Performing With Omega Force At The Arnold

kerbjr

Well they say good things come to those who wait. And after 6yrs or so of dabbling with this bending stuff I did indeed get something very good. The short of it was that I got to perform at the Arnold with Omega Force. I have been performing Strongman shows with a small group for many years and this was by far the biggest honor I have ever had. Got to perform with Brian Schoonfield 1 show, dude is sick strong, he levered an 18lb sledge like a toy, picked up a 200lb sandbag like a ziplock sandwich bag, and said he hasnt done much training over the last year or so :blink . Also we sat up a small booth in which we were able to introduce hundreds of folks to the bending game. Got to promote the gripboard like mad and hoping to see some new members soon. Didnt find any bending freaks but I was waiting on one of the gripboard gang to come along and surprise us. That didnt happen but I did get to meet Jedd Johnson, and Rex (natural) and saw a few others there I recognized from videos. Also got to be crowd control for Arnold himself and got to shake his hand afterwards. I about got stomped by one of his personal bodyguards though as I took my job a little too seriously and held back the wrong guy OOPS! Anyhow sorry I didnt get around more and holler at some of you fine folk I very much regret that, but I was overwhelmed by all the goings on. Could go on and on about all the cool folks I met and stuff I saw, and I have never felt so small in my life as even the chicks were bigger than me. Sorry to toot my own horn but it was the highlight to my humble strongman career. Anyhow to those of you getting in to this stuff keep banging away, honor God and be patient your time is coming. Anybody that might have caught the show I was the little guy bending crap.........Thanks for listening Brett....

were was the booth I didn't see it..."i don't think"

Well they say good things come to those who wait. And after 6yrs or so of dabbling with this bending stuff I did indeed get something very good. The short of it was that I got to perform at the Arnold with Omega Force. I have been performing Strongman shows with a small group for many years and this was by far the biggest honor I have ever had. Got to perform with Brian Schoonfield 1 show, dude is sick strong, he levered an 18lb sledge like a toy, picked up a 200lb sandbag like a ziplock sandwich bag, and said he hasnt done much training over the last year or so :blink . Also we sat up a small booth in which we were able to introduce hundreds of folks to the bending game. Got to promote the gripboard like mad and hoping to see some new members soon. Didnt find any bending freaks but I was waiting on one of the gripboard gang to come along and surprise us. That didnt happen but I did get to meet Jedd Johnson, and Rex (natural) and saw a few others there I recognized from videos. Also got to be crowd control for Arnold himself and got to shake his hand afterwards. I about got stomped by one of his personal bodyguards though as I took my job a little too seriously and held back the wrong guy OOPS! Anyhow sorry I didnt get around more and holler at some of you fine folk I very much regret that, but I was overwhelmed by all the goings on. Could go on and on about all the cool folks I met and stuff I saw, and I have never felt so small in my life as even the chicks were bigger than me. Sorry to toot my own horn but it was the highlight to my humble strongman career. Anyhow to those of you getting in to this stuff keep banging away, honor God and be patient your time is coming. Anybody that might have caught the show I was the little guy bending crap.........Thanks for listening Brett....

Awesome stuff to be in front of so many people and do your thing :rock

I was there for pete sake! - Teddy and I were wanting to do some bending too - that would've been perfect! oh well maybe next year

damn, what booth was this? I was walking around both friday and sat didnt see you all. Would have been fun

Booth was probably an overstatement, it consisted of a folding table, an Omega Force Banner and a lot of bending crap. We were located over by the martial arts section where they were doing all of the breaking. We were hit and miss couple hours here and there as we had to move everytime another event was going on. If I am back next year we will do it up right for sure. I really do wish I would have run a couple of you guys down as I recognized a few of you from videos and pics, But I havnt been real active on the board for a few years and figured nobody would know me anyhow. Next time I will do better....Ben I am looking forward to Moberly and so far I have a green light to go from the wife,, it will be cool to see some of you studs in action....Brett

Wished I would have seen you. I was only around of Friday. I would of bent some stuff. Congrats on the show!!

Big congrats my friend! I bet that was alot of fun.

Sorry I wasn't there to get to see it.

Tim