Full Rom Training.

lloyd80s

I'd just like to here some thoughts on this-

The first time I got my hands on a gripper (a #1), I'd never heard of a CCS, MMS, TNS or any other set come to think of

Could someone please explain all these acronyms to me(CCS,MMS,TNS) :(

(I'm new to the gripboard and started training with a COC gripper yesterday, I bought the #1 and trainer a few days ago)

I set my gripper yesterday to just wider than parallel - i was using the #1 for my work sets for between 3 and 6 reps- and was closing it from a starting position of just slightly wider than parallel on each rep, what is this set called?

After the workout I worried that I had somehow been "cheating" by not using a full range of motion, but judging from your posts it seems that most people don't do full reps a lot of the time.

If I let the gripper open much wider i found my fingers coming out of position, especially on my left hand which felt a lot more awkward with the gripper than my right.

Hi,

A TNS (table no set) means picking the gripper up and just closing it without your other hand touching the gripper at all. This is the hardest way to close a gripper.

A CCS (credit card set) is where you can use you other hand to help set the gripper but the distance of the handles must be at least the width of a credit card at the start of the close. If you want to cert on an Ironmind gripper you'll need to insert a credit card for a witness to see before you close it!

A MM (mash monster set) is the set you'll need to use to climb the mash monster ladder. This lets you use your other hand to set the gripper handles to parallel before the close. Just check Chad or Pauls vids that are up on the board at the moment for good examples.

Hope this helps