Bended Im Blue Today

Johnsson

Today I ordered some bars:

Round bar 8mm x1,5m 5 pieces, CRS.

Square bar 6mm and 8mm x1,5m 2 pieces of each, HRS (blazed).

Maybe with these I reach the red nail band?

I think 8mm CRS and 8mm square HRS should be harder than red. If you are trying find something easier than red then you should try to find 6mm hex head bolts, which have "8.8" printed on the head. I think those are pretty similar to grade 5 bolts and should be cheap. Also 8mm round HRS would be good.

Did you order these from some Finnish website? I have been trying to find places to order steel from Finland, but havent found any.

Yes I did. I ordered these bars from here: http://www.slojd-detaljer.com/PSLWeb/deptl...aspx?deptid=105

They will send these from Sweden.

Here is few more websites:

http://www.terasrenki.com/component/page,s...mart/Itemid,26/

http://www.riiho.com/fin/index.php

Thanks for the links. I have actually found two of these already(slojd-detaljer and terasrenki), but it was cheaper to order from FBBC even with taxes and other expenses. There is so much better selection at FBBC and you dont need to spend any time cutting and filing pieces. And if I remember correctly, twice my package has came trough without any taxes. You definately should contact John. Im sure he will find some solution.

You can find 8mm round HRS at your local hardware store. Cant remember prices but i think i got HRS less than 2€/m. And the store I got mine is definately not the cheapest one. Those 8.8 bolts are hard to find, atleast ones that are long enough but if you can find them those should be less than 0.3€ per piece.

How much was shipping to Finland? Is "Rautia" selling those 8.8 bolts?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Johnsson

• Tappi

• ewokhugo

• matthcarl

From FBBC? Not sure, but something like 37$ or 39$.

Those 8.8 bolts pretty much basic bolts and every hardware store has those. Only thing is that its hard to find ones that are long enough. All i have found are 80mm long but there are no "bigger" hardware stores near me. Im not 100% sure that those are same as grade 5 bolts but those should be around same strenght.

From FBBC? Not sure, but something like 37$ or 39$.

Those 8.8 bolts pretty much basic bolts and every hardware store has those. Only thing is that its hard to find ones that are long enough. All i have found are 80mm long but there are no "bigger" hardware stores near me. Im not 100% sure that those are same as grade 5 bolts but those should be around same strenght.

I found few days ago those 8.8 bolts in 130mm lenght from finnish website. There is also 8mmx200mm 8.8 bolts. www.ruuvi.net . In sale area, there is very cheap bolts, but you have to by many peaces of them.

I was lucky enough to get a couple of 8mm 8.8 bolts to try...they are very fun to bend, but much harder than a bastard if you're working on that.

matt, i think u are talking about the "european edgin" , unfortunally cant find it in my country.

henrik, thanks for your comment! gazza is unique because he's not human. he doesnt bend steel , he challenge the human mind.

matt, i think u are talking about the "european edgin" , unfortunally cant find it in my country.

Yes...they came from Switzerland. They were 7.5" (18cm) with the threads cut off, so maybe they were the 200mm version to begin with. I think these are a little easier than the triangle 5/16" Grade 5 Edgin, though.

henrik, thanks for your comment! gazza is unique because he's not human. he doesnt bend steel , he challenge the human mind.

I agree partly...nevertheless I have said it before and I will say it again, it's absurd that so few of the benders today doesn't bend/train the way the best bender in the world does.

I found few days ago those 8.8 bolts in 130mm lenght from finnish website. There is also 8mmx200mm 8.8 bolts. www.ruuvi.net . In sale area, there is very cheap bolts, but you have to by many peaces of them.

I had seen that website few weeks ago but didnt find those bolts then. I ordered some of those 6mmx130mm bolts. Ill let you know how hard they are. Hopefully something like easy G5.

I was lucky enough to get a couple of 8mm 8.8 bolts to try...they are very fun to bend, but much harder than a bastard if you're working on that.

Yes, I bought few of those at 5" long thinking that those are something like G2. Most likely those are going to rust before I can even kink one of them.

I had seen that website few weeks ago but didnt find those bolts then. I ordered some of those 6mmx130mm bolts. Ill let you know how hard they are. Hopefully something like easy G5.

Yes, I bought few of those at 5" long thinking that those are something like G2. Most likely those are going to rust before I can even kink one of them.

Ok. If those 8.8 bolts are near to G5, I will order them too. Do you know what bolts in that site can be near G8?

Ok. If those 8.8 bolts are near to G5, I will order them too. Do you know what bolts in that site can be near G8?

I think I will get them next week and I try them as soon as possible.

10.9 is the next step up and then 12.9. But I have no idea how they are hardened and never heard any one bending those so they might break and not bend. Also those seem to be much more expensive.

Did you got those bolts? If so, how hard those was?

