A #4 Attempt

Teemu I

Thanks guys!

Alawadhi: this month! ;) I have to get this done!

Edited by Teemu I

:bow Great attempt!

Those power sets must be helping because your set looked strong!

Teemu i used power sets today in my training with the narrow WC then went back to my #3 and it felt so so easy to set. I think i am going to include these in my training all the time. I read all your blog and your posts on this board it is all very informative and has helped me a great deal with grippers in recent months.

big improvement in the first part of the close(setting the gripper)

What about taking the "coin challenge" for a try and after it close this 3.86?? :blush

powersets works for sure like Matt said:-)

Teemu I,

The "4" is yours, just get it done. :rock:rock:rock

holy crap that was a thick spring. Keep it up Teemu

Thanks again guys!

Matt, Sam, Hugo, the setting strength has been getting somewhat better, but very slowly. I still need to work more on the total upper body strength as well to get stronger on the set.

Sam, don't mention it, I just like to talk about these things.

Hugo, the coin challenge will have to wait, I'm concentrating all my efforts on things that are of most help to reaching this goal of closing the #4.

I've been getting good advice and feedback from some of the board members as well as support from plenty of other guys, all of it is helping me to concentrate on the proper training and getting the job done. :rock

Edited by Teemu I

Great attempt!
Thanks Bill! Once I get this done, I'll sign up on the MM-ladder again. :)

Ok, this is a 201 lbs calibrated CoC #4 I had a chance to borrow from a friend, Matti Heiskanen (kilkkinen on this board). So it is somewhat easier than the average shown by RGC-calibrations. But a hard gripper anyway. I will try to close this #4 as soon as possible and this is how I did today:

http://gripperstrength.wordpress.com/2008/...loser-on-the-4/

I can't thank Matti enough for this chance to train on this #4, it will be a good step to right direction once I've closed it. :)

Now I´ve seen the video too, and must say, very impressive. Your setting looked easy too.

You will close it in few weeks... :rock

Awesome!! :bow

We all know you have about the best crushing strength going today but it's always a pleasure to see you doing something most will never achieve. Keep at it and I look forward to seeing you up on the top of the MM ladder where you deserve to be. :bow

Thanks again guys!

Gumpster, very nice words, but first of all, at this point the progress is slow and the amount of work it takes to close a gripper even just a one calibrated pound harder than a previous PB is huge. Also the required intensity to make the progress happen makes this a very unpredictable thing. The risk of injury is high allthough I'm doing my best to keep things in balance and to help with the recovery but you just never know. One thing I know is that I should be pretty much ready for this particular gripper when all the little things line up. As for climbing up the MM-ladder, it remains to be seen what I'll be good for, but I will certainly try to find out. If I manage to keep my hands in one piece, I will keep on improving in the long run.

Nice video. Enjoyed watching it.

inspiring to say the least! amazing attempt teemu i can't wait to see those handles touch! i'm almost as anxious as you i think! :D