Bbb3 Events Final, Less One

John Beatty

22 members have voted

1. 1. Max Bastards in 5 min, or best of three attempt like normal?

• Max bastards in 5 min
    • 3 attempts

Are there any restrictions on where you place hands on the big squeeze for the deadlift? I'm talking more in terms of width; I know you can't hook your fingers under, etc.

Will tilting be allowed?

Hi John,

I had another question to add on this.

Were we going to use the 2x4 size or seems like I remember something about a bigger size for the Contest.

Hi John,

A couple of questions about the events:

Will gloves be provided for the license plate in the tearing medley or do we need to bring our own?

I have gloves, but you might want to bring what you prefer

Will the Kazmeier rule be in effect for the tearing and 2H medleys?

yes

Are there any restrictions on where you place hands on the big squeeze for the deadlift? I'm talking more in terms of width; I know you can't hook your fingers under, etc.

Will tilting be allowed?

I'd say fine, but we can poll the day of & make sure

Will the Jason Payne Caddy Crush Pads be allowed during the bending event? These have a prefabbed pocket in the leather so your steel doesn't slip out. They are made completely of leather and glue.

I'll have to see them, but shouldn't be a problem, depending on what I think of the glue adding stiffness

Hi John,

A couple of questions about the events:

Are there any restrictions on where you place hands on the big squeeze for the deadlift? No, wide or narrow, whatever works, outside of grabbing the ends or zerchering the bar.

Will the license plates be steel or aluminum? (It makes a difference :laugh )

whatever IL plates are made of & I can get in quantity at the junkyard

WHAT is the Kazmeier rule?

objects mist be done in sequence 1-5, not 1,3,5,2,4 or whatever. Kaz was the first man to load all 5 McGlashen stones, but he didn't do them in order, he went 1,3,5,2,4 so he could hit #5 while still fresh & finish with the lighter stones.

What exactly were you thinking of having in the tearing medley?

If I remember correctly it's: ez phonebook, deck crossways, hard phonebook, deck vertically, part's catalog, license plate

correct

Will tilting be allowed?

Hi John,

I had another question to add on this.

Were we going to use the 2x4 size or seems like I remember something about a bigger size for the Contest.

planning bigger (top to bottom 2" x 6"), will check on the stock next week

Also-

The parts catalog will be a heavy white paper, I've quartered one once, it's a bear, but easily doable depending on the friedness level after tearing a bunch of stuff already

Edited by John Beatty

Hey John, one question about the tearing medley. Is the popping method allowed for the books? I know I suck at the grip and rip, and I'm sure some of the other guys probably do too! :blush

Hey John, one question about the tearing medley. Is the popping method allowed for the books? I know I suck at the grip and rip, and I'm sure some of the other guys probably do too! :blush

:fear

Cheaters never win :tongue but if everone is doing it I might too. :laugh

Cheaters never win :tongue but if everone is doing it I might too. :laugh

Cheaters always win and winners always cheat :D Popping isn't cheating, telling your audience you shear them when you don't is what's shady.

Popping is fine, I don't care, since it's for time, not a single max type thing.

John will the Big squeeze deadlift (2x6 or 2x4) be painted? I have the 2x4 version and it has paint on it which makes it slick and chalk-repellant. If the contest version will be unpainted I'm going to strip mine.

Thanks,

Josh

Hey John,

Count me in if I can get Eric Milfeld or Paul Knight

to come along with me.

It would be GREAT to meet you guys.

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe

John will the Big squeeze deadlift (2x6 or 2x4) be painted? I have the 2x4 version and it has paint on it which makes it slick and chalk-repellant. If the contest version will be unpainted I'm going to strip mine.

Thanks,

Josh

Painted

Hey John,

Count me in if I can get Eric Milfeld or Paul Knight

to come along with me.

It would be GREAT to meet you guys.

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe

Joe-

Convince both those guys to get up here, let me know-

John