• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Johnsson

• Tappi

• ewokhugo

• matthcarl

Thanks very much!

I hadn't pain in my fingers in bending today, because I was using thicker pads. In last bendings when I was still using thinner pads, I had pain in fingers.

Does FBBC beginners bending kit include those "Bastard" and etc. bars? There reads only measurements.

Hi Johsson!

Many congratalations! u made the right move(to use fat pads)!

bastards are 5/16"x7" very close to the european 8 mmx 17.78 cm CRS. Not sure about the bending kit, but u can always order in groups of 10 the steel u want (10 bastard , 10 edgins etc)

Hi Johsson!

Many congratalations! u made the right move(to use fat pads)!

bastards are 5/16"x7" very close to the european 8 mmx 17.78 cm CRS. Not sure about the bending kit, but u can always order in groups of 10 the steel u want (10 bastard , 10 edgins etc)

OK. Thanks.

Congrats on the blue nail!

A beginner's bending bag from FBBC has 3 bastards, if I recall correctly...you might do better with an advanced bag. It still has plenty of 1/4" stock to bend, as well as more bastards, and in between stuff like bolts and square stock.

Congrats on the blue nail!

A beginner's bending bag from FBBC has 3 bastards, if I recall correctly...you might do better with an advanced bag. It still has plenty of 1/4" stock to bend, as well as more bastards, and in between stuff like bolts and square stock.

Thanks.

Advanced bag is not good option, because its price + shipping will go over the tax limit (must pay tax to toll when price go over limits when ordering stuff from outside the EU). I will check those bastards and etc. and maybe will order them.

Than I'd suggest you buy some G5 bolts, G8 bolts, bastards, 1/4" square and if you feel necessary some 1/4" round.

Don't you have a hardwarestore nearby? Maybe you can find some steel there..

Edited by luuc

Thanks.

Advanced bag is not good option, because its price + shipping will go over the tax limit (must pay tax to toll when price go over limits when ordering stuff from outside the EU). I will check those bastards and etc. and maybe will order them.

Ah, I see...I would still email John Beatty and see what he can do. He is a wizard at keeping costs down with shipping/customs and such.

Thanks.

Ah, I see...I would still email John Beatty and see what he can do. He is a wizard at keeping costs down with shipping/customs and such.

He is indeed. I've ordered many times and have never had any problem with paying tax toll/customs or anything like that on it. He ships in boxes of 9"x12"x6" (or there abouts) and if the stuff fits in there while not being to heavy the shipping will only go at 37$. Really sweet. The advanced bag will defenatly fit in there

Edited by David_wigren

Congrats on the blue! :rock You improved your form on that bend.

I think the beginner's bag from FBBC has too much easy stock that won't challenge you at this point. The advanced bag would be better but if you can't get that much I'd suggest some of these. You can get them all at 7" except the bolts which are 6" - all can be cut down as you progress.

1/4" round (should be similar to the blue)

1/4" hex

1/4" square

1/4" grade 5 bolts

1/4" grade 8 bolts

1/4" round stainless

5/16" grade 2 bolts

5/16" round (bastards)

Thanks all!

Than I'd suggest you buy some G5 bolts, G8 bolts, bastards, 1/4" square and if you feel necessary some 1/4" round.

Don't you have a hardwarestore nearby? Maybe you can find some steel there..

Yes I have. Last week I bought 10kg package of 8" bright nails, 5,5mm diameter (near to 1/4"). I cutted some of them to 7"-5" (have to cut more). From internet I found 1/4" square steels, but not yet ordered it.

Reason why I tought to order bastards and etc. is certs in the future (maybe after 2years training?)

Nice Bend Man!!!! Your form is coming around fast. I think you will be happy that you get some sort of Benders Bag from FBBC. You will have have it when you feel froggy to do a cert :D

johnsson:

2 years? i bend one red nail in 2.30 minutes with 2 weeks of training and 1 hard bastard with less than 3 months of training (90 seconds)... and i am not more than u!

dont set limits its a good motto because the mind can achieve the "impossible"! if u become a real bender(something i am looking for) u will develloped a very very strong mind because your bending training.

johnsson:

2 years? i bend one red nail in 2.30 minutes with 2 weeks of training and 1 hard bastard with less than 3 months of training (90 seconds)... and i am not more than u!

dont set limits its a good motto because the mind can achieve the "impossible"! if u become a real bender(something i am looking for) u will develloped a very very strong mind because your bending training.

Really :blink? This raised my motivation to bending :happy. What kind of results you got then in whole body exercises? I am very weak at those.

johnsson: i am stronger than the average joe but cant lift much.

what worked for me: had lots of HELP in the beggining from my mate Mike ,he send me couple of bars ... so my plan was to finish them all ,starting by the easier ... grade 5"x6" ... grade 5"x5.5" ... grade 8 x 6" ... red nail ... if u take a look at me (youtube) u will notice the degree of progression.

love bending was the key that put me close to my goal with less effort , i never plan any bending session , do whateaver i want.

i hurted my hands , lower back in the beggining but this made me stronger. now i dont mind to have blood in my hands because the im wraps(later i will do better , but now i dont fell confortable with it).

