My Best Bob Day Ever...r Sorin

1stCoC

INCREDIBLE!!!

Congrats Mr. Sorin.

Mighty Joe

Congrats!

I can change that title to Blob if you want....:)

Richard,

Still the best of the best. :rock:rock:rock

That video was awesome, Richard!! :rock :rock :rock

Incredible blobbing there Richard! :bow Age is but a number and you're living proof. Congrats! :rock

Have you considered entering a grip competition and/or maybe grabbing some of the gang there House/Tex/whoever and taking a road trip to the nearest major comp whenever it is? Seems like the grip gang there at Sorinex would do very well and enjoy it if they did.

Nice to see an older guy showing us younger guys how its done thats the most IMPRESSIVE display of bobbing/blobing i have ever seen :rock:bow:bow

Your facility/gym is super impressive an awefull lot of strong guys being built in there also i like how you all continue to have fun.

Insane :rock

It's already been said, but. . . . that 2 finger snatch was very, very impressive.

I don't think there'll be a stampede of Blobsters replicating that feat anytime soon!

Dave

I havent been feeling my best lately but gave the Blob a try with an idea that has been rattling around in my mind. I did full pull, a nice one a couple of times lefty (first time ever for me is this year) and On two following efforts one a few inches and one 8-10 inches up the York 50 pulled up with ONE finger and thumb.(My son Bert almost fell over with that one) It really felt uncomfortable and strained me a bit. We put in on film but as not being the full pull as I have wanted it was just "an experiment".RS

Richard, next time you're feeling your oats I'd love to see you break out the fat 45's and go after that again :rock

Richard, next time you're feeling your oats I'd love to see you break out the fat 45's and go after that again :rock

Great idea! After that Blob domination this should be a walk in the park for You! :rock

I don't know how many have tried the two old fat(or have them) 2' thick rimmed Yorks but, they are so very hard. I have done them twice in the past once lucky enough to get a photo of it. I doubted it was possible for me even then but I was in my prime and challenged by a fellow gym member who read about it as the ultimate "grip trick" in a 1960's Strength and Health magazine article. The edges of the plate are rounded like the end of your finger and have high and low spots that barely "mesh" with the opposing plate so, the slip and slide "value" is very high. Most grip guys when trying them can't get them with both hands, I myself know my limitations and repectfully pass on ripping my fingers off. lol Thanks for the question though. RS

If you ever lift that blob with thumb and one finger..... wow, that would be some strength!!!

Mr. Sorin, you say you're not at your peak, but after seeing the 2 finger + thumb Blob snatch, and the blob + 24.25 pounds full deadlift, are you really that distant from your peak performances on these implements!?

My strength in the lighter weight movements ( say a 50lb blob vs a 1330lb lockout) are still good in spite of overtraining which always "lurks" about training with high energy guys like House. I came( looking at the video) closer to the one finger and thumb Blob lift completion that I thought, if my tendons relax a bit there still might be a shot doing a full pull.I think G-man will have that first attempt ready to view sometime next week.

I am pleased that a full, entire hand pull of a Blob is thought of highly enough to have its own honor roll list on the Grip page. It is comforting to know if I had 3 fingers whacked off I still would have a shot at making it. lol Thanks RS

I don't know how many have tried the two old fat(or have them) 2' thick rimmed Yorks but, they are so very hard. I have done them twice in the past once lucky enough to get a photo of it. I doubted it was possible for me even then but I was in my prime and challenged by a fellow gym member who read about it as the ultimate "grip trick" in a 1960's Strength and Health magazine article. The edges of the plate are rounded like the end of your finger and have high and low spots that barely "mesh" with the opposing plate so, the slip and slide "value" is very high. Most grip guys when trying them can't get them with both hands, I myself know my limitations and repectfully pass on ripping my fingers off. lol Thanks for the question though. RS

How about go after the other implements in the grip gauntlet :rock Give that BIG anvil with weight a go and maybe that 100# bomb :rock

It would be cool to hear some of your results.

Keep the Blob domination coming :rock

Dave T and I tried Jedd's Yorks at Gripmas and they're just stupid hard. We could both pick them up with two hands and hold them with one but neither of us was even close regarding picking them up with one hand. The slightest movement and they just squirt right out due to the rounded edges. I picked up a pair of fat, rounded, rubberized 35's at a gym in my hometown and that was hard. Even being rubberized they wanted to come apart and the extra width added quite a bit to the difficulty as well. Just finding a pair to train with is a world class feat in itself.