the times i was feeling nuts so just have to go there again :D

In all honesty i can probably kink it im much stronger now altho i need to get the crazyness back also that helps with the pain and it will be painfull :blush

The challenge to me will be getting it under the 2inch mark.

Did i say i like pain :blink

Like most people on here we all have the strength its wether the MIND will allow us to go there?

David

Ive done a huge shiny barehanded in the past at one of the times i was feeling nuts so just have to go there again :D

In all honesty i can probably kink it im much stronger now altho i need to get the crazyness back also that helps with the pain and it will be painfull :blush

The challenge to me will be getting it under the 2inch mark.

Did i say i like pain :blink

Like most people on here we all have the strength its wether the MIND will allow us to go there?

Haha I trust that you do like pain. You almost have to like it to go as far with it as you have. I don't mind pain, I'm just not strong enough yet to be able to inflict that much pain to my self.

If you need to get crazy how about going out to the field or Thor's rock (name?) again during hour when you can go mad with it without having nonbender pedestrians walking dogs call cops on you.

I wish you the best of luck with this bend. And I hope you find that motivation and crazyness to kill it.

Good luck on it Darin. I have no doubt that you can finish it once you get it kinked.

haha Dave, I wish I could trade some kink and sweep strength for crushdown power. On a good day it'll take me at least 5 mins to get it from 2.5 down to 2 inches...

Welcome to the race Gazza! I also can't even fathom bending something so short and tough barehanded. Best of luck to ya

Well, today was round two. I got a fresh one to 90deg pretty quick but now I'm stuck :angry: I took a 10-15 minute break and hit again, but it's not moving. I'll keep hitting it for a bit though, maybe I can get it to move a bit more eventually.

Edited by easyWeight

Come on GUYS if little old me can hurt a Grand Shiny barehanded :tongue i wanna see some of you guys killing it in wraps.

Like David says at the beginning of this topic lets kick start the bending levels up a notch and aim for the MAG and above.

If you all think that piss poor attempt i had earlier 2day has put me off :cry think again im in work later doing 11.00pm till 7.00am night shift then its home to attack another Grand Shiny even tho my hands are hurtin my MIND wants it so bad?

2morrow morning we shall see who wins the MIND battle!

well I just checked and I am all out of stainless so I guess ill have to wait till Motown Gripdown next month to try again.

I love the mindset Gazza! keep at it guys!

Well this morning i mean yesterday morning i attempted the grand shiny barehanded again got it going reverse a touch more than the day before and then spend 15mins getting it to just pat 90degrees so i was abit bumed sop as punishment i decided to make myself pay for the failure with further pain not a Grand Shiny but a half decent bend barehanded none the less?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUQQgFI7-wo