Normal Friday Workout

Wade Gillingham

Wade you are and always have been an inspiration to me since I have been interested in grip!!!That was an awesome workout!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Very Strong Wade :rock

You still interested in a grip "Super Match" when AW slows down for you?

Again...Very Strong :rock

Chad Woodall

I should have taken you up on this when you were training for strongman and your grip was never recovered! That's how I feel now but even worse than when I was training strongman. You'd pretty much kick my ass right now unless I took some time off - let my forearms recover - then trained for grip specifically. I'm still strong in the pinch and thick bar stuff but my grippers suck. But yeah, to answer your question, I'm interested in it someday.

Thanks for sharing this Wade. You just punish those hands and forearms. How many days a week do you do so much grip/hand like that?

Thanks for sharing this Wade. You just punish those hands and forearms. How many days a week do you do so much grip/hand like that?

I work my hands and forearms like that 3x a week in the gym mostly through normal weight training modified to tax the grip and specific movements to build forearm strength like wrist extensions, wrist pronation, wrist supination, etc.. I also try to do some light grippers, tugs, and hand and wrist extensor work 1-2x a week at work when my elbows can take it. The grippers are done mainly to stretch my wrists, the tugs on the bottom two fingers, and the extensors to balance things out.

Edited by Wade Gillingham

Very Strong Wade :rock

You still interested in a grip "Super Match" when AW slows down for you?

Again...Very Strong :rock

Chad Woodall

I should have taken you up on this when you were training for strongman and your grip was never recovered! That's how I feel now but even worse than when I was training strongman. You'd pretty much kick my ass right now unless I took some time off - let my forearms recover - then trained for grip specifically. I'm still strong in the pinch and thick bar stuff but my grippers suck. But yeah, to answer your question, I'm interested in it someday.

Sounds good Wade...it would be a friendly comp at that...much respect for you big man and your family :rock

There is nothing "Normal" about that workout at all. It is incredible and judging by the size of that beast he could probably do it on any given day of the week... Makes things that tax or completely destroy others look like a walk in the park.

I thought the one handed sledge hitting the tire was very impressive as well. Everything there was impressive, but I haven't seen much comments for the sledge work, so I thought I'd point that out :)