Slew My First Grade 8 Bolt, 2 Red Nails And A Sqare Stock... All In Th

Jaz

So i recently got some new wraps from FBBC. I tried them out for the first time last night.

Ok so a jump back here, at this point i hadn't bent a grade 5 bolt in probably 6 months or so (my current pr), probably longer. I also havent consistently worked out in a couple months.

So you can see how surprised i was when i double wrapped some grade 5's and slew them both with ease. Then thought id fail on a grade 8 bolt which to that date id only ever been able to kink VERY slightly. I destroyed that one too. So i thought id have a go at the infamous red nail, not expecting to do much to it. To my huge surprise and delight it went down seemingly as easily as the grade 8 bolt.

So at this point im having trouble believing all this is happening (too bad i just turned 20! not a teen anymore) and decide to call it quits. As you all know lol when your on a streak like this you have to keep going. So i tried to bend the HUGE bar that comes with the FBBC advanced benders bag, there is only one of those. I failed to even kink it (ill have to try again later) so i tried another one of my IM red nails and again took it down. Lastly i tried a piece of 7" square stock that i had never been able to bend before, this went easier then the red nails... All in all i had a great night and definately surprised myself.

Im kind of dissapointed with the ease that they went down with thicker wraps, i feel like ANYONE at the gym who can bench like 190lb could have done the same thing (i did DO) am i right in thinking this?

Great Job! PR's are the best days ever ask anyone.

That last line made me laugh!

Im kind of dissapointed with the ease that they went down with thicker wraps, i feel like ANYONE at the gym who can bench like 190lb could have done the same thing (i did DO) am i right in thinking this?

Perhaps, but so what? That should only mean that you have to raise the bar for what an impressive bend is, right? So a red in fatpads are "promising" rather than "elite". You know it and everyone else knows it, so what's the problem?

awesome work "jaz"! :bow

nope! bench press numbers doesnt have anything to do with bending steel(big benchers may have an edge in the crush , but thats all)! < <

most of the top benchers i know, cant put properly one 7" bar under their chin area.

u may be one "natural bender" and probably u become stronger (mentaly)during the last 6 months or so;fbbc wraps helped u of course but now u are ready to show to the world whats inside u ... :-) :rock

Great bending session! :rock Yeah, any moderately strong guy at the gym might be able to do the same with some technique coaching. If it bothers you try to replicate those bends in IM wraps. On the other hand, I'd say your results speak good things about the FBBC wraps...they helped you achieve things you didn't think you were capable of at the moment.

You said you tried the HUGE bar from the bender's bag...that would be the KOAB and it shouldn't come as a surprise that it didn't move. :blink Why didn't you try the regular bastard first?

I think he means Huge Bastard...

I think he means Huge Bastard...

His description makes me believe it's the KOAB...there is only one of those in the advanced bag. Though, not making a dent on a huge bastard wouldn't surprise me either.

So i tried to bend the HUGE bar that comes with the FBBC advanced benders bag, there is only one of those.

Nice bends all around!

If that is the KOAB, I can't make a dent in it either :tongue

I agree with Hugo. Your bench press isn't necessarily highly correlated with your ability to bend steel. I bench considerably more than that and I couldn't bend a Red when I first started. Fat wraps certainly make bigger bends more attainable, but I think you'll be surprised how much harder it gets once you start bending harder FBBC stock, even in fat wraps. Also as Perry said, if you're bothered by it try bending them in IM wraps :) You're off to a good start though. Keep it up and you'll be killing big steel in no time!