• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• twig

• Stew

• LAINE SNOOK

I've asked Laine if, subject to him being able to load/carry it, he'd bring his 278lbs globe style dumbbell. I fancy a crack at the beast.

Steve,

The beast is at my Brother's at the moment - I will try to get it back here for the weekend.

I was going to bring Malcolm Whyatt's "super nova" Kettlebell as well - to see if anyone fancied a go at cleaning it.

Laine.

PS, I am bringing an A/Axle, and some other globe dumbbells - 126lb, 153lb, Inch 172lb, and my Millennium copy + yours. I will bring Ivanko plates as well.

"I am bringing an A/Axle, and some other globe dumbbells - 126lb, 153lb, Inch 172lb, and my Millennium copy + yours. I will bring Ivanko plates as well."

Looks like we might get so see some history made on Saturday, I am really looking forward to it.

I thought I might, energy allowing, do the big beast and then a baby inch for time to finish. I had a little juggle earlier (hand to hand).

Decided at the last minute that i am not going to be able to make this one. Sorry guys. This is due to my rotator cuff still not functioning at 100% plus the fact that i would have to cut it really fine because of work and therefore only get 2-3 hours up there (and have to leave before the meal etc...) Again, i apologise that i can't come up and support this event. :(

All the best to Steve, Laine, Loz, Paul and anybody else who is doing any lifting. Get me some good vids ;)

See you guys soon (hopefully for the MM2 cert).

Sam

Edited by CoC#3

Pretty accurate write up Steve and a great day had by all I think.

my pinch failure was at 91.7 so I wasn't to far down, a couple of weeks and this should be mine.

my personal best was lifting Laines 153lb inch which I'm very pleased about but unfortunately I couldn't replicate when the camera was on.

I failed on 160 on the axle which was a bit off for me but left forearm was just fried from everything else.

Seeing Laine so close to locking out on the double Millenium lift, completing the double 30kg blob lift and the 86kg kettlebell clean was something else.

All in all a very enjoyable day.

See I told you I was fried. I thought you'd done less on the 2HP and forgot the big kettlebell clean. Just necking a shaker

after shopping and tidying up the unit.

I think Laine also got the 200kg DO axle if my memory serves me right, will check the video but pretty sure that was a good lift aswell.

Edited by Stew

I'll double check the numbers etc once I've seen the vids and photos before passing on the correct updated info to David for the BHSA and GB records.

Hello All,

My hands hurt, my forearms hurt, my back hurts - even my arse hurts - I am going to take up Knitting and Cross-stitch as a pastime instead.

Anybody want a Jumper knitting???????

Laine

Anybody want a Jumper knitting???????
I'd say yes, but you'd need so much wool, and so much time knitting...you'd feel even WORSE!

Suprised Savage missed the Inch, maybe he needs to borrow it again?

nah i lifted it a few times - thanks very much but it's ok

Well that was fun, unfortunately I injured my right wrist on friday so could only do left handed stuff, but it was nice to play with all the blobs and dumbells, and get a Vulcan PB.

Some of the lifting by Laine and Steve was awesome, although the double Millennium didn't quite happen, the first pull to mid thigh was still impressive to say the least :blink And that kettlebell was ridiculous, just deadlifting it was hard enough, the only way I would clean that is with a cloth. Savage did some nice dumbell and blob work and was still training when the more sensible gripsters were off to stuff their faces. Stew has obviously improved quite a bit since the brits

Laine and Steve did their best to lose me on the one way system round Gloucester (I was following the van on my motorbike) but they couldn't shake me off, and I managed to hold my own among the heavyweights at the buffet :D

It was a pity a few more couldn't make it to what was, after all, the first annual BHSA get together.

Edited by Noob Saibot

Good work everyone. The 190kg DO deadllift stands out for me, great work here Steve and Laine. Again, sorry i couldn't be there.:rock

Edited by CoC#3

Some great lifting yesterday guys. Steve and Laine are both amazing at thick bar lifts and the double millennium lift by laine was awsome, he got it higher than people would pull just one. Im not oftern impressed but that was cool, as was the clean with the huge kettlebell.

well done 2 everyone that got pbs, unfortunatly i cut my skin doing pinch with steve on tuesday and it went again on my first lift on the pinch so i pulled out and stuck 2 my strongman training and got a pb on the log :-)

well done 2 everyone

Loz

Laine's 200kg double overhand axle deadlift

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jodtNf--8-E

Wev'e got plenty more to upload but did this one first as I think this is a world record ?

Others will follow probably tomorrow as I'm out later but we seem to have just about everything that happened on video so if anyone's after seeing anything in particular let us know and I will put those up first.

Mt 190?? And the one hand deadlifts. The baby Inch for time (esp as I catch it in the air ha ha) and if poss my lifting of Laine's 234lbs bell.

Laine's 200kg double overhand axle deadlift

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jodtNf--8-E

Wev'e got plenty more to upload but did this one first as I think this is a world record ?

Others will follow probably tomorrow as I'm out later but we seem to have just about everything that happened on video so if anyone's after seeing anything in particular let us know and I will put those up first.

No that's not a World Record, DAMN impressive lift, but the WR is 451 (or 454 I can't remember) by Andrew.