Training For Reps

Pancake Sprawl

A minute plus #3 hold would be pretty incredible - I'd need to see it to believe it. " At least I think I can" is not exactly a definitive answer.

I can't think of anyone who has approached that either in a contest or on vid etc - can anyone else?

i'm sorry for, what seems to be, a gross over estimation of my own strength. i didn't know this was never done before, so now i think maybe i didn't do it as long as i first had thought. but in any case, i can do it for a while. but like i've said, do you think my thumb webbing being sliced open has anything to do with it? providing a deeper starting point? because i can only do it with my one hand?

i can get pictures of my hand. i will get a video of me holding it closed for time in a couple of weeks because i have over trained slightly these passed weeks. i will get a good rest and then i will attempt to show you.

again, my apologies for making such bold statements. i did not know this was the case at the time.

Edited by Pancake Sprawl

again, my apologies for making such bold statements. i did not know this was the case at the time.

I'm sure you can hold it closed for some time. It's just that those seconds tick by slowly when trying to hold a tough gripper.

R--e--a--l--l--y :blink s--l--o--w--l--y. :)

Edited by Relayer

I'm sure you can hold it closed for some time. It's just that those seconds tick by slowly when trying to hold a tough gripper.

:D I noticed this when I tried the coin challenge. I was thinking to myself, "Pfft, I can hold my BBSM closed FOREVER."

Apparently I can hold it closed for 8 seconds!

A minute plus #3 hold would be pretty incredible - I'd need to see it to believe it. " At least I think I can" is not exactly a definitive answer.

I can't think of anyone who has approached that either in a contest or on vid etc - can anyone else?

i'm sorry for, what seems to be, a gross over estimation of my own strength. i didn't know this was never done before, so now i think maybe i didn't do it as long as i first had thought. but in any case, i can do it for a while. but like i've said, do you think my thumb webbing being sliced open has anything to do with it? providing a deeper starting point? because i can only do it with my one hand?

i can get pictures of my hand. i will get a video of me holding it closed for time in a couple of weeks because i have over trained slightly these passed weeks. i will get a good rest and then i will attempt to show you.

No problem. As others have said, time goes at a different rate when you are holding the gripper closed - and whether it's 2 minutes or 2 seconds holding a #3 shut is no mean feat.

HAHA! You're not kidding. My coin hold with my #2 felt like I had it closed for a long time. It was 23 seconds and I am happy about that (only happy enough to not be satisfied, though), but I thought it would have been longer.

i just video myself now. i'm not sure if you can see well, because my camera is junk but if you pause right in the beginning the "3" is clear. i know i say tns in the video and technically it's not because you didn't see me pick it up off a table or whatever, but it's hard to coordinate this while holding camera and looking, so i picked it up, set up my camera, and then adjusted in my hand without the other hand's help and closed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ7FXR_n6x0

also, is this good for the mm ladder? or i have to get a more clearer more brighter video with a more professional attempt? i was just sitting at my computer figure i give it a try, even though i'm supposed to be resting haha

Edited by Pancake Sprawl

i just video myself now. i'm not sure if you can see well, because my camera is junk but if you pause right in the beginning the "3" is clear. i know i say tns in the video and technically it's not because you didn't see me pick it up off a table or whatever, but it's hard to coordinate this while holding camera and looking, so i picked it up, set up my camera, and then adjusted in my hand without the other hand's help and closed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ7FXR_n6x0

also, is this good for the mm ladder? or i have to get a more clearer more brighter video with a more professional attempt? i was just sitting at my computer figure i give it a try, even though i'm supposed to be resting haha

Nice job on the close!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

A tip on capturing vid,lay the camera down lens up and do the close above it.That works for me and it makes a clear vid no shaking and no other hand in the way.

Dem some big hands man! Great close!!!

thank you guys for your help and motivating me to post my first ever video on youtube and on here. but i have a question, is that video good enough for Mash Monster ladder?

Nice job!

As for MM-cert, get a video with better lighting so that the handles can be seen together clearly, send that vid to Bill.

thank you guys for your help and motivating me to post my first ever video on youtube and on here. but i have a question, is that video good enough for Mash Monster ladder?

Nice close!

No it's not anymore. One of the rules of MM is that you won't post stills or the video before it's judged.

For the rest, make sure to put the camera on a solid surface and make sure the #3 is shown really clear. After that send the video to wannagrip for certification.

Good luck!!!