Specs For The Mmg7

Bill Piche

The MM6 gripper from what I've read seems to be harder than the BBSE and easier than the #4. That could be an easy, average, or hard #4. I decided to come up with a hypothetical "in a perfect world with a RGC" ranking of the MM grippers and where the MM7 might fall. The real grippers are most likely not as evenly spaced but it kind of gave me an idea of decent increments. A 192# MM6 would make it similar to a very easy #4 or hard BBSE so it could be fairly close. Going by this, the next logical step would be 199#. That might be a little too easy but I doubt too hard for the next step.

MM1 - 157

MM2 - 164

MM3 - 171

MM4 - 178

MM5 - 185

MM6 - 192

MM7 - 199

Anyway, great thread and I hope all the views shared help Bill in his decision on creating the MM7. :)

I agree with you that kind of jump in pounds would be good.

1/4" Pro is WAY TOO HARD. If normal 1/16" mount Pro is around 245-250, then 1/4" would still be around 225 lbs, ratio 4.3. Too damn big jump from MM6.

GE with 1/16" mount is +10 pounds harder than 3/16" mount. My suggestion is GE with normal 1/16" mount.

Aaron, have you calibrated Pro with 1/4" mount?

Edited by Force

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MalachiMcMullen

• Magnus

• acorn

• Bill Piche