Exact Age Of Youngest Coc

1stCoC

Lots of guessing. Here's a thought for Richard et al. Ask Randall. Email him and await a reply.

Well I emailed Randall and he replied and even went on to post an article on IronMind.com, you guys can check it out. The CCS Rule was adapted in March 2004. I'm assuming Magnus & Tommy certified with the new rules in effect and the other #4 CoC's didn't. :rock

All #4 closers did it under the old rule.

I think Chad Woodall was the first who did it with CC (own gripper) Rule, for sure he was one of the first. The rule change with the new #3 out of the box came in 2006 I think. Was Tex the first?

Yes indeed I just looked into it.... Magnus was the last person to certify and it was FEB 28, 2004. Under the old rules, not the new ones. So we don't have anyone who has certified with the new rules for a #4. I was reading an article in IronMind that Joe Kinney picked up grippers again and he can still close the #3 or something. Articles like that make me think, did this guy ever close the #4 to begin with? If you did it before, why can't you do it anymore?

From what I understand about Joe is that he suffered pretty bad hand injuries that caused him to give up grip training for a while. I heard that he kept up with the IM TUG grippers and rehabilitated with those grippers.

Me, Still the question IS who and at exactly what age did the youngest coc qualify, And to add.... the youngest to qualify with the ccs rule in effect (any?). Thanks RS

And the still the best response is to simply ask Strossen.

Me, Still the question IS who and at exactly what age did the youngest coc qualify, And to add.... the youngest to qualify with the ccs rule in effect (any?). Thanks RS

Email Randall.

Lots of guessing. Here's a thought for Richard et al. Ask Randall. Email him and await a reply.

Well I emailed Randall and he replied and even went on to post an article on IronMind.com, you guys can check it out. The CCS Rule was adapted in March 2004. I'm assuming Magnus & Tommy certified with the new rules in effect and the other #4 CoC's didn't. :rock

All #4 closers did it under the old rule.

I think Chad Woodall was the first who did it with CC (own gripper) Rule, for sure he was one of the first. The rule change with the new #3 out of the box came in 2006 I think. Was Tex the first?

Yes indeed I just looked into it.... Magnus was the last person to certify and it was FEB 28, 2004. Under the old rules, not the new ones. So we don't have anyone who has certified with the new rules for a #4. I was reading an article in IronMind that Joe Kinney picked up grippers again and he can still close the #3 or something. Articles like that make me think, did this guy ever close the #4 to begin with? If you did it before, why can't you do it anymore?

Just like everything else we have trained our body to do. Use it or lose it. Especially at the high level of crush he had.

Just like everything else we have trained our body to do. Use it or lose it. Especially at the high level of crush he had.

..and in Kinney's case his strength seems to have been effected by health issues.

Youngest overall was Mike Sanderson at 14, youngest under the new rules was Wes shortly after he turned 18 (a few months after I think but I'm not exactly positive). In answer to me, I haven't trained grippers in forever, we'll see what I can do when I start again shortly. I got an easy #3 (2.85 or somewhere around there) at MMS. I've CCSd a #2.5 easily when I trained.

I'm fairly certain that John Wood no set a #3 to cert, and he was young. I don't have the milo with his write up to check for certain.