Crush Tutorial

ewokhugo

my crush its horrible, dont have any idea why , i may not be doing it properly (no excuse).

i cant crush with both hands(interlock fingers) the bar simply doesnt move. usually i finish the bar with my rh open (trying to crush my lh).

i 'd like to ask if anyone of u guys can make a small video explaning how to interlock fingers properly+ hands position etc ...

p.s-i used ONE RED HEART because this is a big favour for me ... many thanks in advance!

Edited by ewokhugo

Foxman had a video of his crushdown technique, but I can't find it on his account..

Looking at video's really helped me out, at first I couldn't do it either, but after a bit of training and practicing, it's the best technique.

my crush its horrible, dont have any idea why , i may not be doing it properly (no excuse).

i cant crush with both hands(interlock fingers) the bar simply doesnt move. usually i finish the bar with my rh open (trying to crush my lh).

i 'd like to ask if anyone of u guys can make a small video explaning how to interlock fingers properly+ hands position etc ...

p.s-i used ONE RED HEART because this is a big favour for me ... many thanks in advance!

Only ONE RED HEART wont cut it in this town pal

wont cut it

heres what i can offer for crush help.

You want the ends of the bar, more specifically the corners of it to be taught in your palms. (*this is kind of hard to explain, you want the edges at the end to be the point you put pressure into)

Yoiu want these edges to be about an inch up from the base of your palms, locked in.

You have to apply pressure in unison (sp) You get pressure in the crush from pushing your palms together with your chest and lats, and also from pulling your hands together with your fingers.

You want to keep the bar up high like on your kink

All I can think of right now

Edited by TKtheGreek

I could use something similar, no doubt. I cannot get any leverage using Jeremiah's one-hand-open technique. I think Gazza's videos are helpful, when any happen to be available :D

I know you guys think I'm bent on this one, but I'm telling you...grippers! I use to chest crush grippers all the time. The crush has always felt like the most natural part of a bend for me and I think that has a lot to do with already being accustomed to the movement, because it's almost exactly the same. Maybe it won't help you get stronger (IMO it can help), but I think it may help you realize your potential. Just like being strong enough to squat big weight, but your crappy form is holding you back. The solution is to drop the weight and work on form. With a gripper you can hit it an infinite number of times, do iso holds, choke up on it to make it harder, and so on.

I'm messing with one of my grippers right now and what I do is put the end of the handle right at the crease of my hand underneath my thumb pad and rest the top part right across the knuckle of my first finger. Do that for both hands and just lay into like you've got a pair and it's exactly the same as crushing a bar, only with knurled metal pads :D

Get yourself some springs all types and crush and hold barehanded.

Get yourself a shit load of stainless in 5/16 and 3/8 prekink one of each to 2 1/4 crush till under 2incher get another pair and prekink to 2 1/2inches crush till under 2inches,get another pair kink to 2 3/4 crush till under 2inches etc etc.

Try holding the crush for 10 second hits use a stopwatch and mirror.

Get aggressive its only a thin piece of steel.

Carry a prekinked piece around with you all day and night and throughout the day and night practise 10 second isos on it ,put it on your bedside cabinet or in the toilet then when you go for a piss during the night hit on it somemore this teaches the body to always be ready to go at it as you are throughout the day asking it to perform,were as alot of people have a set time to train etc the body but more importantly the mind gets used to that and we always want to make the mind guesse it then has to adapt and get stronger.

When i perform a crush i imagine being a hydraulic crushing machine slow and steady but with loads of power i dont blast into the crush because this sometimes allows the piece to move in the hands i rather just pin it then slower start applying pressure then i tense my whole body and try to put this into the crush for as long as possible.

Practise all bending styles this hits the hands and wrists and fingers from various angles making you a better bender in the long run plus it helps work the kink and middle stage more and the more of a better start and stronger you are on these the more energy and power you have left for the crush.

thanks thegreek! good info!

Darin, i agree bro!

as a matter of fact i received yesterday one #4 (damm HARD) for me its a mutant(i had some experience with grippers in the past)i plan to use it for soing some crushdown:-)

Gazza: the wise man says ... (....) thanks a lot. one think i realize its the fact u not only talk in the dark to yourself but ... u talk with other DIMENSIONS too (when u bend) ,its obvious for me ...u laught sometimes and i think to myself(this guy have someone from other planet doing a "teamwork") . i mean : everybody knows u are the best bender in the planet but i believe sometimes u are not human".

Whilst crushing a particularly hard piece i also imagine im crushing my enemies skull that often helps get it done easier with much satisfaction :inno

Ive personally found springs the best for the crush mixed with useing stainless for 95percent of my bending as the stainless is 2nd to none in the crush.