Just got them delivered to me. I bent one and it seemed to be at least close to easy G5 at same lenght. Maybe even similar, but it is hard to say because I havent bent those lately. Definately harder than 1/4"x5" CRS.

Just got them delivered to me. I bent one and it seemed to be at least close to easy G5 at same lenght. Maybe even similar, but it is hard to say because I havent bent those lately. Definately harder than 1/4"x5" CRS.

Ok. Thanks!!

Maybe I order those bolts after training for a couple month. I have bended a 5" IM Yellow little bit in this week, so those 8.8 are though for me.

Ok. Thanks!!

Maybe I order those bolts after training for a couple month. I have bended a 5" IM Yellow little bit in this week, so those 8.8 are though for me.

I did order other stuff from the same place but didnt try those until today. 6mmx100mm A4 "haponkestävä" bolt was easier tha I expected. Somewhat easier than 1/4" CRS at same lenght so 8mm bolt most likely is somewhere between blue nail and red nail although Im not sure. Only problem is the high price. Also bent few pieces of 5mm and 6mm "kiilateräs". I think in english it is same as key steel. Havent found much information about it, but somewhere read that it could be something that breaks when bent. I did test 5mm and bent it and straigtened it few times and it didnt break so it could be just normal CRS. 5mm was slightly easier than 1/4" round CRS. 6mm was propably slightly easier than FBBC 1/4" square CRS.

Ok. Thanks!!

I did order other stuff from the same place but didnt try those until today. 6mmx100mm A4 "haponkestävä" bolt was easier tha I expected. Somewhat easier than 1/4" CRS at same lenght so 8mm bolt most likely is somewhere between blue nail and red nail although Im not sure. Only problem is the high price. Also bent few pieces of 5mm and 6mm "kiilateräs". I think in english it is same as key steel. Havent found much information about it, but somewhere read that it could be something that breaks when bent. I did test 5mm and bent it and straigtened it few times and it didnt break so it could be just normal CRS. 5mm was slightly easier than 1/4" round CRS. 6mm was propably slightly easier than FBBC 1/4" square CRS.

I also found that "kiilateräs" from that website, but I didn't know is it strong or not. Now I know that those are good for bending. ;)

I got those steelbars which I ordered. 6mm square HRS (blazed) is easier than 5,5mm bright nails :blink. 8mm square didn't moved anywhere.

Tappi: BTW! Are you a member of a finnish gripforum?

I now ordered those "8.8" bolts. 40 pieces 6mm x 130mm and 10 pieces 8mm x 180mm. Hopefuly 6mm's are not too hard to bend.

They sell these 8.8 bolts in Switzerland as well. But the long ones (220mm) I actually found in Finland, some small local hardware store.

Johnson

Congrats on the Blue thats a nice bend to start off with.

Regarding the FBBC bags the beginners bag will only offer you a few pieces the advanced bag might be to expensive when you factor in taxes etc.

Why dont you just ask John to send you:=

2 x g5s

2 x g8s

2 x squares

2 x bastards

2 x shinys

etc

That way you get stuff that you can use as a stepping stone and also to compare with others on here plus to cert on.

Johnson

Regarding the FBBC bags the beginners bag will only offer you a few pieces the advanced bag might be to expensive when you factor in taxes etc.

2 x g5s

2 x g8s

2 x squares

2 x bastards

2 x shinys

etc

That way you get stuff that you can use as a stepping stone and also to compare with others on here plus to cert on.

Thanks gazza!! :)

I sended PM to John 2 days ago about sending stuff when price go over the tax limit, but he hasn't answered yet.

Johnson

2 x g5s

2 x g8s

2 x squares

2 x bastards

2 x shinys

etc

I sended PM to John 2 days ago about sending stuff when price go over the tax limit, but he hasn't answered yet.

Johnsson, make sure to double check regarding to the tax limit whether or not the shipping costs will be counted in. I ordered an Ivanko Supergripper back in the day and while the piece was just $20, the shipping put total over the tax/customs limit and I had to pay...

Johnson

2 x g5s

2 x g8s

2 x squares

2 x bastards

2 x shinys

etc

Johnsson, make sure to double check regarding to the tax limit whether or not the shipping costs will be counted in. I ordered an Ivanko Supergripper back in the day and while the piece was just $20, the shipping put total over the tax/customs limit and I had to pay...

Shipping is counted to tax limit.

Johnson

2 x g5s

2 x g8s

2 x squares

2 x bastards

2 x shinys

etc

Well lets just say it this way. When there is value and contents printed on the package and amount is under the customs limit then package is usually sent directly to you and they wont even ask you anything.

Johnson

2 x g5s

2 x g8s

2 x squares

2 x bastards

2 x shinys

etc

Well lets just say it this way. When there is value and contents printed on the package and amount is under the customs limit then package is usually sent directly to you and they wont even ask you anything.

So if price is 100$, which is over the tax limits, and stuff is on the 2 boxes. Both 50$. Is it reading in box only 50$ and I get those or will they see total price in toll?