Cberg's Bending Log

cberg

Right on Caolan, keep bending bro! We gotta get together sometime and hang out, have a few pints or something and you can give me a few pieces of easy beginners steel (if ya have any) to try my hand at bending with.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cberg

• ewokhugo

• easyWeight

• MalachiMcMullen

Nice bending Caolan! We missed you at the contest man. Without you to push me I just did my opener of a Huge Shiny but it took forever to bend it, lol.

Right on Caolan, keep bending bro! We gotta get together sometime and hang out, have a few pints or something and you can give me a few pieces of easy beginners steel (if ya have any) to try my hand at bending with.

For sure man! If you're ever going to be in the area let me know. Beers on me. I would come out sometime but I dont have a car and I dont know if I could convince one of my friends to drive me to Cross Lake haha.

Nice bending Caolan! We missed you at the contest man. Without you to push me I just did my opener of a Huge Shiny but it took forever to bend it, lol.

Thanks Ben I wish I could've been there. I still can believe you destroyed a huge shiny without training. Smoke and mirrors haha. I'm gonna go for the grand shiny this saturday hopefully I'll be feeling strong that day

tried a mag shiny today. Well actually I had a huge shiny that had a 5 degree kink in it from some DU kink work from a while back. I just cut a half inch off each end to make it a mag. Got it to 3 1/16'' and then hit a wall. It was flexing alot but wasn't moving at all. It didn't help that I couldn't quite interlock my fingers. If I could've gotten it just under 3 inches before having to interlock my fingers, I think I could've taken it alot further. Definitely felt alot harder than the grand shiny I tried a few weeks back. This was my last workout before saturday, when I'll be attempting the grand shiny.

pic of mag shiny: http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/124179758...2_990_84889.jpg

Edited by cberg

Very nice bend!

Thanks Ben I owe it all to the double wraps :laugh

Nice work on the mag shiny! I don't think the grand will be a problem for you on Saturday. :rock

Woah, that's a great attempt on the mag shiny! That one is surely without a doubt in your near future. As for the grand shiny... you should've tried it today my friend :whistel

Doooooood! You're so going to kill that Grand on Saturday!!!! I'm freakin excited to see that thing go down :rock :rock :rock

wow I dont think Ive ever had so many responses to a workout post :blink

Adam: Thanks for the kind words man. Sounds like you had a great day at the contest, wish I could've been there.

Stump: Glad you found that funny bro :D. Sometimes we (myself included) take this wrap stuff way too seriously. Im gonna get some big bends out of the way, then probably try out some of that barehanded stuff you do so well ;)

David: Thanks, Im starting to think an insane shiny might even be possible by the end of the year. Out of all the pople to win the race it had to be you, just ruined my day :laugh. Might have to have a mag shiny race if I get the grand on saturday

Darin: I hope so man. Im pretty excited too!! Might drink a monster or 2 before just to make sure it goes down :D

David: Thanks, Im starting to think an insane shiny might even be possible by the end of the year. Out of all the pople to win the race it had to be you, just ruined my day :laugh. Might have to have a mag shiny race if I get the grand on saturday

Darin: I hope so man. Im pretty excited too!! Might drink a monster or 2 before just to make sure it goes down :D

I've decided to help with the competition rather than compete, Soooooo, I've also decided to challenge you to a bend off! :flame Grand Shiny vs Grand Shiny :rock

I have two pieces left at this moment. One for you and one for me. Be prepared!!!

Edited by easyWeight

wow I dont think Ive ever had so many responses to a workout post :blink

Adam: Thanks for the kind words man. Sounds like you had a great day at the contest, wish I could've been there.

Stump: Glad you found that funny bro :D. Sometimes we (myself included) take this wrap stuff way too seriously. Im gonna get some big bends out of the way, then probably try out some of that barehanded stuff you do so well ;)

Water under the bridge man. Keep on keepin' on :)

WAW!

impressive Caolan!

lets start the race to the mag shiny! ... u can win!

loved the chaollenge Darin!

dont forget to record this video because everybody wants to see it!!!

