Reverse Benders

Mark

I have been taking shots at the nails I do have left once a week reverse bend style. I just dont feel right using DO. Is this going to be a disadvantage for me. The only other bend I like is mixed grip.

I guess it depends - doing nothing but reverse will certainly not improve your DO etc. Reverse will strengthen your wrists and help with your sledge levering. And reverse seems to be popular in competitions. Plus it's the only bending I can do also.

I'd suggest doing all styles - it will help your wrist strengthen in all directions and will be good in the long run. That is, if you don't have any injuries preventing. Take it easy with the styles you're not comfortable with and ease into them slowly.

Mark: i had the same prob about Do bend ... u need to be more flexible in order to put the bar high (under your chin area).

once u learn it u will bend BIG steel!

i didnt like reverse in the beggining (i was terrible at it) but suddently after watching a couple of videos from Booyah i understand how to do it!

Edited by ewokhugo

• 4 weeks later...

Funny part now I have the flexability to do this. Yet I still suck at it. I can easily do blue nails reverse but cant even budge it DO. I also thought I was a stronger DU bender than reverse now my double underhand is weaker than my DO and reverse.

I have been taking shots at the nails I do have left once a week reverse bend style. I just dont feel right using DO. Is this going to be a disadvantage for me. The only other bend I like is mixed grip.

I do not know what you mean when you say "disadvantage for me"

If you bend steel, you will be stronger. Any style of bending will make you stronger. Some styles are better suited for superior leverage or offer stronger movement patterns, but at the end of the day--bending makes you stronger.

There are plenty of people who bend reverse as their primary style for a variety of reasons--it makes them better for doing so.

:rock Hi Mark, I too started this way. Keep with doing all styles and they will keep on improving. I have confidence your DO will eventually pass your other styles. When I started DO, I was pathetic at it, and had to kink the stock Reverse a bit and finish it DO style. When it got too difficult to Reverse Kink, and I had a young Buck, Nailzilla, on my butt, the DO took off. I had a lot of confidence in the Morphing into DO bending as The Nail Man (Eric Milfeld) said he sort of Morphed into the DO style. :D Believe in yourself, recover, and it will happen :rock

Whats wrong in my reverse training, because after training my front arm elbow, tricep and shoulder are very sore? Most of the pains disapear in 1-2hours. What muscles are weak?

Whats wrong in my reverse training, because after training my front arm elbow, tricep and shoulder are very sore? Most of the pains disapear in 1-2hours. What muscles are weak?

Well, I've noticed two things:

1. Reverse bending, when I started it, gave me most soreness/pain in the muscles than anything else I've ever done. That was forearms mostly, though.

2. I need to warm up my shoulders very well before any serious reverse attempts. A lot of force needs to be generated by the muscles secondary to the actual bending muscles to keep your arms in place.

I don't know how much this will help you, but I'd just say that give it time. Don't train full force all time, do easier tecnique focused bends when you have those pains.