Cberg's Bending Log

cberg

killed a shiny today in about a minute :D . amazing what taking one day off can do

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cberg

• ewokhugo

• easyWeight

• MalachiMcMullen

killed a shiny today in about a minute :D . amazing what taking one day off can do

This comes as no surprise to me.

This comes as no surprise to me.

Thanks Zach! It does to me. I was expecting it to be a challenging bend haha :D

just bent a big shiny. man that was a tough crush. just got the bend in under 5 mins. time for some rest!

• 3 weeks later...

havent written in here in a while! been pretty busy lately. tried another huge shiny today and failed yet again. not satisfied with this I decided to try some DU for once. Got about a 20 degree kink in some 6'' square, bent on the flat. nothing special but I think its a good start. Might hop on the DU train for a bit and see where that takes me.

good idea Caolan , i think u need o try something "different" for now ... and later your chances to kill the huge shiny will improve a lot!(the passion/animal power" will return! i cross my fingers!! good luck mate!

good idea Caolan , i think u need o try something "different" for now ... and later your chances to kill the huge shiny will improve a lot!(the passion/animal power" will return! i cross my fingers!! good luck mate!

Thanks Hugo! Yeah I havent made any progress on the huge shiny in the past couple weeks so I think its time to mix it up. I saw your 7mm DU video the other day and that inspired me to try some DU bending of my own. Haha Animal power!!!! :rock.

lol thanks for watching!

lots of people liked it wich surprised me a lot ..anyway ... go for another P.B(DU!):-) good luck!

thanks man. I think the easiest steel I have left is a 5" square haha, but ill try it in a few days and see what happens!

did some card tearing today, first time in a while. managed to get 46 hoyle cards. wanted to try a whole deck but there were a few cards missing :dry. It wasnt pretty but I got it done. These felt a fair bit harder than the easy dollar store cards I had done before. Hopefully a whole deck will be going down soon, and then on to the fun with oven mitts, handcuffs, behind the back and all that stuff

Edited by cberg

glad u are enjoying your "new type of training" ..having FUN would do the trick fo u!!:-) 5" DU aquare its offraid of u!!!

Did some DU again tonight. finished off the 6'' square and got a 5'' square to 18 degrees! Man my wrists are sore now. Thanks for the motivation Hugo. Gonna try and get a 5'' square on vid soon

6'' square killed: http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/123470957...2_990_10470.jpg

5"" square damage: http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/123470957...2_990_71222.jpg

finally crushed down a huge shiny!!!! took a piece I had stuck at 2 5/16 from a while back. Gave it 3 hits and it went down to 1 15/16. I think I only have 1 huge shiny left so Im gonna wait until Im sure I can kill it. Shouldnt be too long from now.

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/123470957..._990_102684.jpg

NICE MAN! Your crush is now stronger than mine.

Thanks buddy!! I still got a ways to go to catch you in everything else grip-related haha :laugh

amazing caolan! motivation its very important! u are more than capable to bend the 5" square from the beggining if ... u use the "animal power" lol (jk) congrats for the huge shiny! killer crush u have!

amazing caolan! motivation its very important! u are more than capable to bend the 5" square from the beggining if ... u use the "animal power" lol (jk) congrats for the huge shiny! killer crush u have!

thanks man, you are right though, I do need to get more intense im too relaxed when im bending! ill try to get both of those on vid soon for your viewing pleasure. when are you going to start bending again. I want to see some shorter bastard bends!! maybe a shiny!? I know you can do it!

thanks a lot Caolan , the best i did 2 weeks ago was mini-kink (7" edgin)nothing more.

after the small injury i did one training(yesterday) but couldnt finish one g2 5/16" , i was not at 100 % (no animal power and with some pain on my lower back) ...well no excused! my crush sucks! i can get to 90 deg every bar at the bastard level maybe litle more.

from now on if the animal power its not there i wont bend ... this may sounds terrible but if the mental aspect its sleeping the bend wont be any good.

i have some national crs 8 mm same as 5/16 but at 6" this should be funny ... but i love bolts so my goal its to destroy them.

