Card Tearing Do Bending

David_wigren

When you did your braced bend between your legs, how close were your feet to each other? It looks like you might be able to get more power out of your legs by trying to get your feet together. It is awkward but it works!

I keep my feet pretty much as close as I can, and for the "crushdown" I keep the heels almost completely together. What I do wich might make it look like my feet are further apart then what they are is that I angle my feet with my toes pointing 45 degrees out in each respective direction. I feel that if I do this I can really get as much power as I possibly can.

By the way, I may have foolishly said something recently about being better than you at card tearing :whistel You are way past my best now.

Haha I couldn't just let you be better at the cards. But I do admit that when you said that, you where alot better than me

Wow, just wow. That's some pretty incredible card tearing :rock and you completely destroyed that Bastard!! I wish I knew how you guys did it in IMPs! Amazing!

Thanks man! Considering how strong you are now and how much you've progressed, you can get better at it aswell. Bending with IMP's and thin pads in general is something that takes some time to get good at. If you put the time into it you will aswell. I spent pretty much 6 months of specific training with only IMP's and nothing else. IMP's are no pain issue for me, at least not anymore. Not even after being almost completly away from it for 8-9 months. I spent perhaps 30 minutes doing kink isos with them yesterday and it was no problem.

Haha I couldn't just let you be better at the cards. But I do admit that when you said that, you where alot better than me

Yeah...but that was like last week! I have to go see if I can find some more of those cheap plastic-coated cards to practice with :devil

Yeah...but that was like last week! I have to go see if I can find some more of those cheap plastic-coated cards to practice with :devil

What can I say, I get strong fast :cool ...figuring out the tecniqes helped alot too. I was basicly just twisting the cards before.

Bring it on!

Wow, just wow. That's some pretty incredible card tearing :rock and you completely destroyed that Bastard!! I wish I knew how you guys did it in IMPs! Amazing!

Thanks man! Considering how strong you are now and how much you've progressed, you can get better at it aswell. Bending with IMP's and thin pads in general is something that takes some time to get good at. If you put the time into it you will aswell. I spent pretty much 6 months of specific training with only IMP's and nothing else. IMP's are no pain issue for me, at least not anymore. Not even after being almost completly away from it for 8-9 months. I spent perhaps 30 minutes doing kink isos with them yesterday and it was no problem.

Yeah, I think that's all I need to do is work with them more. I think I've only tried DO in IMPs a total of three or four times. And if I'm not mistaken, three of them were with a Red. I can kink it, but it takes a bit of work, and consequently I get too gassed for the sweep. I think I change the way I bend, so probably I just need to get the feel for it. I've come back and finished one later though. The pain isn't a problem for me at all. It makes my index fingers a little sore, but I don't get any anywhere else on my hand. Maybe I'll knock it back and work on some square or something.

Edited by easyWeight