The springs push back so its easier and better to hold a longer iso for as you have to constantly push were as a bar without noing it you might not be pushing at 100pewrcent a strong stiff spring always wants to push back.

I've been thinking of making a thread like this. My crush is messed up. At this point, i can kink a bastard pretty well, but around 100-110 degrees it just stop (picture in gallery). Thanks for the info!

Whilst crushing a particularly hard piece i also imagine im crushing my enemies skull that often helps get it done easier with much satisfaction :inno

Ive personally found springs the best for the crush mixed with useing stainless for 95percent of my bending as the stainless is 2nd to none in the crush.

The springs push back so its easier and better to hold a longer iso for as you have to constantly push were as a bar without noing it you might not be pushing at 100pewrcent a strong stiff spring always wants to push back.

You're talking about torsion springs right? What do you think about a heavy torsion spring whose prongs are out 180deg from one another for training the kink as well? Hypothetically, it should serve the same exact purpose, because like you say here, it pushes back.

I love the crushing someone's skull visualization too :blink I imagine the bar is someone who has done me wrong and now must pay the price of my vengeance. I equate it to letting the Dark Side consume me and unleashing the hate!!.......staying with the recent Star Wars theme :rock

Edited by easyWeight

If a normal guy reads in this forum, i bet he think we are crazy as hell, but thats why this board kick ass!

Darko ,

congrats thats a very good progress(u had troubles to kink the bastard few weeks ago ...) take Gazza's advice and improve your crush!:-) i need to do the same:-)

gazza/darin: skulls ... waw thats what i need to think next time i bend!! REALLY COOL advice!

Edited by ewokhugo

If a normal guy reads in this forum, i bet he think we are crazy as hell, but thats why this board kick ass!

I didn't pick up on anything that was strange in this thread. I must be crazy then :laugh

You're talking about torsion springs right? What do you think about a heavy torsion spring whose prongs are out 180deg from one another for training the kink as well? Hypothetically, it should serve the same exact purpose, because like you say here, it pushes back.

I love the crushing someone's skull visualization too :blink I imagine the bar is someone who has done me wrong and now must pay the price of my vengeance. I equate it to letting the Dark Side consume me and unleashing the hate!!.......staying with the recent Star Wars theme :rock

I think Gazza means using a small coil spring to crush,Like a valve spring from a gasoline engine.That will definitely be great tool for training the crush.I just started back into bending recently and this is now one of my tools.Hope this helps.Maybe Gazza will chime back in for specifics.

I remember when my crush was the strongest I trained it the following way:-

I could hardly bend a shiny to 1.9", then after training I could crush it to 1.4 or so. I did this with only 2 days of training. These two days I used to only crush my bastards that is already crush to the maximum I can bend. Then after two days the shiny was peice of cake. to 1.4"

Alawadhi: so what u did was to crush beyond normal range your bastard?(already bend less than 2")

this sounds interesting. my english sucks , i asked just to be sure if i understood.

charles: do u have any pic of this?thanks in advance.

Alawadhi: so what u did was to crush beyond normal range your bastard?(already bend less than 2")

this sounds interesting. my english sucks , i asked just to be sure if i understood.

charles: do u have any pic of this?thanks in advance.

Hugo here is a link to a generic picture.Most typical V8 valve springs are 1"-1-1/2" in diameter and about 2" long maybe a little longer.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/plugged/p...s/photo_10.html

I remember when my crush was the strongest I trained it the following way:-

I could hardly bend a shiny to 1.9", then after training I could crush it to 1.4 or so. I did this with only 2 days of training. These two days I used to only crush my bastards that is already crush to the maximum I can bend.

There's something to be said for (a) crushing old bends down as far as possible, and (b) trying to crush current bends down as far as possible in the allotted time (2 minutes for me). Just cause a bend is at 2" doesn't mean you should stop.

Using this philosophy I've rarely missed crushing something down that I could sweep far enough to get into the crushdown position.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=4293

Dave

charles: thanks a lot for sharing the pic.

Dave: interesting! need to do it from now on. thanks.

I think Gazza means using a small coil spring to crush,Like a valve spring from a gasoline engine.That will definitely be great tool for training the crush.I just started back into bending recently and this is now one of my tools.Hope this helps.Maybe Gazza will chime back in for specifics.

I missed that he said in his first post here "all types."

você acha que verde e matar aquela merda.

olá Mark!

Aquela merda seria fácil para ti também! Ja vi um video teu a dobrar o red nail:-)

4 raparigas em 2 horas? o meu record são 7 raparigas em 3 dias ! :devil

My Portuguese is a little rusty, but from what I can tell, you two are horn dogs! 7 girls in 3 days Hugo? The girls must be more friendly in Portugal haha.