Fbbc Leather Wraps

Dan Cenidoza

I just got two pairs of leathers from FBBC (thanks John!) and I'm wondering how best to condition them. Is shaving cream still the preferred method? Also, what side are you putting the steel on? I'm thinking smooth side in.

I just got two pairs of leathers from FBBC (thanks John!) and I'm wondering how best to condition them. Is shaving cream still the preferred method? Also, what side are you putting the steel on? I'm thinking smooth side in.

i use smooth side in, and regarding condition, just let the sweat from your palms do the work :)

you can also wrap them really tight, with some chalk, add rubber bands and let them lie wrapped and chalked while you're not using them

how do you use shaving cream? never heard of that

Shaving cream seems to be the way to go, I was skeptical at first, but over night wrapped around pencils with shaving cream on the edges worked well.

Have never tried the shaving cream thing but it used to work on my ball gloves. For me I like to chalk the crap outta them and then wrap them tightly when not in use. Then tons of bending with very tight wraps.....stretch that leather...... :D Bk

Apparently I know even less about bending than I thought. I've never even heard about this stuff, and I sell them!

Have never tried the shaving cream thing but it used to work on my ball gloves. For me I like to chalk the crap outta them and then wrap them tightly when not in use. Then tons of bending with very tight wraps.....stretch that leather...... :D Bk

Ditto. I use rough side in, and even go as far as keeping doubles together, in order, and side specific.

A little 5 o'clock shaddow doesn't bother me on my wraps :D .

I'm like John, I've never heard of the shaving cream trick. On my FBBC wraps as well as all my others, I put the shiny side in. One pair of my FBBC wraps is sueded on both sides.

Tim