Bill's Grip Training Log

wlong132003

Did some pinch work today and some sledge levering.

Hex blocks 5x5 22lbs up to 35lbs

Plate pinch 3 dimes--3x5

4 dimes 3x5

hitting the RT all day when i go to the garage as normal.

also did some thumb work with a set of jumper cables I don't have any Pony clamps so I got innovative! I wrote about it on my blog check it out.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wlong132003

• Benedikt Farsmann

• bencrush

• mwhities

Congrats on the 135lb RT pull Bill! That's a great feeling making increases on the RT. It seems like most guys have to fight for every few pounds on the RT.

Congrats on the 135lb RT pull Bill! That's a great feeling making increases on the RT. It seems like most guys have to fight for every few pounds on the RT.

Ben the few pounds keep coming it seems to the help of your idea about lifting it every time you walk past it. Mine is in the garage and every time I go to throw a piece of trash in the can out there I go lift it. THANKS!

Bill,

Is that you on the Diesel Crew site? You done swole up son! :D

Sorry for the delay I have been in Iowa on vacation seeing the family also had the oppertunity to meet Ryan Pitts of Strongergrip.com great guy. Yes that is me on the AMD site by Smitty. It is an amazing program has changed the way I train forever.

Bill,

Is that you on the Diesel Crew site? You done swole up son! :D

Sorry for the delay I have been in Iowa on vacation seeing the family also had the oppertunity to meet Ryan Pitts of Strongergrip.com great guy. Yes that is me on the AMD site by Smitty. It is an amazing program has changed the way I train forever.

Glad to hear/see that it's working for you. Keep it up.

tore a total of 3 decks of cards today

used my new pinch block from strongergrip.com 4x5 @ 7 1/2lbs.....this thing is awesome little weight and thumbs were feeling good.

used another tool that will be out soon really kills the wrists.

later I will do some hand contrast baths and some extensor work with rubber bands

used my new pinch block from strongergrip.com 4x5 @ 7 1/2lbs.....this thing is awesome little weight and thumbs were feeling good.

later I will do some hand contrast baths and some extensor work with rubber bands

Nice.

Do you feel the extension bands are really good to use/get? I'm considering getting some, but what about standard rubber bands? My wife is a paralegal and she has all kinds of different sizes and thicknesses.

Your opinion?

Michael

Nice.

Do you feel the extension bands are really good to use/get? I'm considering getting some, but what about standard rubber bands? My wife is a paralegal and she has all kinds of different sizes and thicknesses.

Your opinion?

Michael

I personally have never used the Ironmind bands if that is what your talking about. I get a good workout with regular rubber bands. I typically use a couple heavy duty rubber bands I get from brocoli stocks they are heavy but don't last long. But then again they come with some food for free so I just use them as they come. I don't see why the Ironmind ones wouldn't be a bad investment though, I just haven't got around to buying them.

Nice.

Your opinion?

Michael

I personally have never used the Ironmind bands if that is what your talking about. I get a good workout with regular rubber bands. I typically use a couple heavy duty rubber bands I get from brocoli stocks they are heavy but don't last long. But then again they come with some food for free so I just use them as they come. I don't see why the Ironmind ones wouldn't be a bad investment though, I just haven't got around to buying them.

Thanks. I buy about 6 bundles of broccoli a week and have a bunch of those bands laying around. I'll see about using those. When I put in another order for some grippers from IM, I might get theirs too.

Thanks again,

Michael

CoC training today

Sport 10

trainer 5

#1 1

#1.5 1

#2 attempt......maybe 1/32" left AHHHHHHHHH two attempts same result

#1.5 1

#1 1

Trainer hold for 10 sec

Sport hold for 20 sec

after the second attempt on the 2 there was no rest between the remaining sets....I will close you #2 soon...very soon

A ton of RT lifts today up to 130lbs

5x5 on my homemade pony clamp aka jumper cables with rubber bands

pinch block 2x5 7 1/2lbs...2x5 10lbs...sucks!

• 2 months later...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I had my double hernia surgery on 19 June that was 3 weeks ago yesterday. I haven't lifted an weights in over 2 months and am dieing to lift again. BUT since i had 2 umbilical hernias I am going to start off with body weight exercises for a couple of months to build my self back up. Because if you have ever had an umbilical hernia surgery its in your stomach and it completely breaks you down you can't even get out of a chair or out of bed for a few days then its very very painful when you can for a while. Anyway all the while I was hoping to keep some strength and that will be determined later I have been using a couple very light grippers ie. the sport and trainer with high reps to try to maintain what I got without adding and stress to my body since i'm not suppose to lift anything. The week after I had my surgery I didn't touch anything, then the second week I started using my Sport and Trainer. This 3 week I used expand your hand bands, dexterity balls, and my sport and trainer in my grip maintaince program. I go back to the doctor on Thursday to see if I can start body weight training yet. I went swimming the other day and just had to stand in the pool as I tried to tread water and could not do to pain. So more rest I guess. ..In case your wondering I did have a hernia last year in Oct. this time I had two...The original one came back due to the last doc not putting a big enough piece of mesh over the hole and the second I couldnt see and didn't even know I had but he fixed it anyway for me. Now I have a huge piece of mesh in with a crazy scar on my stomach.

Surguen gave me the green light to start training again. I started some bodyweight stuff on Monday this week to see how it would feel anyway it hurt like hell but yesterday and todays felt great. So I decided I should get back to bending today also I want to still take it easy and not reinjure my self so i hit some 3/16" CRS 4 pieces at 6" no break ...then a 60D timber tie. Felt good thats all I did today for that didn't want to over do it. Besides the surgery made me incredibly weak. But its on with the progress now!

• 2 weeks later...

Been hitting grip, pinch, card tearing and bending hard since I was givin the go ahead from the doc. AFter almost 2 months of no training besides some light light grippers I am about 1/4" away or less on my CoC 2.5 it will close soon....