Tried Some 11/32 Drillrod Today

CaptainCrush

Chad I remember last year I belive watching your vid on the Dieselcrew site of a bend of 5.5" 1/4 square and thinking oh man thats sick.Now like you said look how far you have come.Nice job on the hard work brother!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainCrush

• ox3782

• MalachiMcMullen

• foxyj75

Chad I remember last year I belive watching your vid on the Dieselcrew site of a bend of 5.5" 1/4 square and thinking oh man thats sick.Now like you said look how far you have come.Nice job on the hard work brother!!!

Much appreciated man!!! :cool

I'm gonna have to go watch that vid, I know it took everything I had at the time to crush that thing :D

Don't sue me for personal injury it's not the pad's fault :D But for real that's some knarly bending :rock

Thanks brotha!! :D

I may have to be sending some money your way, your crushdown pads won't fit 3/8 inch stock. ;)

Don't sue me for personal injury it's not the pad's fault :D But for real that's some knarly bending :rock

Thanks brotha!! :D

I may have to be sending some money your way, your crushdown pads won't fit 3/8 inch stock. ;)

Just let me know I can make you some up I don't think I will need 3/8 myself anytime soon. :D

payment will be sent shortly!!! :)

I will make some up this weekend I will have to make them a little larger to accomidate the larger rod but no problem.

I just gave sorness the middle finger! :D

7.5 inch KOAB to 2 3/4

My pinky finger on my right hand also gave me a big "screw you" and decided to go completely numb on me. Not sure what that means :D

Nice Chad I have had the numb pinky bending before its when you hit a nerve.It usually goes away in a few minutes for me if it does not you may want to see a doc about it.

hahah thanks man

Its still numb 30 minutes later but I'll take this as a good thing cause now I probably don't have to worry about the fire shooting feeling in the pinky finger I used to always get on the longer crushdown stuff!

who needs feeling in their pinky anyways??? :tongue

are these new koabs or 780 batch?

These are 3/8 1018 CRS from speedymetals. I just called em KOAB's so I wouldn't have to keep giving the description. From 50 degrees that I pre-bent one its noticeably harder than the 11/32 0-1 drillrod. I remember Ben saying before that the 11/32 drillrod was just as hard at certain parts as the KOAB's he had. So this batch I have definitely had some balls to it. Plus it's at 7.5 inches and not 7 inches. Gonna cut a piece to 7 inches and send it to Eric.

Well I still have to work on the kink part of the bend and get stronger there. I also want to see how a piece calibrates and if I have to I'll hunt someone down with an easy KOAB.

I'm not gonna rush anything but I will probably shoot for Christmas to get a full bend in :)

I'm interested to try that 3/8th - the highest I've heard CRS Cal at from a hardware store is 705 and I think it was Crown - Not sure where John gets his stuff from - I'm guessing you've got some hard shite there :rock

I'm interested to try that 3/8th - the highest I've heard CRS Cal at from a hardware store is 705 and I think it was Crown - Not sure where John gets his stuff from - I'm guessing you've got some hard shite there :rock

Especially considering that sharp "V" kink :blink , I have never bent anything that kinked like that and was anywhere near easy.

Yeah I hope those pieces calibrate high!! I ordered them pre-cut from speedymetals.com and they are the 1018 CRS.

I'm thinking the sharp bend is from me pre-kinking them to 50 degrees using the vice. Either way it's the hardest sweep I've ever had the pleasure of moving! :D

I'm heading to the post office to ship some down to Paul along with some of the 11/32 drillrod so we'll soon find out how hard these damn things are! :rock