A Shiny

gazza

I've seen a lots of amazing feats, but this is one I'll never forget.

That's damn cool, right there! I tried that I'd probably spit out all my molars after. And not even begin to kink that thing.

What's the big weight with the ring on top? Looks like a wrecking ball but a cylinder?

Wow! All I can say.

I've bent a 40d in my teeth and crap that hurt. I can't immagine this.

Tim

Gazza this is insane. I just did a simple timber tie and I thought my jaw was gonna rip off. My jaw muscles ache like I have been chewing through leather all day long. I will be very happy when I can even do a 60d. I already know even a 1/4" g2 will seriously freak out normal people.

My question is how long have you been working this bending style to get to a shiny? Did you start off with smaller stuff and how long ago? I remember your 1/2" stainless braced bend you started in your teeth, but that is a much different feel pulling straight down than torquing a short bar around.

The wrist and arm power I understand (sort of), but how the hell are your jaw and neck muscles so strong? I think most people understand the tooth and pain tolerance idea of this, but the muscular strength in your head has to be enormous to anchor that as well.

I just finished watching all the new videos of the different stlyes of shiny bends and WOW!!....Some of the most amazing bending I've seen. Im new to it and seeing stuff like this really inspires me. I even sent the videos to my dad and brother who really know nothing about bending but can still appreciate the power and mental toughness that goes in to doing something like this. Thanks for the inpiration Gazza!!

That's damn cool, right there! I tried that I'd probably spit out all my molars after. And not even begin to kink that thing.

What's the big weight with the ring on top? Looks like a wrecking ball but a cylinder?

:D Even after all these yrs mate you still have the ability to shock wow and inspire all...top bending bro although its something i think i will not be trying!! :bow

:D John ur right it is a wrecking ball think in weighs around 800lb!

:bow:bow:bow

I remember this one from some time ago. But I think you used leather that time, not to sure about that though. Also seemed to go alot faster this time.

I tried a white nail in this fashion about a year and a half ago. And I thought that was hard enough. But doing a shiny, that's freaky

John

It is a demolition ball these were the ones before they started useing the round type so its quite old.

Its got 7 cwt stamped on the top i think a cwt is 126lbs so thats times 7 minus the rust etc a fair bit of weight.

:bow:bow:bow

I remember this one from some time ago. But I think you used leather that time, not to sure about that though. Also seemed to go alot faster this time.

I tried a white nail in this fashion about a year and a half ago. And I thought that was hard enough. But doing a shiny, that's freaky

Ye David its no biggy ive done it before and you are right that was with leather also this time was abit quicker altho i felt weaker this time but i am carrying a couple of injuries but i dont let that put me off.

I just finished watching all the new videos of the different stlyes of shiny bends and WOW!!....Some of the most amazing bending I've seen. Im new to it and seeing stuff like this really inspires me. I even sent the videos to my dad and brother who really know nothing about bending but can still appreciate the power and mental toughness that goes in to doing something like this. Thanks for the inpiration Gazza!!

Thankyou

I am glad that i inspire you to bend that makes it worth doing its 2009 now set yourself a goal pick just one of the bends i do and apply yourself.

Learn to use your mind and channel the aggression and always push a little past your comfort/pain zone and bend in all styles as much steel and as often as your body will allow and then some and by say 2015 you will be doing all this.

It takes a few years to condition the hands and wrists and a further few years to condition the mind then your there?

Gazza, I used this for mental preparation and inspiration for lifting stones and bending a Red yesterday. Truly a testimony for the power of the mind and squashing fear.

Gazza this is insane. I just did a simple timber tie and I thought my jaw was gonna rip off. My jaw muscles ache like I have been chewing through leather all day long. I will be very happy when I can even do a 60d. I already know even a 1/4" g2 will seriously freak out normal people.

My question is how long have you been working this bending style to get to a shiny? Did you start off with smaller stuff and how long ago? I remember your 1/2" stainless braced bend you started in your teeth, but that is a much different feel pulling straight down than torquing a short bar around. Probably about 4 1/2 yrs now.

The wrist and arm power I understand (sort of), but how the hell are your jaw and neck muscles so strong? I think most people understand the tooth and pain tolerance idea of this, but the muscular strength in your head has to be enormous to anchor that as well.

I have a devise i use to train on from time to time were it lets me use isos for the kneck and jaw this helps but iot doesnt stop you loosing teeth :D

Ive been carrying an injury to my middle upper back/trap area for a few mths now which limits me abit on the head and kneck movement so im just easing into it for now dont want to pull a neck muscle they are a sod to reabiltate.

Gazza, Mate; we REALLY need to talk!

I am all ears.