Card Tearing And Rebar Bending

David_wigren

Had a very good session tonight. Got some movement on some pretty big shoes. I'm still making good progress on the shoes, it's just a pretty big step to the next shoe in line.

But that's not what this video is about. There's mostly card tearing, tearing a deck of paper cards longways, plastic coated cards pretty fast for me and a deck of 100 paper cards. I shedded some cards of the 100 pile. But it's still a good PR for me.

Finished with a 16 mm x 53.5" rebar. First time I've tried doing anything close to this long.

Heads up toward the end. I use a bit of foul language to express my feelings on the springyness off the rebar

Good tearing David!

100 cards? WOW!

Mighty Joe

Wow Dave, you held the ends together and it still wouldnt move :blink . Springy stuff that is :mosher . Great job on the cards too :rock

Thank you Josh. I actually cut one to 30" first, but when I couldn't move that peice I just went for the rest of the bar that was left. Springy to say the least. I don't have any experience with long bar bending like this, but I would like to think that this peice was hard.

Good tearing David!

100 cards? WOW!

Mighty Joe

Thank you Joe! It's all about progress and putting your best efforts in every time and slowly reap the rewards, one card at a time

dang youre startin to get real good at tearing. I laughed when you were trying to crush down the rebar, springy is an understatement! You looked pretty comfortable for first time with the long stuff. Lookin forward to more vids like this from you :rock

Great stuff David! :rock The 100 cards looked brutal...I bet your fingers are sore from that. My ring finger is still sore from doing 80 cards a week ago. I didn't know rebar was so springy. When you went for the final crush down between the legs I thought it was done - then it popped right back. :blink

Aweseome tearing! I don't know much about Rebar, but that stuff looked crazy :blink I think someone said there are a coupe of different grades of rebar, and one is much springier than the other.

Edited by The Writer

dang youre startin to get real good at tearing. I laughed when you were trying to crush down the rebar, springy is an understatement! You looked pretty comfortable for first time with the long stuff. Lookin forward to more vids like this from you :rock

Thanks Caolan. I thought it was pretty comical too. This was my first time with anything close to this length, I'm good with techniqe's though. I was surprised to feel that the 2 arm pulling down against the hip would feel so effective as it did. That part was actually easy considering how it felt otherwise.

Great stuff David! The 100 cards looked brutal...I bet your fingers are sore from that. My ring finger is still sore from doing 80 cards a week ago. I didn't know rebar was so springy. When you went for the final crush down between the legs I thought it was done - then it popped right back.

Thank you Perry. Yeah I'm a little sore from it. Left pinkie and the skin on the base of the left thumb is feeling it. Cards hurt like crap when you go all out on them. But it makes you stronger

Aweseome tearing! I don't know much about Rebar, but that stuff looked crazy I think someone said there are a coupe of different grades of rebar, and one is much springier than the other.

Thank you Matt. There are different grades of rebar. I should hope to think that the springier is the harder kind. It probably is. But still in terms of strength rebar should be all over the place. There's just no way to know how hard or easy it's gonna be.

:bow :bow You're sick man, in a really good and strong way!!!

:rock

Thank you Luuc. You're barehanded stuff is pretty sick aswell

Wow, great stuff

Thank you

100 Cards? That's ridiculous! Awesome stuff as usual man!

Way to fight that rebar man! Serious card tearing too, I can't comment much on that though because I am still terrible at it and the difficulty of a full plastic deck may as well be a koab to me right now.

The long bar though, were there any markings on it at all? I don't know if there are differences in metric standards but there are 2 major divisions in rebar over here, 40 and 60, which stands for minimum kpsi yield strength. If you have the same standards I would put money down that you have some 60 or better there. That is right around if not a bit above 1018 crs. 16mm is a bit above 5/8" and the 5/8" crs bar I crossed at 4" was harder than 3/4" hrs. So I would say that bend you did was easily harder than 3/4" hrs of the same length.