I've decided to help with the competition rather than compete, Soooooo, I've also decided to challenge you to a bend off! :flame Grand Shiny vs Grand Shiny :rock

I have two pieces left at this moment. One for you and one for me. Be prepared!!!

lucky for me, I dont have to do a strongman comp before the bend. ITS ON BROTHA :rock

WAW!

impressive Caolan!

lets start the race to the mag shiny! ... u can win!

loved the chaollenge Darin!

dont forget to record this video because everybody wants to see it!!!

thanks Hugo, were definitely making a couple videos out of this, the grand shiny will go down!!!

lucky for me, I dont have to do a strongman comp before the bend. ITS ON BROTHA :rock

You'll kill the Grand easy man. Me? I might kink it if I'm luck lol.

What am I reading here?! I'm sure there must be some mis comunication through our culture differences. You are now in a grand shiny bend off. And you actually talking about a insane shiny by the end of the year?!... I'm going to say it again. Look for an IM blue nail race

:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

What am I reading here?! I'm sure there must be some mis comunication through our culture differences. You are now in a grand shiny bend off. And you actually talking about a insane shiny by the end of the year?!... I'm going to say it again. Look for an IM blue nail race

went to go watch north dakotas strongest man and met up with Darin after for the grand shiny bend-off. Cool guy, almost as cool as me :laugh.

David you said that flu would pass but it still hasn't, bent the damn thing off-center again and failed! I may be up for a blue nail race, I cant remember the last time Ive actually finished off any sort of bend, I might be able to get it soon :laugh. Tried some of Darin's grippers after. After getting a couple tips, I either closed a #2 or was a hair off. I've only touched a gripper like 2 times before so that wasn't too bad I guess. As for Darin, he sucked on the grand shiny as usual, still might have gotten it further than me, but only cause he used the full 5 minutes :tongue! He did have a solid close of the 3 with a paused parallel set that he should have caught on tape! Good times though, might have to start training for strongman that shit looked fun as hell!

pic of my pathetic failed grand shiny: http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/124179758...52_990_3535.jpg

Sounds like you 2 had a blast.

yep that was off center, no kidding! I guess I got lucky and my off center-flu passed, that grand shiny I bent was almost spot on. Only off by a 1/16th or something.

I might join you in your blue nail race. I have yet to bend that at all. You know when something is just too easy. It's like that, too easy. I can't do it! :laugh

went to go watch north dakotas strongest man and met up with Darin after for the grand shiny bend-off. Cool guy, almost as cool as me :laugh.

David you said that flu would pass but it still hasn't, bent the damn thing off-center again and failed! I may be up for a blue nail race, I cant remember the last time Ive actually finished off any sort of bend, I might be able to get it soon :laugh. Tried some of Darin's grippers after. After getting a couple tips, I either closed a #2 or was a hair off. I've only touched a gripper like 2 times before so that wasn't too bad I guess. As for Darin, he sucked on the grand shiny as usual, still might have gotten it further than me, but only cause he used the full 5 minutes :tongue! He did have a solid close of the 3 with a paused parallel set that he should have caught on tape! Good times though, might have to start training for strongman that shit looked fun as hell!

pic of my pathetic failed grand shiny: http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/124179758...52_990_3535.jpg

Well if you wouldn't have given up 30 seconds into the bend, maybe you would have gotten it as far as me :whistel

I believe that was the #2 you closed, which isn't bad for a half-pint that doesn't train grippers :laugh

It was good meeting you Caolan. Thanks for coming down for the show!

BTW you left your new bolt cutters and I think your dad's pull over thingy or whatever it is. :blink

what do you mean you quit after 30 sec. and all that hype! i was looking forward to that bend all week, what gives?

rico

what do you mean you quit after 30 sec. and all that hype! i was looking forward to that bend all week, what gives?

rico

It was more than 30 secs, but definitely alot less than 5 minutes. Bent the dam thing a fair bit off-center and it was just too awkward to transfer any power into on the crushdown. Sorry man I was really hopin to get it too but it just wasnt my day. It will fall eventually though.

Are you going to attempt the same piece or a cut a new one since its off center? Oh and when? Do you have to build up to it again or how?

Rico