Sorinex Open House Day Of Strength

1stCoC

Odin, The doors are always open to people of strength...no charge. I saw the first pictures of the day some awesome stuff. You missed a real show Bob when all the guys went after the hex dumbell by end, Blob,anvils ( wow ) Inch and Circus Bell lifts. House and Tex were "on" and I still shake my head after seeing the things they did. You may get some comfort in we got some good shots of you and yes we did take a picture together with the Blob after you lifted it contact me at Sorinex and I will forward them. We would love to feature the footage you did on the Blob lift too contact goergen @sorinex.com RS

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• odin

• 1stCoC

• twig

• MalachiMcMullen

Congrats Bob!

I was moved to share "my" most favored grip posession "The Original Blob" and rolled it from its secure "lair" for Bob's fight to enter the halls of grip Valhalla. After a long battle and dogged supporters urging him on he did it!A level, full pull in perfect pinch position!
Yes! Go on, my son! :rock

Sounds like a great time was had by all. Hat's off to Richard for organizing such a gathering and congratulations Bob :rock

I'm curious if Donnie Thompson tried any grip stuff, he is a VERY strong human and wondering how well he would have done in some of the grip tests.

Odin, The doors are always open to people of strength...no charge. I saw the first pictures of the day some awesome stuff. You missed a real show Bob when all the guys went after the hex dumbell by end, Blob,anvils ( wow ) Inch and Circus Bell lifts. House and Tex were "on" and I still shake my head after seeing the things they did. You may get some comfort in we got some good shots of you and yes we did take a picture together with the Blob after you lifted it contact me at Sorinex and I will forward them. We would love to feature the footage you did on the Blob lift too contact goergen @sorinex.com RS

Thanks Richard, I appreciate the kind offer! I uploaded some pics to the blog I share with John Eaton during my lunch break <click here>. A couple of the videos were taken sideways by spectators, so I will try to find a way to rotate and edit them tonight and if not, send some raw footage to you at least.

I'm glad we got some pics together, in the blur of the day it was, i didn't remember holding the Original Blob for the camera, just that we got a picture shaking hands, real happy to hear that! I had the same kind of amnesia at Gripmas when I was trying feats afterwards and Dave Thornton told me of something I did with 3x25s.I didn't even notice music was playing at Sorinex until I watched the videos, that's how focused I was.

I'll be watching for the feats from Big Tex, House and others, especially interested in any Circus DB attempts.

Richard, i saw you pull the 132 lb. Inch to about shoulder height near the end of the festivities; looked to be between a clean and snatch in height, very impressive!

I appreciate all the kind comments and will respond to as many as I can over the next few days, but am at work now.

Awesome coverage of a historical event!!!! :rock Sounds like everybody showed up strong and had a good time. And Odin, great job with the original blob!!!! :bow

Great job Bob!! :rock Too bad You did not take a video of that blob lift.

Burkhard, I have video of the actual DL and some near misses. I just need to edit it, figure out how to turn some of it that was taken sideways and upload it. I will try to do that as soon as possible.

:whacked Can't wait for the video Bob!!!

Burkhard, I have video of the actual DL and some near misses. I just need to edit it, figure out how to turn some of it that was taken sideways and upload it. I will try to do that as soon as possible.

I have seen the raw video and you guys won't be disappointed :D

That is great to see, Bob!

I have seen the raw video and you guys won't be disappointed :D

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I'm working on it now, downloaded a program "Honk" (I believe) suggested. It looked easy enough to use and I was able to rotate the video, but did something wrong apparently and created a huge .avi file where it was so distorted after I ran it through the Windows Movie Maker to shrink it that I have the same body type as John Eaton, funny stuff.

I'm starving and have had about enough of that for now and know you guys don't want me to get obsessive and make it perfect, so I'm just going to slap together the three best clips the best I can and upload it to youtube so you guys can see it, then I'll try to shrink some of the clips and email them to Richard so they can edit them at Sorinex as they wish for a better production. Sorry for the delay, I get impatient waiting to see contest videos, etc. myself.

Damn Bob, way to stick with it and pound out a quality lift! And at your body weight.......this is a true feat of grip strength. Most giants can't budge this beast.