Trying Some!

gazza

Thanks for the inspirational vids Gazza!!!!! Awesome bends from the Greatest Bender Ever :rock:rock:rock

Absolutely crazy bends Gary!! :blink How does that oil hardened drillrod compare to, say, FBBC crs(KOAB)? I've never bent any, and am curious. Man, DU and Reverse at that diameter is just out there in insano land. I've only ever managed to get @ a 1-2 degree kink DU in a 5 3/4'' piece of Steelworks 3/8'' crs, and I thought my wrists were going to break!! :blink

Congrats on some awesome bends buddy!! :cool:rock

Edited by Foxman

Absolutely crazy bends Gary!! :blink How does that oil hardened drillrod compare to, say, FBBC crs(KOAB)? I've never bent any, and am curious. Man, DU and Reverse at that diameter is just out there in insano land. I've only ever managed to get @ a 1-2 degree kink DU in a 5 3/4'' piece of Steelworks 3/8'' crs, and I thought my wrists were going to break!! :blink

I've bent a lot of oil-hardened Drill Rod and I can say without a doubt that 9mm O-1 (.354") is harder than any KOAB I've touched in any part of the range. 11/32" Drill Rod is as hard in certain ranges I feel as a KOAB...

I've bent a lot of oil-hardened Drill Rod and I can say without a doubt that 9mm O-1 (.354") is harder than any KOAB I've touched in any part of the range. 11/32" Drill Rod is as hard in certain ranges I feel as a KOAB...

Thanks Ben! That just makes it more insane. Can you get the oil-hardened drillrod at Fastenal? I have a couple close by, and am always looking for new stuff to try. Thanks again buddy! :cool

Can you get the oil-hardened drillrod at Fastenal? I have a couple close by, and am always looking for new stuff to try.

Yes

NO LIMITS is an Understatement!!!

Didn't see the videos until now. Amazing bends.

Ive had 3 batches of 0-1 drillrod one batch sent by Tim T with a 7" 6.5" and 6" pieces ive bent them all and 2 other batches off of an anonimouse person which included 3/8" and 3 other thicknesses upto and includeing 1/2inch ive yet to bend the half inch stuff totally unbraced and at 7inches.

All the 3/8inch stuff was alot harder than a koabs but not harder than the koasbs.

Crazy stuff man, friggin reverse, what is the world coming to? Dude if you are reverse bending DRILL ROD at .4" that is halfway to 7/16" with stronger steel than most cold rolled. I know you can DO 7/16" crs. Why are you killing us with the suspense? Are you waiting to get a clean looking 7/16" stainless DO?Ive done some 7/16" crs and brass but not the stainless yet altho i have moved some need to get a bit angry again i think for that one ive done some 303 stainless at 10mms x 6" that was tough and took alot outa me and that was when i was at the top of my game im stronger now but dont seem to have the eye of the tiger!

I thought I was gonna break my arm BRACED crushing a 16" peice of 7/16" 303 stainless so if you are planning to crush something less than half that length unbraced then by all means take your time man, we don't need you breaking your bones again. You gotta give them time to build up density to transmit that hydraulic press force you can generate now.

Are you kidding me????!!!!!!! Am I understanding this right that this is a 3/8 by 7 inch drillrod in reverse then in DU style????!!!!!

Are you some mechanical cyborg or something?

Totally out of this world strength.

Tim

Tim

You sent me some of that a while ago with some other big stuff the 3 pieces of drillrod you sent me were all bent DO style this stuff was a different batch sent by someone else it only had a label on it saying 0-1 drillrod and enjoy! :D ! did enjoy putting the hurt on it and i have some unfinished business with a couple of other pieces.