Bill's Grip Training Log

wlong132003

3/16"x6 CRS reverse style bends x4

Then worked a 1/4"x7" CRS took about 15 min to get it done but I got it Hardest part was the Initial kink.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wlong132003

• Benedikt Farsmann

• bencrush

• mwhities

Worked out today anyway more importantly I got a 1.5 CoC today and had a goal of last year closing it and never got around to buying one and it came in today and I opened it and crushed it first, second and third time I tried it.....for some reason it seems easier then my #1??? Maybe it was just me I don't know but glad i closed it I will do up a video of those closes soon. On with the #2!!!

I also got my Ironmind bending pads...will do another bending session in a day or two. My hands and forearms are still smoked from the last one ...The journey to the Red Nail begins!!

Posted a pic from today in my gallery of my first attempt at a 60D nail with my new IronMind pads. Did not do a full session no warmup just tried to bend it for giggles. I will get it!!!

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8327

Worked out today anyway more importantly I got a 1.5 CoC today and had a goal of last year closing it and never got around to buying one and it came in today and I opened it and crushed it first, second and third time I tried it.....for some reason it seems easier then my #1??? Maybe it was just me I don't know but glad i closed it I will do up a video of those closes soon. On with the #2!!!

I also got my Ironmind bending pads...will do another bending session in a day or two. My hands and forearms are still smoked from the last one ...The journey to the Red Nail begins!!

Nice work on closing that # 1.5

I calibrated both my IM #1s - one was 77 lbs the other 83 lbs. and IM 1.5 was 87 lbs. so anything is possible

Posted a pic from today in my gallery of my first attempt at a 60D nail with my new IronMind pads. Did not do a full session no warmup just tried to bend it for giggles. I will get it!!!

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8327

I just started to train soley with the IMpads my best bend to date with them is 19/64"x7" O-1 Drill rod

Keep up the good work

Hey thanks...I want to caliberate my CoC but don't have a caliper. It was surprisingly easier then my #1 maybe it was just me I don't know...I should have the 60D down within a month for sure I am only using my IronMind pads as well.

Captain of Crush Sport 1x15

Trainer 2x10

#1 3x2reps

#1.5--2x2

Blockweight lifts and hold for 10sec x 6

3-4 dimes plate pinch x4 for 10 sec holds

Card tearing 1 deck in sections of 10-15 cards at a time.

My video camera is maxed out on video's and my wife has to down load them so no video of the close so I took a picture.

you can see it if you want on my blog. Will load them in my profile in a few

Hit some volume grip work yesterday and some volume bending today. 3/16"x6" CRS 10 times none stop today. Nothing heavy past couple days. Work on form of my reverse style bending.

Gym time today did some back work and abs then came home and did some grip.

CoC Sport for 10

Trainer for 5rx2s

#1 3x3

#1.5--2x2 can't quite close it lefty

I am doing sometype of hand work about every day be it grippers, bending, pinch lifts and so on feeling pretty good after the first week of this.

Today was a long relaxing day. Got some grip work done waiting a few hours and did the 60D nail. Grip work in improving I can feel it.

Warmed up with a 3lb sledge in all directions 3x8

CoC Sport x10

Trainer x5

#1--3sets of 4

#1.5 2x2

3/16"CRSx6" bent 3 for a warm up about 2 hours after my grip stuff then grabbed one of the nails and went down with ease. That's when I wanted you to see it for your self and to prove to my self it was real. After the nail I did some card tearing working up to 25 cards. You can check out my 60D video on my blog.

CoC Sport x10

Trainer x8

#1 4x4

Trainer 2x10

Sledge levering

3/16"x6" CRS 3 pieces back to back

60D nail x4 1 min rest between each nail reverse style bend

Card tearing two decks up to 20 cards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 more 60D today and 1 grade 5 bolt. Was just messing around and figured to do a few more. Trying to get my volume up with these grades to work my way to that grade 8......and RED

Good job hitting another G5 Bill! The G8 won't be too far away for you.

Thanks Ben I was surprised because I did the 60D back to back and took about a min break for the gd 5. When down fairly easy......Problem is I was cleaning the garage and slightly intoxicated! Good things are coming I feel it.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I did some gripping and bending

Some sledge hammer leverage for warmup

CoC sport 1x10

trainer 2x5

#1 1x5

#1.5 1x3R 1x1L

#1 1x4R 1x2L

Attempt at the #2 credit card close.....about an 1/8" to go!

Bending

3/16" CRS 6" did two of these in shop towels ....pain

Grade 5 6" with ironmind wraps

Grade 5 5.5" with IronMind wraps...PR

I have realized I have not been bending GR 5's they are in fact GR 2's I did a 5.5" grade 2 yesterday so I still have a ton of work ahead of me. :(

Ok had a Monday grip session and one over the weekend I think I posted. Nothing big Monday just some gripping up to the 1.5 and some wrist curls and reverse wrist curls my forearms and wrists are smoked from some labor work I am going to take a couple days off. Also I am no longer moving to Cali I am moving to Georgia beginning of May.

Been training hard lately hitting my grip 2-3 times a week. tonight did some gripper work

CoC sport x 10

trainer x5

#1 x4

#1.5 2x3 felt really good tonight took the weekend off will work up to the #2 again later this week. I have been doing some form of grip almost everyday between pinch grip, RT and grippers the days I don't do that I hit the dex balls and some extensor work.

• 3 weeks later...

Did some grippers work tonight

Trainer 2x5

#1 one set of 10 huge PR for me most i have got before this is 5

#1.5 2x3

#1 2x4

Trainer 1x10

Congrats Bill! I will have to catch up because you already outstriped me ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Well yes been doing lots of grip work and RT work still every day. I think I could get my goal on it now but am going to keep adding little by little because after all my goal is only a small fraction of what I want. Any way I placed an order today for a Inch Replica that is shot loadable from StrongerGrip.com Can't wait to get it I will let you all know when I do!

Just hit one of my goals this year on the Rolling thunder "old" only 135lbs but I got it with both hands which surprised me. Check out the video if you want.

Thanks I can't wait!