How To Tell What Bolts Are What And What Kind Of Steel To Get.

Mark

I checked my steel inventory from stuff I ordered from FBBC awhile ago and I have all these bolts yet I cant tell what grade of bolt is what. How do you tell them apart?

Also a friend finnally paid me back for some work I dd for him so I have a little money so I was gona go pick up some steel. What kind should I get. I used to be able to bend 1/4 steel round very easily now I can only kink it.

also if I go to the store to buy more bolts what do I ask the person in the hardware isle for grade x bolts? or do they go by another name

Currently I have:

Tons of blue nails over 50

Misc bolts. All the bolts from the beginer package from FBBC (need helping tell which are which)

30 red nails

10 7 inch 1/4 round

6 6 inch 1/4 round

and Im still finding more as we speak.

I am thinking picking up some 3/16 just not sure on the length. I can 5 inches pretty easy. What would be the step up from that yet not as bad as a 1/4 round

its always good to remember my good friend Matt Cannon :"any healthy man can bend one grade 5 with knowledge about proper technique.."

get g5's 6" (u can cut them later).

try to bend different lenghts : 7" , 6" and 5.5" x 1/4" just to get the groove.

g5's are next or 7 mm crs if u can get some.

best of luck

Edited by ewokhugo