How To Set A Gripper

Paul Knight

That was a great vid all the way up until the part where you repped the #3 and closed the #3.5...that part was bull crap :)

Thanks for the tips Paul, and nice video ;)

Veerry helpful...

- Aaron

Aaron, this video was not intended for you! you don't need any help whatsoever w/your set :laugh

Paul,

Awesome video, sitting here on the floor watching this video on my laptop after working on the things you mentioned in the video about halfway through I was able to crush my #2, which I've been struggling with after pulling my grippers out of the closet after almost a year. I'll work on this with my left hand and hopefully my #2 will fall in that hand soon as well!

BT

Nice video paul,

I just went from level 11 to level 12 on the vulcan with that set video and was able to get level 11 ccs on video to send to david for the cert list.

Thanks for sharing, in a lot of sports guys won't share their secret because they don't want others to do as good as them. Not so in grip, which makes it a great thing to do. Thanks for being one of the guys that makes the sport better!

Thanks for the tips Paul, and nice video ;)

Veerry helpful...

- Aaron

Aaron, this video was not intended for you! you don't need any help whatsoever w/your set :laugh

Haha too bad, the cat is out of the bag now! :laugh:D

- Aaron

Well done Paul, an excellent video for the newbies(like me). Maybe some day, I'll manage to close the grippers you have closed... (right now it seems light years away, but I don't intend to give up).

Paul,

I'm not sure if you're using them but maybe you could do a video about setting IMTUGS as well? Would be great!

Thanks!

Ben

Nice vid Paul, maybe now I'll close my filed #3! :rock I never thought of using my chest to set the gripper; I was key pinching em'! I'll let you know how it turns out the next time I train grippers. BTW- Was that a #3 you were TOYING with during the video? Probably was.......you suck! :cool:happy;):D

Nice vid Paul, maybe now I'll close my filed #3! :rock I never thought of using my chest to set the gripper; I was key pinching em'! I'll let you know how it turns out the next time I train grippers. BTW- Was that a #3 you were TOYING with during the video? Probably was.......you suck! :cool:happy;):D

Fox ............ if you use your chest, you'll prolly break the gripper :laugh

Fox ............ if you use your chest, you'll prolly break the gripper :laugh

HAHAHA!! :D :D :D I dunno about that, but I'll be happy if I can get a good, deep set out of it anyway! :D

Paul, see my video please,

i was wondering what all this setting is all about why is it so technical. in my video am i missing anything, i did not season heat or stomp my grippers in ANY way. im just really confused about all this setting stuff?

rico

i was wondering what all this setting is all about why is it so technical. in my video am i missing anything, i did not season heat or stomp my grippers in ANY way. im just really confused about all this setting stuff?

rico

Impressive!

Paul can explain the set better than anyone.

Watch his YouTube video on setting grippers.

It's the Best!

Mighty Joe

rico

If you don't understand how to set a gripper after watching Paul's clip then you never will. :dry

Thanks for this! I watched your vid last night, and today I closed my #1! I got it last week, and couldn't close it. I'm a total grip noob, and I had no idea what setting a gripper was, but I'm really glad I opened this thread!

This is the first gripper I've had in years, and the first one that wasn't a cheap plastic one from Sports Authority. I know the #1 isn't a big deal, but I'm thrilled to be able to close it. Now I'll work on the left hand, and start getting some reps in, and maybe order the 1.5.

Thanks again! Huge help!

thanks mighty joe for the compliment, yea i thought the "set" was for people who were working toward a no set or wanted to cheat a little. i see the set as a "bench shirt" sorta. anyone agree?

rico

thanks mighty joe for the compliment, yea i thought the "set" was for people who were working toward a no set or wanted to cheat a little. i see the set as a "bench shirt" sorta. anyone agree?

rico

Not really. Yes, a MMS will allow you to close a gripper well above one that you can TNS. However, the way I see it, no matter how small your hands are, you can probably get all your fingers around a gripper when its handles are parallel. I think this kind of levels the playing field for everyone. Training TNS is still important, but if you have any desire to climb the MM ladder (maybe you, maybe you don't), then you will need to include MMS in your grip training in order to reach your full crushing potential. Plus, there are other ways to help develope your sweep. If you think that MMS-ing a big gripper is cheating, then you need to think about where you are posting. Good luck with your training.