I have messed with 5/8" grade 60 and the spring is nutso, if you thought that U was springy, try putting it into a full coil! I had a long length, I'm not sure how long exactly, it was some scrap I grabbed from a guy's truck he was bringing to recycle. It was marked grade 60 though, and holy crap. This is a picture I had my girlfriend take to show the spring, this bar comes all the way back to a parallel coil when I let off of it. Pardon my shirtlessness and pajama pants, it was an impromptu thing.

springy rebar

As for technique the hip pulldown works good. But if you can't get enough out of that to bring you into crushdown range, try pulling under your leg like you were, but switching the angle on it. Like you had the part under you right leg up by your ass and the one over your left leg down by your knee. Try putting the bend under your right hamstring down by your knee and locking the other end over the top of your left thigh up by your hip. Then you can pull across with both arms.

From there I've found switching to the crush you used, but still keeping it under your ass like you had it on the first pull works awesome. You seem to get allot more brace and abdominal strength into twisting it around and down and across. I really only need that for crazy hard stuff to bring it into crush range when I'm real close but can't get any more from pulling down on the hip or under my hamstring by my knee.

Awesome work though man, and keep at the long stuff, I love seeing more people doing it.

i loved the video David! very fun to watch and hardcore! i like the final words... !!! good stuff u are getting REALLY good with cards!fats progress! congrats!!!

Thanks Darin Pawel and Hugo (I apeared to have had a rush of animal power in me during that rebar bend)

Way to fight that rebar man! Serious card tearing too, I can't comment much on that though because I am still terrible at it and the difficulty of a full plastic deck may as well be a koab to me right now.

The long bar though, were there any markings on it at all? I don't know if there are differences in metric standards but there are 2 major divisions in rebar over here, 40 and 60, which stands for minimum kpsi yield strength. If you have the same standards I would put money down that you have some 60 or better there. That is right around if not a bit above 1018 crs. 16mm is a bit above 5/8" and the 5/8" crs bar I crossed at 4" was harder than 3/4" hrs. So I would say that bend you did was easily harder than 3/4" hrs of the same length.

I have messed with 5/8" grade 60 and the spring is nutso, if you thought that U was springy, try putting it into a full coil! I had a long length, I'm not sure how long exactly, it was some scrap I grabbed from a guy's truck he was bringing to recycle. It was marked grade 60 though, and holy crap. This is a picture I had my girlfriend take to show the spring, this bar comes all the way back to a parallel coil when I let off of it. Pardon my shirtlessness and pajama pants, it was an impromptu thing.

springy rebar

As for technique the hip pulldown works good. But if you can't get enough out of that to bring you into crushdown range, try pulling under your leg like you were, but switching the angle on it. Like you had the part under you right leg up by your ass and the one over your left leg down by your knee. Try putting the bend under your right hamstring down by your knee and locking the other end over the top of your left thigh up by your hip. Then you can pull across with both arms.

From there I've found switching to the crush you used, but still keeping it under your ass like you had it on the first pull works awesome. You seem to get allot more brace and abdominal strength into twisting it around and down and across. I really only need that for crazy hard stuff to bring it into crush range when I'm real close but can't get any more from pulling down on the hip or under my hamstring by my knee.

Awesome work though man, and keep at the long stuff, I love seeing more people doing it.

Thanks Tim for taking the time to put such a thorough post.

The bar came with no markings what so ever. I hope and after you explanation I also suspect that it is grade 60 or similar.

Sounds like an interesting techniqe and I will try to use it if I can't get the bar far enough to get the bar under the armpit crush down on hip techniqe. It was abit akward during that part of the bend but I managed to power though it. Might not be the case for a harder bend and I think your techniqe will help.

Grade 60 is down right dangerous. I had a 4 foot piece and put one end up on the bed of my truck and the other on the ground and jumped up and down on the middle and it didn't bend! It was #5 or roughly 5/8 inch. I did bend it but it was tougher than 3/4 hrs and also a bigger pain in the butt to bend.

Bad thing is, it was sold to me as grade 40 and I was going to try and duplicate Slim's across the nose bend and I pulled this stinkin bar down with all I had and it sprung back and felt like it was going to pull my nose and head off.

Tim