Santa Claws Grip Get Together.....comp Is Finished

1stCoC

Thanks to Richard and Bert for having me over to give another crack at the gauntlet. I was a lot more motivated this time around with the GB picking the events AND especially with the VERY strong guys that I had to compete against :bow

Rex, Tex, and Rich were ALL very strong and they all did a lot of amazing grip feats :rock I would like to see guys like Tex and Rich competing in grip competitions as I know they both would do VERY well :rock

I am guessing this qualifies Rich and Tex for the GGC...I hope they come and compete :rock (I guess Jedd can clarify)

And for all you Rex fans...he is getting stronger by the second (Beware)...way to dominate those "O" Blobs bro :rock :rock :rock

Thanks again Richard and Bert

Chad Woodall

you're 18....this is normal

just jokin. lol

kinda (wink wink)

Hello Richard,

Could you tell me if anyone cleaned the Circus Dumbbell? Did anyone attempt to do it?

Finally, could you tell me the length of the handle?

Thank you,

Laine

The Circus dumbbell was not a selected event but most gave it at least a tug. I think Rich cleared the ground a bit with it as he had done the first day he came by. I have been sick with a blasted cold for a week and this is my first day back. The things that came to mind in particular that day was how hard, fit, and "ready" Chad was. He has what it takes and is always a gracious guest and iron tough competitor. His lifting of the Old fat York 45s to me was really, REALLY a great feat of strength perhaps never done both right and left( with random selected plates that both weighed a bit heavy). For each of the competitors (including Tex with his drilled hand)to get the Orginal Blobs at the same time was truly special and a grip landmark. I know both Rich, and Tex had tried them before but never got the pair (53 lb 13 oz, 52 lb. 8 oz)until inspired by Rex and Chad.I think Rich opened some eyes as well as he as an afterthought on the 181 dumbbell deadlift on a 3" handle tried to curl it up to his shoulder. I think seeing that super strong crew "go at it" is one of my favorite Christmas memories. RS

Thanks to Richard and Bert for having me over to give another crack at the gauntlet. I was a lot more motivated this time around with the GB picking the events AND especially with the VERY strong guys that I had to compete against :bow

Rex, Tex, and Rich were ALL very strong and they all did a lot of amazing grip feats :rock I would like to see guys like Tex and Rich competing in grip competitions as I know they both would do VERY well :rock

I am guessing this qualifies Rich and Tex for the GGC...I hope they come and compete :rock (I guess Jedd can clarify)

And for all you Rex fans...he is getting stronger by the second (Beware)...way to dominate those "O" Blobs bro :rock :rock :rock

Thanks again Richard and Bert

Chad Woodall

Yes sir. Top 3 from the contest qualify. It was a Gripboard announced contest, so it counts. Any other questions, let me know!

Hello Gripsters. Since there is a distinct possibility this is my first post, my name is Jeff Goergen. I am in charge of editing and putting out all of the Sorinex video. If you are ever getting inpatient about the timeliness of video release, you now know who to point the finger at. :D

I was present to witness all the incredible grip feats at the Santa Claws Grip Challenge. The most amazing thing to me was that everyone did the Blob Brothers lift. I can't think of 4 people who have come in the last year who could do something like that, much less in the same day. Great job guys.

Here is a link to the video of the day. Happy New Year.

http://www.sorinexforums.com/community/sho...p=2685#post2685

Excellent video clip. Thanks for posting and outstanding performances, guys! Unbelievable job on the 2 York 45's Chad!

Awesome Job to all!!! Rich that was a monster Dyno!!! Chad just some amazing pinch feats right there!!! :rock :rock

Thanks for sharing this video!! Awesome job by all involved - especially Chad for pinching the York plates! :bow

What's the width of those two thick York plates put together?

Dang - you boys are STRONG!

Chad - you should've started w/the heaviest Blob to lightest :rolleyes

Very strong guys!! The 45 pinch was awesome Chad and Rich the 181 on the 3" dumbell very nice!!

Thanks everyone :D

Yeah, Rich made that 181 look like a toy :blink That man is a "Monsta" :fear

Rex also man handled those Original Blobs :rock

Bump!

Does anyone know about this? Perhaps Mr. Sorin himself? Please let me know! Thanks a lot in advance!

Bump!

Does anyone know about this? Perhaps Mr. Sorin himself? Please let me know! Thanks a lot in advance!

Burk,

I am not 100%...but I would say in the ball park of 4 inches or maybe a little more.

Bump!

Burk,

I am not 100%...but I would say in the ball park of 4 inches or maybe a little more.

Thanks for the info Chad! :rock 4 inches (+) sounds crazy wide for 45's - but perhaps Richard Sorin can tell us the exact measurements some day?!

I checked them with a steel rule and then a dial caliper. 2" on the tape 2.010 on the caliper for the thickness of each with a pair total of 4". The edges where the two plates touch when pinched as a pair the iron is 1/2 thick and rounded like the tip of your little finger.RS

I checked them with a steel rule and then a dial caliper. 2" on the tape 2.010 on the caliper for the thickness of each with a pair total of 4". The edges where the two plates touch when pinched as a pair the iron is 1/2 thick and rounded like the tip of your little finger.RS

Thanks a lot for this info Mr. Sorin! I don't have those old York plates and so it's always nice to have an exact idea about such a special feat! :rock