Closed The #2.5

matthcarl

Well, I just now did close the RB 240N...so I doubt it it is much harder than the #2.5, if at all. Next up is the 260N! I have only tried my own #3, so I have no comparison with hard/easy. The spread on mine is 3" and I can hardly set it :blush

I've got 2 BBSM's that calibrate as follows: 2.64 for the one that's a year or so old, and the new one is a 2.77, so not quite a 2.8

I have a 240N that calibrates to 2.8, so that's where I got the 2.8 number "guessing" at work without my list in front of me. Just received a 260N that's a 2.84

It's been my experience since calibrating all my grippers that .5 makes a pretty big difference. I also have an RB210 that calibrates to 2.62, same as my #2.5, but it's MUCH harder as the spread is 3 1/4".

I've got 2 BBSM's that calibrate as follows: 2.64 for the one that's a year or so old, and the new one is a 2.77, so not quite a 2.8

I have a 240N that calibrates to 2.8, so that's where I got the 2.8 number "guessing" at work without my list in front of me. Just received a 260N that's a 2.84

It's been my experience since calibrating all my grippers that .5 makes a pretty big difference. I also have an RB210 that calibrates to 2.62, same as my #2.5, but it's MUCH harder as the spread is 3 1/4".

Do you mean 0.5 or 0.05? In my experience, even the latter makes a significant difference.

Congrats Matt. I remember when I closed my coc#2, I was on top of the world that day. But it will be a while until I close what you just closed.

Congrats Matt. I remember when I closed my coc#2, I was on top of the world that day. But it will be a while until I close what you just closed.

You might surprise yourself...it took me a year to get from the #2 to the 2.5, but a lot of more dedicated people do it faster than that :D

Maybe I will get a BBSM. I do like the sharper knurling, and I'm not sure the 260N is enough harder than the 240N to be a big help. I got it down to about 1/8" today.

Great work Matt :rock I knew if you practiced your parallel set you would kill that 2.5.

I think you ought to come out to the GGC next weekend.

Great work Matt :rock I knew if you practiced your parallel set you would kill that 2.5.

I think you ought to come out to the GGC next weekend.

I'd love to come out for the GGC, but I have to work that day. It's the last weekend the horse track is open here in Saratoga, and there's no way I can weasel out of it :(

Nice work Matt you have the power!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan