Video Of Blob Plus 15 Pounds

The Natural

Nice lift. The most I have done is a total weight of 75.5 pounds. I use a clumsy setup with a bungy attaching the plate to the bottom of the blob. It doesn't allow me to tilt at all. I've done this weight a couple of different times and with my smooth blob I use at the shows. I don't train this way much anymore. Now for heavy workouts I usually work up to 5-10 singles with 60-70 pounds then do tosses or face cleans to finish off the workout. I usually only do this for a couple weeks before a show - otherwise I just do 3-5 sets of tosses to stay on top of my game. This is always at the end of my workout which for the past year and a half has included a ton of lower arm work for armwrestling - so i'm pretty much shot by the time I get to the blob. But that is good for endurance and mental focus (mind/body connection) - the latter is what most people with decent size hands and good strength lack for blob lifting. One thing everyone has to realize is that the ability to keep adding weight drops off drastically at some point. 1 pound will eventually be the difference between the lift looking "easy" and the blob staying glued to the floor.

BTW, what Richard says about the original blob(s) is true. We had to use one of his originals that he had sent to Randy Strossen back in the day, at the 2003 Olympia. It was considerably harder than the blob I use today. This also is true of the other original blob I lifted to become the 4th person ever to lift the blob, the one Richard had sent to Scott Safe of Safe USA. These blobs are a bit wider and no "easy" side/sweet spot, and both were slick. All blobs are a little different - the smooth one I use in the booth is easier for me to lift than any others as long as I am clean and it is clean, but much harder to toss or go around the back because when I release my grip a small amount of water and oil is left behind on the surface. The rougher blobs I train with are much easier to toss or go around the back - I think my record around the back is 17 or 18 now, which I did before the Arnold. The rougher blobs are more forgiving but ultimately harder to grip because you have less surface area in contact with your hand (at the microscopic level). Once you are hooked up on a smooth blob you can lift more and hold longer than a rough blob. This is no different than using a slick on a race car and having that slick on when it starts raining! Also realize that there is a difference between a "slick" blob and a "smooth" blob. A slick blob is one with a rough surface that is painted with glossy paint, a smooth blob is one with a smooth surface - painted or not, a "rough" blob is one with a rough surface and takes chalk well. The blob I use in the booth is been lifted so many times that the surface has actually buffed itself "smooth" - not the paint, the iron!

Wade

Wade, as usual right on! We could clear the air just who is the king of the hill and use my O Blob and have you both go at it in a match as weight was added. Now , that winner would BE "the man" ( next Arnolds?) I guarantee Blobs are like grippers all similar but vastly different ..why not make your fame solid on the "first ever" Original Blob where all this interest got started. I am sitting here looking at it and I almost can hear it call "what man can lift me?"RS

Have you tried Derek's blob50 lately?

I have not, but I should. I have an easy double blob deadlift in me for the Gripboard cert. Just haven't had the resources to do it with. According to Aaron, Derek's blob is a bit easier to lift because it takes chalk better.

Great pinch! How is your narrow Pinch? Can you do 2 45's? Not to meny out doing the blob plus that much weight. Keep it up!

I can narrow pinch about 210. My max for narrow pinch has been going up about 5 pounds every week since I began training. A 100kg lift at the GGC will be no problem.

I can do 2 45's. You can visit my YT page for a video of it.

Thanks!

BTW, what Richard says about the original blob(s) is true. We had to use one of his originals that he had sent to Randy Strossen back in the day, at the 2003 Olympia. It was considerably harder than the blob I use today. This also is true of the other original blob I lifted to become the 4th person ever to lift the blob, the one Richard had sent to Scott Safe of Safe USA. These blobs are a bit wider and no "easy" side/sweet spot, and both were slick. All blobs are a little different - the smooth one I use in the booth is easier for me to lift than any others as long as I am clean and it is clean, but much harder to toss or go around the back because when I release my grip a small amount of water and oil is left behind on the surface. The rougher blobs I train with are much easier to toss or go around the back - I think my record around the back is 17 or 18 now, which I did before the Arnold. The rougher blobs are more forgiving but ultimately harder to grip because you have less surface area in contact with your hand (at the microscopic level). Once you are hooked up on a smooth blob you can lift more and hold longer than a rough blob. This is no different than using a slick on a race car and having that slick on when it starts raining! Also realize that there is a difference between a "slick" blob and a "smooth" blob. A slick blob is one with a rough surface that is painted with glossy paint, a smooth blob is one with a smooth surface - painted or not, a "rough" blob is one with a rough surface and takes chalk well. The blob I use in the booth is been lifted so many times that the surface has actually buffed itself "smooth" - not the paint, the iron!

Wade

Wade, as usual right on! We could clear the air just who is the king of the hill and use my O Blob and have you both go at it in a match as weight was added. Now , that winner would BE "the man" ( next Arnolds?) I guarantee Blobs are like grippers all similar but vastly different ..why not make your fame solid on the "first ever" Original Blob where all this interest got started. I am sitting here looking at it and I almost can hear it call "what man can lift me?"RS

Thanks Wade, and thanks Richard. I'm game for such a contest if Wade is. I would, however, like to handle one of these mysterious O-Blobs you two say is so different from a regular blob, before I go against someone like Wade who has lots of experience with it (and who clearly would be the expected winner). It would be a shame to ruin such an opportunity due to inexperience with the O-Blob. There's nothing I hate more than excuses to lose.

If Richard and Wade are serious about this, let me add that I would very appreciative of anyone who could loan me an O-Blob to train on.

(Listening to the Rocky theme song...)

Of course I am willing - the Arnold however it is a very long day and weekend. I'm afraid just lifting the original blob will be difficult enough for me! I don't think we will have to worry much about adding too much weight! If we can't arrange the original blob just come to the booth and we can do some tricks for the crowd. I'm cringing that I just agreed to this - I can already see the Sorinex entourage led by Bert smiling ear to ear, Richard looking serious as hell, and Tex accidentally knocking people over to get his 400 pound frame to the booth while carrying the original signed blob!

Very, very nice work man... :rock

Natural, you seem to have very large hands. Have you tried pinch lifting 6 or even 7 x 10lb. Olympic plates?

OldGuy, some time close to when I started training grip, I tried and failed to lift 6 10's, but I got 5 with ease. I'll get 6 plates here pretty soon, though. But 7. Jeez. Has anyone done 7 10's? This is the first time I have ever even heard it mentioned sincerely as a possible feat. (Maybe you could try it; I hear you can hook grip the RT).

how are your hands so strong, were you a farmer as a kid? Anyways amazing lift your near the top of the game already.

I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but my family moved all over the South around 12 times before I left home at the age of 18, and I've moved about 20 times total in my life. My dad's back is pretty much destroyed from playing football in college, so I was the one who had to move most of the furniture (no brothers). And after I moved out, I would move in and out of apartments all by myself. Gripping underneath the edges of big-ass cabinets, tables, etc. and then walking seems like it would build finger strength. But other than that, I have no idea.

no its something your born with my sons best friend does not work out no training for hands no special job to make his hands strong and has a 7 3/4 hand length and can pick up two blobs at the same time one the real thick blob hold them for time also pick up two 45s in a pinch and won't work out with us i have him on video doing all of this from a year or two ago :blush

Rex, you just keep getting stronger. Super lift!

no its something your born with my sons best friend does not work out no training for hands no special job to make his hands strong and has a 7 3/4 hand length and can pick up two blobs at the same time one the real thick blob hold them for time also pick up two 45s in a pinch and won't work out with us i have him on video doing all of this from a year or two ago :blush

Does he weightlifting though? I know weightlifting would have some affect on your grip strength, as overall strength does carry over.

Does he weightlifting though? I know weightlifting would have some affect on your grip strength, as overall strength does carry over.

no he said its too much work and his words he is lazy

Natural, I dont know where it went but I sent a message that I thought you lived near Atlanta Ga. I will be there at the end of this month and again during the summer. I could bring the O Blob with me to save you traveling to get to "test it". We still are having our open house in late June as well. So if you really want to lay a hand on the Fat One it CAN happen. Big Tex is just now getting the old style 52.5 pinch out in the gym (similar to the O Blob) so believe me it is no easy thing for even the best of men. I look for seveal outstanding feats to be done at the open house so, yall' start gathering your best tricks and get ready to bring em"RS