GAzza can bend one piece of 8 mm Stainless steel barehanded did u know? this is insane. DONT set any limits or u will die:-)

Thanks.

He is indeed. I've ordered many times and have never had any problem with paying tax toll/customs or anything like that on it. He ships in boxes of 9"x12"x6" (or there abouts) and if the stuff fits in there while not being to heavy the shipping will only go at 37$. Really sweet. The advanced bag will defenatly fit in there

If shipping to finland is that 37$ too, I can order stuff with only 24,51$. Damn!! But I can still get 40 bastards :D.

BTW. Is brass bars harder than normal bars? I founded plase from finland website where I can get it.

brass bars should be easier if they have the same dia.

the golden(brass) its 3/8"(9.5 cm) and its very close to the bastard 5/16"(7.9 cm)CRS.

Brass varies just like steel, and there are different grades. The golden bastard (3/8" brass) is pretty easy, but tja sent me some 9mm brass (smaller diameter) that felt as hard as a shiny bastard.

Today I ordered some bars:

Round bar 8mm x1,5m 5 pieces, CRS.

Square bar 6mm and 8mm x1,5m 2 pieces of each, HRS (blazed).

Maybe with these I reach the red nail band?

I think 8mm CRS and 8mm square HRS should be harder than red. If you are trying find something easier than red then you should try to find 6mm hex head bolts, which have "8.8" printed on the head. I think those are pretty similar to grade 5 bolts and should be cheap. Also 8mm round HRS would be good.

Did you order these from some Finnish website? I have been trying to find places to order steel from Finland, but havent found any.

I think 8mm CRS and 8mm square HRS should be harder than red. If you are trying find something easier than red then you should try to find 6mm hex head bolts, which have "8.8" printed on the head. I think those are pretty similar to grade 5 bolts and should be cheap. Also 8mm round HRS would be good.

Did you order these from some Finnish website? I have been trying to find places to order steel from Finland, but havent found any.

Yes I did. I ordered these bars from here: http://www.slojd-detaljer.com/PSLWeb/deptl...aspx?deptid=105

They will send these from Sweden.

Here is few more websites:

http://www.terasrenki.com/component/page,s...mart/Itemid,26/

http://www.riiho.com/fin/index.php

johnsson: i am stronger than the average joe but cant lift much.

what worked for me: had lots of HELP in the beggining from my mate Mike ,he send me couple of bars ... so my plan was to finish them all ,starting by the easier ... grade 5"x6" ... grade 5"x5.5" ... grade 8 x 6" ... red nail ... if u take a look at me (youtube) u will notice the degree of progression.

love bending was the key that put me close to my goal with less effort , i never plan any bending session , do whateaver i want.

i hurted my hands , lower back in the beggining but this made me stronger. now i dont mind to have blood in my hands because the im wraps(later i will do better , but now i dont fell confortable with it).

GAzza can bend one piece of 8 mm Stainless steel barehanded did u know? this is insane. DONT set any limits or u will die:-)

Regarding the IM pads...you have to start with easy bars and gradually build up the technique, skin conditioning and pain tolerance. I've said it before, and I will say it again, regardless of whether a beginner, an experienced or elite bender, there are benefits with fatpads as well as thin wraps. If you have worked up to a bastard in fatwraps, well no, you're probably not going to be able to bend a bastard with IMPs(not without some training). And I think it's just foolish to stay of the thinwrap-training just because it's more difficult/painful. In the same way as it's foolish to stay of the fatwraps of whatever reason.

Everybody here talks a lot about how fantastic Gazza is, but only a few trains like he does, with minimal wrapping.

Personally I choose to learn from all the top benders here (gazza, aaron, ben, adamglass, david wigren, jeremiah), therefor I work a lot with IM pads, but I also work a lot with fatwraps.

Yes I did. I ordered these bars from here: http://www.slojd-detaljer.com/PSLWeb/deptl...aspx?deptid=105

They will send these from Sweden.

Here is few more websites:

http://www.terasrenki.com/component/page,s...mart/Itemid,26/

http://www.riiho.com/fin/index.php

Thanks for the links. I have actually found two of these already(slojd-detaljer and terasrenki), but it was cheaper to order from FBBC even with taxes and other expenses. There is so much better selection at FBBC and you dont need to spend any time cutting and filing pieces. And if I remember correctly, twice my package has came trough without any taxes. You definately should contact John. Im sure he will find some solution.

You can find 8mm round HRS at your local hardware store. Cant remember prices but i think i got HRS less than 2€/m. And the store I got mine is definately not the cheapest one. Those 8.8 bolts are hard to find, atleast ones that are long enough but if you can find them those should be less than 0.3€ per piece.