Cberg's Bending Log

cberg

havent written in this thing in a while!

worked on my crush tonight. Took a 5.75'' shiny that was stuck at about 3'' from a previous attempt a couple weeks ago. Managed to get it down to 2 5/16''. This thing is going down soon! Also my hands didnt hurt at all while crushing it down which is a first!

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/123779810..._990_144769.jpg

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cberg

• ewokhugo

• easyWeight

• MalachiMcMullen

got the second half of my FBBC order on friday. I dont know if John did it on purpose or by accident, but he also gave me 10 grand hexes even though I didnt order any! Thanks John :D. Had to give one a go. Got it to about 10 degrees. Tough stuff!

Great bending man!!! That 5 3/4" Shiny is impressive stuff!

Great bending man!!! That 5 3/4" Shiny is impressive stuff!

Thanks! I think I should finally be good for that huge shiny now ;)

caolan: John wants u to get cert:-))) (jk)

hahaha :laugh.

Alright man, give me a couple days and Ill see what I can do :tongue

caolan,

its time to receive one "title" because u are a really good bender. :rock

Edited by ewokhugo

Thanks Hugo!

Bent another Huge shiny today, this time under 5 mins. Not sure if its good for a cert, Ill have to see what ppl have to say

worked on my reverse and DU today. Just isos nothin special. then took the 5 3/4'' shiny down to 2 1/32''. Only took a couple quick hits to get it there from 2 5/16''. I could not for the life of me get that last little bit though. Might try a grand in a few days and see what happens. Hopefully ill get it under 3'' anyway

Edited by cberg

congrats Caolan for the huge shiny under 5 mn!!!

grand shiny should be a good test for u:-))best of luck!

I appreciate it Hugo!! You gotta start up a workout log in here man. It helps to stay motivated. Fun for us to read also.

I havent gotten around to bending lately. Been busy with school, exams, and stuff. Hopefully next week I'll get around to doing some bending and trying that grand shiny.

thanks caolan for your idea about to create one log here; i will think about it better:-)

whats your p.b (DU and reverse)?

• 2 weeks later...
thanks caolan for your idea about to create one log here; i will think about it better:-)

whats your p.b (DU and reverse)?

I dont even know man... havent trained either in a while.

hit the weights today for the first time in who knows how long. kept it pretty easy. Gonna try and stick with it this time.

dips (BW 200)

BW X 10

BW+35 X 5

BW+70 X 5

BW+105 X 5

BW+140 X 4 (last rep was tough)

then did a few sets of pullups with a 35. Definitely cheated a little on these.

• 2 weeks later...

did an upper body workout a couple days ago but forgot to write down what I did..

just did some hammer chain twists tonight. Saw them in an article Jedd just wrote. crazy tough exercise! I was exhausted and had a ridiculous pump goin after a few sets of these. I highly recommend giving them a try

heres a link to the article: http://www.straighttothebar.com/2009/04/ha...o_the_wr_1.html

• 3 weeks later...

good night of bending yesterday. Took a grand brutal hex that was stuck at 15 degrees for quite some time and moved it to 30 degrees. Im sure I could have moved it further but I didnt want to overdo it with Motown Gripdown just a few days away. Then did a 20 rep set of squats with 230 lbs. That was fun. Probly gonna follow what Foxman did and add 5 lbs to that every couple days.

Good stuff Caolan! Better rest up for the contest. I'm putting together a modest bending kit from some of my last remaining stock that will be awarded to the 1st place spot in the bending event. Hope to be handing it over to you man!

Good stuff Caolan! Better rest up for the contest. I'm putting together a modest bending kit from some of my last remaining stock that will be awarded to the 1st place spot in the bending event. Hope to be handing it over to you man!

Wow thats awesome Ben. That definitely just motivated me even more! You sure are a generous guy :rock

Good luck at the contest Caolan!

If you're feeling up to it, we're having a strongman competition here in Fargo the following weekend -May 23. There are several guys coming down from Manitoba - at least one that I know of from Winnipeg. I may try to get some sort of an informal grip challenge going if I can afterward, if I can get some participants, which shouldn't be too hard.

Hey man, don't worry about not being the strongest. I'm definitely not the strongest man on the field, but I still compete because it's a blast!

As for grip stuff, I don't really have a lot, myself, but the guy who owns the majority of the strongman equipment has lots of grip toys. I have grippers, a 150lb 2.5" thick handled DB , 2" axle, plates for pinch, a loadable sledge handle, and my friend has a V-bar, a loadable Inch trainer and possibly an RT (not sure if it is his).

Hopefully your dad will lend you his car! I know what it's like not to have one. Well, I own one but my girlfriend is always driving it to work! There is a guy coming down from Winnipeg. I'll shoot him an e-mail if you want me to. Maybe if it's convenient for him, you might be able to catch a lift with him if all else fails. Let me know.

I only have two Shinies left, but I suppose I could cut one down for you and make it worth the trip down here :rock You don't have to give me anything for it either. The date of the contest is May 23rd at 1pm. You can just Visit Our Website for details and directions. I hope to see you down here man!

did a volume crushdown workout yesterday. took a bunch of huge shinys that were stuck at 2'' or just under and crushed them down to 1''. It was fun. Only took 2 hits on most of em :happy. Also crushed a 5 3/4'' shiny down to 1 1/16''

I'll do what I have to do to cut it ;) Although I'll probably have some bolt cutters handy. We can film the bend right after the comp. Maybe we can put you out on the floor in front of the crowd :rock Get them behind you, should give you the energy you need! BTW, if you're getting Huge Shinies and 5.75 crushed down that far, you should be able to get the Grand no problem. I've struggled with the Grand I managed to kink to 90deg for a while now and still haven't quite got it to two inches!

Hey cberg

Since your so into this bending who or do you, has a compresensive list of all the things we bend listed in degree of difuculty? I'm talking form the different company's combined, eg fbbc and iron mind or whoever else and including nicknames like the "edgin or KOAB" I know there's no metal called that, can you help out?

Rico

Edited by rico300zx