The Hrdest Gripper In The World

lolmmmol

I would actually put money down that Tim T could get that thing halfway braced crushing it. They are not useful for gripping but they can be used for bending training. It is true about the handles though. At that size it would be much stronger to just knurl the spring. The aluminum really might snap off under the 1000 + lbs someone like Tim T or maybe Gazza could put on it.

Is there any knowledge as to wether the super galaxy and up grippers have actually been fully calibrated and closed without breaking or not?

I personally expect to be able to braced crush at least the galaxy eventually and I would like to know it isn't going to explode in my hands.

That's the whole thing I'm thinking Tim. For one, the larger the spring size, the more force on the handles but then the kicker is, the larger the spring size, the less aluminum there is around the end of the spring to strengthen it. I'd sure like to know how far down in the handles the springs go, at least on these monsters. If a loaded up, 1/2 inch spring was to suddenly let go in the middle of your hand it could be devastating, even with padding. I'm talking about if the aluminum ends were to break off. See I'm wondering if Warren planned on anybody using them like that. If he didn't then they may not be set any deeper in the handles than any other gripper because nobody could do squat with a one hand squeeze.

Be nice to try but I'd have to know for sure they wouldn't break. If the spring went all the way down the handles and the handles were basically "sleeves" it would be great for various bending training.

Tim

Warren himself said that benders use them to practice, so I'm SURE he sunk the spring all the way down into the handle knowing that they use them like that. Like Tim said, they're probably more like sleeves. I mean, c'mon, this is the Father of Grip we're talking about here...he knows what he's doing ;)

Edited by Magnus

We could always just rip the aluminum off, that wouldn't leave much doubt. I think I may do that anyways with the pro and world class I am gonna get just to further replicate pushing on actual steel.