Card Tearing Do Bending

David_wigren

Videod most of the stuff I did today. Improving on my card tearing skills. Getting back at DO bending. Nothing big on video but a bastard in IMP. Tried one of the unfairly hard KOAB's, braced bent it of course.

Did a bunch of other stuff too. Bent a big shiny bastard in IMP but it took me about 20 minutes and I rewrapped it 4 or 5 times, so no point putting that on youtube. But it is a good indication that I still have some DO power that I use to have. One small point though, it seems that my relativly strong kink is pretty much gone. But it should come back if I keep at it.

(There's more card tearing on the video than it is bending so it should perhaps be on the gripforum. But I don't care. I like this forum better... I'm a bender)

Great job on the card tearing! :rock You're really strong at everything else you try so I knew it was just a matter of figuring out a technique that works for you. That bastard looked like a warm-up even in IM wraps. The KOAB was really cool - kink to finish between the legs!

Great job on the card tearing! :rock You're really strong at everything else you try so I knew it was just a matter of figuring out a technique that works for you. That bastard looked like a warm-up even in IM wraps. The KOAB was really cool - kink to finish between the legs!

Thank you Perry! Yeah I struggled alot with the cards up to a week or so ago. They just wouldn't tear before and even if they did tear it wasn't smooth. I think not even 3 weeks ago my card PR was 30 cards just under 10 minutes.

When I brace bend things 9" or shorter I usually go for the between-the-legs-crush all the way. I could probably put a very small kink on it if I pull it over my knee, but it is nowhere nere as effective as my legcrush

that's nuts! especially impressed w/the cards :rock

Nice card tearing :rock

David ,

impressive at least!

really excited about your comeback to DO training! big shiny should be easy using fat pads RIGHT?

Nice bends...I'll take your 'weak' kink any day :tongue

Thanks everyone! Mostly proud of the cards since I don't have much experience with it. Tearing has a whole different satisfaction than bending. Allthough I've now realised how much I missed DO bending.

David ,

impressive at least!

really excited about your comeback to DO training! big shiny should be easy using fat pads RIGHT?

Thank you Hugo. I will be easier for sure, but far from easy for me. Thin pads versus fat pads have not differed much for me in the past concerning DO bending.

Considering your current gains I'm suspicious that you might already have taken some of it :fear

Considering your current gains I'm suspicious that you might already have taken some of it :fear

Well, my crushing strength has increased quite a bit, but I still think my kink is actually a little below where it was last fall...and I surely couldn't kink a big shiny in IM pads :pinch

Well, my crushing strength has increased quite a bit, but I still think my kink is actually a little below where it was last fall...and I surely couldn't kink a big shiny in IM pads :pinch

I was reliaved to find that my crush didn't go down so much. Back in late fall I tried a few bends and my crush was a joke. But now it seems that it is not so very far from where it was when I was the strongest with it.

I am pretty sore in my chest, something that I almost never felt before. Exept the very first months or so

Nice job all the way!

Tim

Nice job all the way!

Tim

Thank you Tim! Your short braced bending overshadows mine. But I'd like to think that I'm not lightyears away from it, just a couple of miles

Very nice work. Like the song too. :rock

Thanks man! Tool for the win! :D

I Like it all David :rock Great demonstration!!!!!!!

I Like it all David :rock Great demonstration!!!!!!!

Thank you Mike!

Great work David.All looked good. :rock :rock

David...is your avatar picture of the two #6 shoes from the FBBC sample pack? I read about it, but it's amazing to see one actually bent! :tongue

Thank you Charles!

David...is your avatar picture of the two #6 shoes from the FBBC sample pack? I read about it, but it's amazing to see one actually bent! :tongue

The outer one is the #6 Anvil brand keg shoe from the fbbc sample pack. The inner one is a kerkhaert front clipped #6 WH 1 1/8x3/8 and this thing is a bear! I'm moving this one pretty much one mm at a time. Allthough it has stopped moving now :D ... perculiar thing is that even though they are both #6 they differ alot with the general size of the shoe. I would actually say that the kerckhaert is of normal #6 size and the anvil keg is more of a normal size of an #8.

I'm currently working on doing a kerkhaert SN #5 (fat version, as they apear to come in many different withds and thicknesses) 1x3/8. I attempted one before but I can't even get it to 90 in one go.... But in time it will, hopefully

When you did your braced bend between your legs, how close were your feet to each other? It looks like you might be able to get more power out of your legs by trying to get your feet together. It is awkward but it works!

By the way, I may have foolishly said something recently about being better than you at card tearing :whistel You are way past my best now.

Wow, just wow. That's some pretty incredible card tearing :rock and you completely destroyed that Bastard!! I wish I knew how you guys did it in IMPs! Amazing!