the shiny should be a great reward but i am miles from it :-(

i will work on the edgin 7" just to see the big picture")

thanks a lot Caolan , the best i did 2 weeks ago was mini-kink (7" edgin)nothing more.

after the small injury i did one training(yesterday) but couldnt finish one g2 5/16" , i was not at 100 % (no animal power and with some pain on my lower back) ...well no excused! my crush sucks! i can get to 90 deg every bar at the bastard level maybe litle more.

from now on if the animal power its not there i wont bend ... this may sounds terrible but if the mental aspect its sleeping the bend wont be any good.

i have some national crs 8 mm same as 5/16 but at 6" this should be funny ... but i love bolts so my goal its to destroy them.

the shiny should be a great reward but i am miles from it :-(

i will work on the edgin 7" just to see the big picture")

that sucks about that injury. Ive been lucky so far and havent gotten hurt yet somehow.

For the crush I do alot of bench press, weighted dips, rows and pullups. I find that when Im doing good in these lifts thats when my crush is at its best. Confidence is important too man, you gotta believe in yourself. Remember the steel is puny :D. Im sure youll find the animal power again soon and then some Big steel will fall!

thanks mate! i really appreciate your words!

now omn the 5" square(DU)!:P

caolan,

i forgot to ask u ...

when u work in the gym doing :bench,dips,rows ... do u use the 5x5 routine(rep x set)? its important to use some ISO's in the gym? i mean doing 3 reps + 1 iso and + another rep?(5 rep total per set) this is used by some armwrestlers,dont have any idea if its good for us:-) thanks in advance

caolan,

i forgot to ask u ...

when u work in the gym doing :bench,dips,rows ... do u use the 5x5 routine(rep x set)? its important to use some ISO's in the gym? i mean doing 3 reps + 1 iso and + another rep?(5 rep total per set) this is used by some armwrestlers,dont have any idea if its good for us:-) thanks in advance

glad you asked Hugo. Ive actually been using the 5X5 alot lately and I think its a very good base routine. I do switch it up every now and then to keep my body guessing or else my body will adapt and I will make slower progress. Sometimes I will take a lighter weight and do less sets but with more reps, maybe 3 sets of 8-12 reps. Sometimes I will use a heavier weight and do sets of 3 reps. Sometimes (maybe once a month) I'll work up to a max. Its also important to change exercises often too and not always doing the same thing. For example, for bench you can use the incline bench, decline bench, use a close grip, wide grip, do lockouts, etc. For rows you can do seated rows, bent over rows, chest supported rows, one arm rows and much more. Pretty much any routine will work though if you stay dedicated to your training. I hope this helps! Also I dont think Ive tried any isos, only when bending :tongue

thanks a lot caolan!

i did some weight training in the past but never to get stronger.

i believe doing any type of iso's training in the gym may help benders but i am not sure about it.

regards

Remember the steel is puny :D.

I've heard that somewhere before :cool

caolan,

i forgot to ask u ...

glad you asked Hugo. Ive actually been using the 5X5 alot lately and I think its a very good base routine. I do switch it up every now and then to keep my body guessing or else my body will adapt and I will make slower progress. Sometimes I will take a lighter weight and do less sets but with more reps, maybe 3 sets of 8-12 reps. Sometimes I will use a heavier weight and do sets of 3 reps. Sometimes (maybe once a month) I'll work up to a max. Its also important to change exercises often too and not always doing the same thing. For example, for bench you can use the incline bench, decline bench, use a close grip, wide grip, do lockouts, etc. For rows you can do seated rows, bent over rows, chest supported rows, one arm rows and much more. Pretty much any routine will work though if you stay dedicated to your training. I hope this helps! Also I dont think Ive tried any isos, only when bending :tongue

This is good advice. Constantly forcing your body to adapt is the key to strength. Doing the same exercise every week will aid in your body getting use to it and no longer needs to change to adapt and will quite possibly cause your training to plateau. Also in the words of Jess Marunde, "SQUAT MORE!"

Edited by easyWeight